Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42100804

Article about Darryl Marfo and his road to starting against the ABs and doing really well. He's been a hell of a find for Scotland so far and I hope he continues to improve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I don't know why but I'm rewatching the second Lions test right now. Barrett misses two really kickable penalties dead out front. SBW's red card wasn't criticized enough at the time - it's really stupid and completely unnecessary. Then the ABs go down to 7 forwards in absolutely terrible conditions. And still should have won the game on the balance of play.

In retrospect that tour was so much fun. The Super games were really fun and the tests were full of drama. Wish the Lions could have had 1 or 2 more weeks to prepare and space out the tour to raise the level of play even further.

Good test lineup for tomorrow - looking forward to Scotland/Aus, Ireland/Arg, USA vs Georgia...and hopefully Fiji doesn't beat Canada too badly.

sleep with the vicious fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 25, 2017

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Italy are playing some nice rugby at the moment.

e: Parisse is far too good for Italy.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 25, 2017

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Hogg has picked up an injury in the warm up and is off for the Australia game, replaced by Maitland at 15 and McGuigan coming in on the wing.

Fuckballs.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They just needed to weaken the team enough that they could lose to Australia.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I see Scotland are Scotlanding as they mean to go on.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Australia are Scotlanding harder at the moment.
e:
:lol: at that mess of a try.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 25, 2017

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is a bit loose.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Just got back from the Newport/Merthyr game to see Scotland all over Australia. What is it with Oz and their problem with kicking?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Both teams are all over the place today.

Get hosed Kepu, dirty gently caress.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 25, 2017

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Probably could shut my mouth. That was some good counter attacking by Australia, Maitland looked slow.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Whoops.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Funny how that is suddenly a red card when it's not an All Black on the receiving end.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

Funny how that is suddenly a red card when it's not an All Black on the receiving end.

Pretty sure if any player is dumb enough to be that blatant against the ABs they'd eat a red too.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

Pretty sure if any player is dumb enough to be that blatant against the ABs they'd eat a red too.

Tell that to Mako Vunipola and Jerome Garces.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vaders Jester posted:

They'd better it's such a dumb move.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

Fair point but it's hardly like the ABs are unfairly picked on by the world.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah, I actually just watched that and posted uptread - mako was the exact same thing

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

Fair point but it's hardly like the ABs are unfairly picked on by the world.

Is that why, for the last decade or so, there's been a clear reluctance by the World Rugby judiciary to actually take action on foul play against All Blacks?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Eh? ABs have had as much favouritism and protection as anyone else, hell, they milked a red on Du Plessis for the temerity of him touching Dan Carter but I'm sure everyone will playing the tiniest violins in the world for the poor, discriminated against All Blacks.

Anyway, back to the misery of watching Scotland blow it against 14 players.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 25, 2017

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

Eh? ABs have had as much favouritism and protection as anyone else, hell, they milked a red on Du Plessis for the temerity of him touching Dan Carter but I'm sure everyone will playing the tiniest violins in the world for the poor, discriminated against All Blacks.

Anyway, back to the misery of watching Scotland blow it against 14 players.

Oh, so that must be why Andy Powell got away with a clothesline on McCaw, Hartley got away with dropping an elbow on the back of McCaw's head in a ruck, Vunipola didn't even get cited for a shoulder to Barrett's head, and when it came to Sexton trying to take Barrett's head off on the way to a try, the referee didn't even want to know - despite giving Fekitoa getting a yellow and a citing later for exactly the same.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Maitland looks like he's lost a yard of pace. Still scored but it was really close there.

e: Bhatti is fast for a big lad.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 25, 2017

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

Oh, so that must be why Andy Powell got away with a clothesline on McCaw, Hartley got away with dropping an elbow on the back of McCaw's head in a ruck, Vunipola didn't even get cited for a shoulder to Barrett's head, and when it came to Sexton trying to take Barrett's head off on the way to a try, the referee didn't even want to know - despite giving Fekitoa getting a yellow and a citing later for exactly the same.

If I cared enough i'm sure I'd be able to find examples of the ABs not getting picked up for foul play against other teams.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

Hore knocked out Bradley Davies and got to play on. There have been a few Welsh players that have taken some illegal hits and nothing has been done about it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bessantj posted:

Hore knocked out Bradley Davies and got to play on. There have been a few Welsh players that have taken some illegal hits and nothing has been done about it.

Yeah, but he got cited for it.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah, but he got cited for it.

After the game.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Bloody hell Scotland, this is properly impressive

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

tarbrush posted:

Bloody hell Scotland, this is properly impressive

I'd hope so against 14 players, I keep expecting them to Scotland the living gently caress out of this.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bessantj posted:

After the game.

Not one of the incidents I've mentioned got so much as the slightest bit of scrutiny by the citing commissioner.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Part of me wants to dismiss this Scotland performance ("well, it's against 14 men so of course it's easy"), but I keep remembering Wales struggling against 13 players.
Good job Scotland.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

Not one of the incidents I've mentioned got so much as the slightest bit of scrutiny by the citing commissioner.

So there is a conspiracy to ignore New Zealand complaints?

EDIT: Wait, is that even how it works or am I thinking of something else? I'm not downplaying what Powell did he deserved a ban for it, could have given McCaw a concussion.

bessantj fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 25, 2017

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

We're Mealamu and Umaga cited for the spear on BOD?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bessantj posted:

So there is a conspiracy to ignore New Zealand complaints?

When there's a prolonged pattern, it does suggest a double standard is at play.

Vaders Jester posted:

We're Mealamu and Umaga cited for the spear on BOD?

It's after that where there seemed to be a sudden dropping in citings against the All Blacks.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
Well, my team is the victim of unpunished foul play and my team is always spotted by the ref and citing commission

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Australia over, fight back starts here.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Glad the ref stopped play immediately there. Looked like a bad knock.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

If Scotland score 1 more try, they'll be the second Northern Hemisphere team to put 50 on a SANZAR side.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

If Scotland score 1 more try, they'll be the second Northern Hemisphere team to put 50 on a SANZAR side.

I'm still hoping we can avoid conspiring to lose this game somehow.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Looks like it might happen via a penalty try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Penalty try surely?