Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on political uncertainty in Zimbabwe – Robert Mugabe’s 37-year grip on power in Zimbabwe was fast ebbing away on Wednesday evening as he met senior military officers to discuss his future following a day confined to house arrest in Harare"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Tory MPs hit back at Daily Telegraph over 'Brexit mutineers' front page

Times:

Evening Standard:

Leonardo da Vinci painting sells for $450m at auction, smashing records

Mail:
MAC on... Russian meddling in Brexit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Mac's world atlas still has the Soviet Union in it. Also Pygmyland.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Guavanaut posted:

Mac's world atlas still has the Soviet Union in it. Also Pygmyland.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on political upheavals – While Zimbabwe remains in political limbo following a military takeover, Theresa May faces increasing pressure from both inside and outside her party"

Telegraph:

After Leonardo da Vinci.

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... Leonardo Da Vinci's Salvador Mundi selling for $450million

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Brexit talks and Ireland – Donald Tusk tells Theresa May that more progress is needed on the Irish border or talks with EU will not progress to second stage"

Telegraph:

British explorer Benedict Allen 'alive and well' in Papua New Guinea

Independent:

After Leonardo da Vinci.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Why does Godcast need sponsors?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Because all the other podcasts have them. It adds key market credibility.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Discendo Vox posted:

Why does Godcast need sponsors?

goatface posted:

Because all the other podcasts have them. It adds key market credibility.

Pretty much! He posted the full script for this strip on his Twitter: "You do a podcast, you read the sponsors' script. Everybody does it." link 1, link 2.

Observer:

"David Davis and the Brexit monster – Chris Riddell on the troubles lurking beneath Britain’s bed" Also John Lewis’s Moz was under my bed years ago – but they haven't credited me

Sunday Telegraph:

Britain to increase Brexit 'divorce bill' offer to Brussels, Chancellor Philip Hammond signals

Independent on Sunday:

Zimbabwe's ruling party fires Robert Mugabe as leader

Sunday Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the chancellor's upcoming budget – Philip Hammond has little room for manoeuvre with his plans for tax and spending"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Budget 2017: UK to launch self-driving cars on British roads by 2021; There are no unemployed in UK, says Hammond in TV gaffe

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Brexit developments – Theresa May hopes for treats while fat cats attend to their chow"

Telegraph:

Collapse of German coalition talks underlines Merkel's weaknesses

Independent:

Theresa May's cabinet agrees to pay more to break Brexit deadlock

Times:

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
wibble

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
It's a weird thing to say, but I'm excited to see Squires' Aussie cartoon this week.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the state of the Brexit negotiations – Following the collapse of coalition talks, Angela Merkel has domestic issues to sort. To think she could magic a UK-friendly Brexit solution is fanciful"

Telegraph:

Budget 2017 UK: Philip Hammond to announce new 'millennial' railcards for under 30s

Independent:

Times:

Jungle explorer Benedict Allen tells of malaria and tribal wars

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... Cancer screening at supermarkets

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

frankenfreak posted:

It's a weird thing to say, but I'm excited to see Squires' Aussie cartoon this week.

Squires' Aussie Cartoon:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Well, that's disappointing. I was expecting more focus on Postecoglou stepping down.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
i don't follow football, but those aussie cartoons are still pretty funny. i really liked the one where he just wrote the lyrics for "dead flag blues" on top of some drawings.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
those tory cartoons are so loving grim these days

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

frankenfreak posted:

Well, that's disappointing. I was expecting more focus on Postecoglou stepping down.

I'm assuming that the news broke too late for him to do a full strip, which is why it gets throwaway references in a couple of panels. There's always next week!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the autumn budget – Philip Hammond has admitted that obsessing about shrinking the state has left the economy enfeebled. But he continues to put ideology above evidence"

Telegraph:

Hammond boosts housing and NHS spending as growth forecasts are slashed

Independent:

The i paper:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on...Budget millions to help the homeless

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
gently caress off Mac.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Cerebral Bore posted:

gently caress off Mac.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?

Cerebral Bore posted:

gently caress off Mac.

Mac needs to take a PhD in new ways of loving off.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Cerebral Bore posted:

gently caress off Mac.

The stopped "gently caress off Mac" clock is right 24/7, 365

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
It's all right, the homeless are just folks who can't be bothered working. They have a high old time getting smashed all day and don't worry about them getting cold and wet - there are all those big outdoor heating pipes all over the place.

MAC: an octogenarian bimbo.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Mac always draws swastikas in his graffiti. Telling.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That's a sauwastika, the Buddhist one.

Also gently caress off Mac.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Conservatives and animal rights – Michael Gove has promised to make changes to UK law to recognise that animals can feel pain, after Tories were accused of voting down proposals to accept they are sentient beings"

Telegraph:

Angela Merkel rescued by opposition as Martin Schulz ends refusal to enter coalition talks

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... the Budget and the NHS

Also, those Political Cartoon awards I linked a few weeks ago were dished out last night: Ben Jenkins won cartoon of the year, with Bob Moran 2nd; and Morten Morland won Cartoonist of the year, with I think Dave Brown 2nd.

https://twitter.com/Cartoon4sale/status/934026207028445184

https://twitter.com/EllwoodAtfield/status/934005061918908416

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on austerity Britain and Brexit – Institute for Fiscal Studies has issued a grim message for the long-suffering British public: the age of austerity is not over"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After John Singer Sargent.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

I can't tell if the cartoonist is doing fashion trends from 30 years ago as part of the joke or if he really thinks that's how the youth still dress.

I mean there's even a loving boombox

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Gonzo McFee posted:

I can't tell if the cartoonist is doing fashion trends from 30 years ago as part of the joke or if he really thinks that's how the youth still dress.

I'd like to think that he drew the Tories dressing up in what they think kids these days wear as a part of their appeal to youth.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gonzo McFee posted:

Playing "Hip!! Hop!!"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

This is confusing. Is he complaining that the EU aren't keeping the promises that were made by the Boris/Gove/Farage axis of evil?

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Gonzo McFee posted:

Pretty sure it's intentional, and is meant to show that the Tories' attempts to reach out to kids are so out of touch with what the youth actually do/want.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Ah, the rare Mac toon that is merely inept and clunky instead of horrifying, inept and clunky.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

goatface posted:

This is confusing. Is he complaining that the EU aren't keeping the promises that were made by the Boris/Gove/Farage axis of evil?

I think so, if you look through the last few Bob cartoons on Brexit the new talking point seems to be that the pernicious Europeans are deliberately denying us access to the mythical Good Brexit (that Boris promised us) in favour of arbitrarily increasing the ~Divorce Bill~ and distracting us with trivialities like the Irish border. It's depressing how quickly the Brexiteer consensus has devolved into putting their fingers in their ears and whining that nobody ever told them it would be difficult.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

goatface posted:

You have to remember. People in favour of leaving the E.U. are the stupidest people on the Earth, exceeding even the current POTUS.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Philip Hammond falls victim to Brexit fall-out – Chris Riddell on the budget – and animal welfare"

Sunday Telegraph:

Liam Fox: Northern Irish border cannot be settled until EU trade deal agree After John Gilroy.

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Bob continues harping about the euro threat

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Reminder that while Mac will probably die soon, Bob will be doing his terrible cartoons for 40 more years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Christ, Guinness to represent Ireland, good one BoB