Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

SatansBestBuddy posted:

My favourite right now is probably JelloApocalypse's

i voluntarily watch anime and not even i can listen to this voice

is it a deliberate affect? its like nails on a chalkboard bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Fabricated posted:

Hey, feel free to be wrong as usual.

:thunk:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Calibanibal posted:

is it a deliberate affect?

yes it's deliberately annoying

it's meant to invoke those guys who constantly recommend shows you have no interest in watching by listing everything they love about the show

the joke is "this is how annoying you sound when you do that"

Aurora posted:

dumb vid

I didn't say it wasn't

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

wow that's pretty awful

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I mean I do know a friend of mine who's vision impaired and will be blind in the next few years, she can't watch MHA because the motion makes her sick, yet a lot of her D&D groups pester her to try it. I'm the only person she knows who's similarly consumed the media and isn't trying to force her to do so.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Am I the only one left a bit cold on the whole "defeating the prediction" thing? I feel like if we had been shown what Nighteye saw specifically that ultimately wound up not happening, it might have had a bit more impact. As it stands he just said out loud that something was going to happen, and then it didn't. I keep feeling like there should have been more to it, but there wasn't.

I have more of a problem with Sir's quirk and character arc than I do with Eri's at the moment.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

yes it's deliberately annoying

it's meant to invoke those guys who constantly recommend shows you have no interest in watching by listing everything they love about the show

the joke is "this is how annoying you sound when you do that"

I didn't say it wasn't

he puts down the chapter where they visit each other's rooms and his opinions are therefore poo poo from an rear end

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Erg posted:

he puts down the chapter where they visit each other's rooms and his opinions are therefore poo poo from an rear end

who the gently caress has a problem with character building arcs

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Erg posted:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's one of those put downs (like most of the others in the vid) that is coming from the dumbass tendency of not wanting to just like a thing, so you have to be self-deprecating. especially if the channel gimmick is based on taking the piss out of people who have maybe too much enthusiasm for a thing, like that other post said.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Erg posted:

hosed up if true

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Erg posted:

I'ma put down that chapter solely because we didn't get to see Bakugou's room.

And the fact that it is a perfect mirror of Deku's.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Shere posted:

I have more of a problem with Sir's quirk and character arc than I do with Eri's at the moment.
Both Sir and Overhaul sucked, were bent way too hard to the narrative, have huge problems with their arcs and were thankfully disposed of.

Eri on the other hand I think has potential to be a really heart-warming, slow burn arc. Or a real gut punch. I'm actually a little disappointed we didn't see Deku in someway modified by his encounter with her, though.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Onmi posted:

I mean I do know a friend of mine who's vision impaired and will be blind in the next few years, she can't watch MHA because the motion makes her sick, yet a lot of her D&D groups pester her to try it. I'm the only person she knows who's similarly consumed the media and isn't trying to force her to do so.

If the motion is a problem, would she be able to read the manga?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

fractalairduct posted:

If the motion is a problem, would she be able to read the manga?

Nope, because reading for too long also gives her a headache, she's down an eye already, and the other one wont last for another 3 years.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Onmi posted:

Nope, because reading for too long also gives her a headache, she's down an eye already, and the other one wont last for another 3 years.

Fair enough, then.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

Man, that sucks.

Have either of you seen Katanagatari? That's a show I'd have on my bucket-lists if animes to watch.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Mordaedil posted:

Man, that sucks.

Have either of you seen Katanagatari? That's a show I'd have on my bucket-lists if animes to watch.

The last episode might be a problem if blurry fights are a problem, and maybe some of the Maniwani stuff, but I think this is a pretty good recommendation.

Hippopo
Apr 2, 2017

*sigh*

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

When's Super Eyepatch Wolf making his MHA video, that's the only one I care about

It's too Shonen for him :(

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Hippopo posted:

It's too Shonen for him :(

Dude loves the shonen genre and made videos on why he loves Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter X Hunter, and One Piece, I don't believe that for a second

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah like he really loves dragon ball and that's the very core of shonen

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Broke: Super Eyepatch Wolf presents Why you should watch My Hero Academia

Woke: HBomberguys Serious Lore Analysis of My Hero Academia

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So, is Super Eyepatch Wolf like, a Polygon review? Like how you should interpret everything Poly "we're not bad at vidya games you're bad at vidya games" Gon says as the exact opposite?

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

He's just some Irish dude that posts really in depth videos discussing different anime series. They tend to be pretty good and he's done a fair few for popular shonen series, so it seems weird he wouldn't want to do MHA.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Eyepatch Wolf has covered MHA briefly in some of his other videos, so I'd say it's a only matter of time before he makes a dedicated video on it. Though he seems to be focusing on less mainstream stuff like Made in Abyss, Paranoia Agent, and Kaiji, so maybe he feels it doesn't need one?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Neo_Crimson posted:

Eyepatch Wolf has covered MHA briefly in some of his other videos, so I'd say it's a only matter of time before he makes a dedicated video on it. Though he seems to be focusing on less mainstream stuff like Made in Abyss, Paranoia Agent, and Kaiji, so maybe he feels it doesn't need one?
Makes sense, honestly. There's nothing he could say that hasn't already been said a dozen times.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Broke: Super Eyepatch Wolf presents Why you should watch My Hero Academia

Woke: HBomberguys Serious Lore Analysis of My Hero Academia

I would watch that

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/shoryukendotcom/status/934890018853748737

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Dragon Ball Fighterz, but with MHA characters.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'd rather not have another 3v3 game, just make something like Xrd

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd rather not have a fighting game at all but that's the most likely thing I guess

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd rather not have a fighting game at all but that's the most likely thing I guess

:smugbird:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I couldn't tell what that emote was supposed to be until I moused over it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's my favorite

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
It'll be a dating sim.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Rhonne posted:

It'll be a dating sim.

I misread that as "I'll be a dating sim."

Which is much funnier.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rhonne posted:

Ultimate Ninja Storm, but with MHA characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
I'm hoping for a MHA-themed VR version of Ninja Warrior.