Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Following the Four Corners investigation into mismanagement of Murray-Darling water, South Australia's doing a state royal commission

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-26/sa-to-launch-royal-commission-into-river-murray-theft/9194368

quote:

Allegations of water theft upstream in the Murray-Darling Basin (MDB) have prompted South Australian Premier Jay Weatherill to launch a state royal commission to identify any perpetrators.
New South Wales and Queensland were yesterday slapped with a scathing assessment of compliance with the MDB Plan, after a review found poor levels of enforcement.
The review also found a lack of transparency surrounding the states' water management, along with Victoria's.
Mr Weatherill said the report did not go far enough and announced a royal commission.
"The review that was handed down did not go into detailed findings of who committed water theft and who behaved inappropriately in relation to the river," he said.
"There have been no specific findings in relation to individuals or groups of individuals."
When asked whether a state royal commission could force bureaucrats from interstate to give evidence, Mr Weatherill said the royal commissioner would be given the powers of compulsion.
"And they will have no choice but to come forward," he said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bandaid.friend posted:

Following the Four Corners investigation into mismanagement of Murray-Darling water, South Australia's doing a state royal commission

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-26/sa-to-launch-royal-commission-into-river-murray-theft/9194368

:getin:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Severing posted:

This whole situation is a loving disgrace and the PM's attitude here is inhumane.

Also https://twitter.com/LittleBertie01/status/934642355457552385 just more shifting the numbers by the LNP.

Stop the (reporting of) boats

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Prime Scrunt

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

"Sometimes when a boat arrives, it actually doesn't." I can't believe I forgot that gem of distilled bullshit. :allears:

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

"Sometimes we just lie. What of it?"

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
There's an old Frank Caliendo joke, praising Clinton's ability to lie, his ability to stand in a crowded room and say 'I am not here' and have it be convincing.

Turns out everyone else is also trying it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnztBEGRKwg

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

If there's one thing I want to kill Howard for, it's introducing 'very, very' to political discourse.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

I enjoyed the video that comes after https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25XB9BUH9rA

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Severing posted:

The Courier Mail is a shithole paywalled website but they do have a pretty cool interactive map of the election results if you navigate around it.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/state-election-2017

Ironically ublock origin disables the paywall :v: I see the glorious LNP infighting has begun:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Newman: "They should have talked up my legacy"

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Newman: "They should have talked up my legacy"

Should have built a giant statue of him in Brisbane. The water feature could be Newman pissing into his own mouth.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

DancingShade posted:

Should have built a giant statue of him in Brisbane. The water feature could be Newman pissing into his own mouth.

I will never understand the rules of rugby

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

VivaLa Eeveelution posted:

"Sometimes when a boat arrives, it actually doesn't." I can't believe I forgot that gem of distilled bullshit. :allears:

Remember when we removed all of Australia from the migration zone?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zenithe posted:

Remember when we removed all of Australia from the migration zone?

Surprised they didn't take that to its logical conclusion and make the sole Australian migration zone five square kilometers of our Antarctic claim. Inland of course.

There should be a single unmanned tent with a sign saying "Welcome Area". Every year or two a snowplow drives over to bury the bodies and they move the tent a few meters.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

ewe2 posted:

Ironically ublock origin disables the paywall :v: I see the glorious LNP infighting has begun:

Oh yeah, it began last night during the election coverage on TV. Once this is all nailed down it's only going to get worse.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0pZjy4vSkU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Where did PHON get the cash for this campaign anyway? All the Greens ones I've done have been letter drops and maybe a corflute in a good year. These guys had the bus and buckets of posters and poo poo, it's amazing. Did Channel 7 pay for it?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Their candidates pay a heap to Ashby the party.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
local candidate refinanced her house to pay.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

Lol which one?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Liberals need to make a federal election deal with One Nation

Andrew Bolt, Herald Sun

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

:sad:

Anidav posted:

Liberals need to make a federal election deal with One Nation

Andrew Bolt, Herald Sun

If Queensland is anything to go off then yes, absolutely. After all it's worked well so far.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

There's no way Bolt isn't an accelerationist with this hot take.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

ewe2 posted:

There's no way Bolt isn't an accelerationist with this hot take.

The article is a mess, he can't decide whether the Coalition should do a formal deal or repeat Howard's shift to the right and decides to argue for both.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Lol which one?

PHON candidate for lytton. she just wanted to advocate for better funded domestic violence services :negative:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
where is newspoll i need newspoll

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

thatbastardken posted:

PHON candidate for lytton. she just wanted to advocate for better funded domestic violence services :negative:

Yet it's it Pauline's platform to rip money out of the Family Court system because she believes what the MRAs tell her?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Lesson one: The fault lies mainly with the Queensland LNP, for a start. The campaign went from LNP leader Tim Nicholls playing nice to at the end repeatedly calling the Premier a liar. Nicholls also dithered and dodged over whether he'd make a deal with One Nation, when the answer was plainly yes. He looks overweight, too, to be frank, and the overally effect was not a projection of strength and decisiveness.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Lesson one: The fault lies mainly with the Queensland LNP, for a start. The campaign went from LNP leader Tim Nicholls playing nice to at the end repeatedly calling the Premier a liar. Nicholls also dithered and dodged over whether he'd make a deal with One Nation, when the answer was plainly yes. He looks overweight, too, to be frank, and the overally effect was not a projection of strength and decisiveness.

Tim Nicholls: Make sure you vote for One err LNP!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Pauline says they are on track to win 4 to 6 seats lolz.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
They did the same poo poo in WA. Ranking party members and candidates were tweeting about election results that just weren't there.

These people are loving insane.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

thatbastardken posted:

surely this counts as a pyramid scheme?

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
the silent majority finding out its just a very loud and stupid minority

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Don Dongington posted:

They did the same poo poo in WA. Ranking party members and candidates were tweeting about election results that just weren't there.

These people are loving insane.

There was a great report on 4 Corners (I think) after the WA Election about all the poo poo they put their candidates through. Several dropped out before election day. Each one had James Ashby on their shitlist.

EDIT: Also featured Pauline Hanson being chauffeured by Matthias Corman and Michaelia Cash away from a meeting with longtime PHON supporters to a secret meeting to seal the preference deal

Brown Paper Bag fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Nov 26, 2017

• Locked thread