Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Outside of a shitload of Looney Tunes shorts, mine are Australian films - The Sentimental Bloke from 1921 (which is really, really, really good you guys) with 53 watchers and Backroads (Philip Noyce's feature debut) with 45 watchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

7 people have seen 1871, a film from 1991 about the Paris Commune that is actually really good.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

I, Butthole posted:

Outside of a shitload of Looney Tunes shorts, mine are Australian films - The Sentimental Bloke from 1921 (which is really, really, really good you guys) with 53 watchers and Backroads (Philip Noyce's feature debut) with 45 watchers.

I'm always at odds if I should be adding Looney Tunes stuff. It'd increase my watched number a ton but they aren't "movies" per se? :shrug:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like how letterboxd is open to everyone having their own rules about how to log.

Personally...

Nothing below a 4 gets a 'like' star, despite how tempting it can be sometimes. 'The Room' gets a pass with * and a like.

I don't log anything that isn't a movie, so no standup specials or wrestling PPVs.

I don't diary anything I've seen before, despite the Rewatch function existing. I'm tempted to start using that though.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Irritated Goat posted:

I'm always at odds if I should be adding Looney Tunes stuff. It'd increase my watched number a ton but they aren't "movies" per se? :shrug:
They're short films so why not log them?

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Irritated Goat posted:

Eh, I've logged Don Hertzfeldt stuff and a bunch of early American surrealism films from a Flicker Alley boxset, as well as Jacques Tati shorts so I may as well? It also lets me track the collection contents through lists, which is my own thing because the cases for the Looney Tunes packs don't have indexes for what's on there that are easily accessible, so it's either that or a Wikipedia list.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tonight I'll go from Zombie 90 that had 111 watches, to Rewind4ever which has 8. Gotta love low budget, ultra niche documentaries.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I went and followed most of y'all. I'm
https://letterboxd.com/graventy/

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I'm one of 33 people to have seen Robin Hardy's The Fantasist. :c00l:

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Lester Shy posted:

Discounting shorts, documentaries, and MST3K movies, my least popular film is How Tasty Was My Little Frenchman, a Tupi language black comedy about cannibalism in 16th century Brazil from 1971, with 314 viewers.

This is a good movie.

edit: My least popular movie is the film Hacks (1997) which I am the only person to rank. It's good though and y'all should seek it out.

TrixRabbi fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Sep 8, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is there any way to log a rewatch of a film you've already rated without overwriting the rating?
I watched the original theatrical version of Blade Runner for the first time, so you can imagine my quandary. Logging this watch with no score would be fine, but since I've rated it before, I can't seem to do that.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Teenage Fansub posted:

Is there any way to log a rewatch of a film you've already rated without overwriting the rating?
I watched the original theatrical version of Blade Runner for the first time, so you can imagine my quandary. Logging this watch with no score would be fine, but since I've rated it before, I can't seem to do that.

I don't think there's an actual way, but you could log it as a review and note the differences in ratings/cuts there?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That version doesn't deserve a five star liked diary entry, even if it's explained away!

Anyway, I found a solution in adjusting the rating for the logging, then bringing the old score back with the box on the right hand side of the film's page.
Still, the option to leave a rewatch blank should be there.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I'm more inclined to like movies (and in turn, over rate) than most, but...

https://letterboxd.com/blastorama/

New pals?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I use Criticker as my primary movie rating website, but I do like Letterboxd quite a bit. My ratings are pretty incomplete, but I'm trying to go back and cover all the "important" films I haven't rated yet.

https://letterboxd.com/DesertPunk/

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

Followed a few more of you here.

Playing along with this least-viewed movie, mine happens to be Five Aces - a '99 bachelor party film with Charlie Sheen & Shooter McGavin that is nothing like what you'd hope or expect it would be. Only 16 other people have apparently watched it.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Here's mine: https://letterboxd.com/fancymike/. I used to have a Criticker with detailed ratings, but eventually felt that deciding the difference between an 82 or 83 was too much. Now it's all 1-5, no half stars and I prefer the simplicity. With a couple 1/2 because you can't give a zero.

My least views is Kung Fu Chefs with 56. It's not good, but at least it has Sammo Hung.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
My least popular is House of Frankenstein: 1997 with 28 people having ranked the film. This was a made for TV movie that I'm sure most people have forgotten.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Is there an easy way to see all the times I've logged a movie? I've got a couple that I've done rewatches on that I'd like to see the exact spacing on

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

jivjov posted:

Is there an easy way to see all the times I've logged a movie? I've got a couple that I've done rewatches on that I'd like to see the exact spacing on

Go to the film page, click the green eye that says "Logged" underneath it

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Allyn posted:

Go to the film page, click the green eye that says "Logged" underneath it

Oh beautiful. That's exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Spatulater bro! posted:

What are the most obscure movies you've rated on Letterboxd? Go to your films and sort by popularity.

Creature from the Lake - a short animated film I posted in the GenChat, logged by 4 people (including K. Waste)

I'm a Monster - another short animated film I posted in GenChat, logged by 3 people (including K. Waste)

Land of Lost Jewels - a (unintentionally) surreal animated short from 1950, logged by 10 people (including K. Waste)

Hell Week - a horror short film about college hazing I watched for a show I wrote for, logged by 6 people

The Transmission - another horror short film, but much weirder. I posted this in the GenChat for Halloween, and I hope more people watch it

Trump Rally - a short documentary from the guy that directed American Juggalo, logged by 23 people, including K. Waste, another important one I want more people to watch

and of course Noah - a made for TV family film from '98 retelling the Biblical story, with Tony Danza as the titular role, seen by 35 people.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
My entire bottom row is not very surprising. 6 different random tokusatsu films, a documentary about high school baseball in Japan, a documentary about Russian cosmonauts, a Filipino Batman comedy, and an anime film.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I remember someone involved with Trump Rally got a shoutout on a random /Film episode. Maybe I'll check it out now.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Logged most of my physical collection, goddamn do I own a lot of unwatched movies.

https://letterboxd.com/juanington/

Also, count me in on not only having seen Dr. Mordrid, but I also own a copy on dvd (it came in a Full Moon Video box set, but I saw it originally on vhs from my local rental store back in the day).

https://letterboxd.com/juanington/list/home-video/

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 25, 2017

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I gotta get more daily writing in so I've brought my 100 words and under review skills to Letterboxd.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I keep forgetting I signed up for this, I'll start reviewing stuff eventually.

https://letterboxd.com/synthicide/

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I vow not to add any film unless i'm going to do a review (one hundred words max).

https://letterboxd.com/WOODOO/

I will add cool people only to my Letterboxd.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I just followed both of ya.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Also, it's making me irrationally angry that the stupid YouTube video "how New Line Cinema ruined the Friday the 13th series" is listed on Letterboxd, like a bunch of stills stolen from the internet with some mouth breathers heavy breathing hot takes is supposed to be considered a documentary, or that Paramount was doing such a loving stellar job with the series before New Line got a hold of the IP.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I just followed both of ya.

https://twitter.com/KattWillFerrell/status/704067381216342016

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ruddiger posted:

Also, it's making me irrationally angry that the stupid YouTube video "how New Line Cinema ruined the Friday the 13th series" is listed on Letterboxd, like a bunch of stills stolen from the internet with some mouth breathers heavy breathing hot takes is supposed to be considered a documentary, or that Paramount was doing such a loving stellar job with the series before New Line got a hold of the IP.

Well there are a shitload of 9/11 truth videos with about the same production values up there.

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

oh hey I never noticed this thread

https://letterboxd.com/nroo/

I have zero confidence in my film writing capabilities but I'm hoping to change that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

He follows back

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

EL BROMANCE posted:

He follows back

But the question is do you?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been using the android app for a few weeks now (no idea when in the last couple months it was released) and it's pretty good. Won't replace the full site for serious browsing but it's convenient and very fast.

Ps followed all the new people, welcome

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

But the question is do you?

I follow back

(Usually after a few weeks when I remember to check that part of the site).

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Hey I need to start writing more about movies so here's my letterboxd

https://letterboxd.com/gonsmithe

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I don't know how y'all commit to writing reviews on Letterboxd, I don't even do ratings, I just say whether I liked that poo poo and move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

K. Waste posted:

I don't know how y'all commit to writing reviews on Letterboxd, I don't even do ratings, I just say whether I liked that poo poo and move on.

I get the mid-semester need to write a big block of bullshit occasionally, but I'm only really writing stuff if it's something I can use to push myself to research a bit deeper or if I can think of something moderately funny-ish to say.

I stopped rating shorts like the Looney Tunes I'm watching and logging though.