Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Pauline says they are on track to win 4 to 6 seats lolz.

She must have hit that bottle of Rum hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

thatbastardken posted:

PHON candidate for lytton. she just wanted to advocate for better funded domestic violence services :negative:

Yeah a lot of the PHON lower house candidates in WA were single-issue types, often pushing issues which had next to nothing to do with the PHON agenda. The true believers had the no.1 spots in the upper house regions.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

oh gently caress, I just remembered that tomorrow Labor+Greens+Katter are going to show up to the House of Reps, with it's doors locked.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

She must have hit that bottle of Rum hard

I believe you mean Bundaberg Black Rum™

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Imagine what a Queensland house / parliament elected by STV would have looked like.

Focusing on the 2PP figures obscures the fact that One Nation ran second in about a dozen seats, and that the combined primary vote of the major parties was at near historic lows. One Nation might implode (just as they did before, and just as PUP did) but the voters that drift back to the major parties will leave again just as quickly. PHON might go away but the underlying issue won't.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Imagine if there were alternative 3rd parties that weren't either hard right loonies or watermelon hippies (like me).

I feel like there's room for the democrats to rise again,

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pauline says they are on track to win 4 to 6 seats lolz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5YG5f38MPo

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Don Dongington posted:

Imagine if there were alternative 3rd parties that weren't either hard right loonies or watermelon hippies (like me).

Xenophon's group kinda sorta fills that niche doesn't it? At least regionally.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Can someone please repost that Vince McMahon gif with all the states turning red?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Xenophon group are just the liberals, before they decided to join the Republicans in a race to the bottom.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Don Dongington posted:

You mean the party that really wanted to be center-right but which only ever really found traction when it was dragged kicking and screaming to the left, and was thusly about as stable as Alex Jones?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Don Dongington posted:

Xenophon group are just the liberals, before they decided to join the Republicans in a race to the bottom.

So yes the Democrats?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Don Dongington posted:

Don Chipp was a Liberal Minister before becoming leader of the Dems too.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
It's a shame they're probably going to implode federally without Nick in the senate. South Australia may never see a liberal govt again though.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

You Am I posted:

Yet it's it Pauline's platform to rip money out of the Family Court system because she believes what the MRAs tell her?

I know, I know. she reckons she's probably going to run as an independent in future elections, too much 'baggage' around PHON

Knobb Manwich posted:

surely this counts as a pyramid scheme?

hell if i know. deeply unethical either way.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Don Dongington posted:

It's a shame they're probably going to implode federally without Nick in the senate. South Australia may never see a liberal govt again though.

Don't jinx it, there's still 5 months to go, and one manipulated incident at the new hospital or blackout over summer after the batteries and generator have been installed could tip it, especially with the redistribution rules the Libs wrote into the state constitution in the 80s because they could basically never win enough urban seats to form government on their own merit.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Nov 26, 2017

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

thatbastardken posted:

I know, I know. she reckons she's probably going to run as an independent in future elections, too much 'baggage' around PHON

Please tell me that PHON can keep the name and she'll end up as Pauline Hanson (independent) running against a Pauline Hanson's One Nation candidate.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Hi folks, been out of the country for a month and a bit. Not been following the news here, what's been... I see...

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

MikeJF posted:

Please tell me that PHON can keep the name and she'll end up as Pauline Hanson (independent) running against a Pauline Hanson's One Nation candidate.

i was talking about the local candidate, not hanson.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

:whitewater: :whitewater: :whitewater: :whitewater: :whitewater:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Wow great news. I love oranges, so delicious.

Also seems we can add Channel 9 to the list of companies we'll be turning over in our Mad Max outfits. Know where your beaten up leather jackets are folks.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Blood Orange aint no real Orange IMO

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Someone was telling me this a few weeks ago over drinks. What a piece of poo poo.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

thatbastardken posted:

i was talking about the local candidate, not hanson.

drat.

'cos it totally sounded like something Pauline was mad enough to do.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5115847/Woman-burqa-votes-Queensland-state-election.html?ito=social-twitter_DailyMailAU

The most daily mail of articles.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Blood Orange aint no real Orange IMO

https://csiropedia.csiro.au/limes/

A good use of our tax dollars lol like the luddites give them tax money anymore from a good government organisation

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
On one occasion, while the pair was working at the radio station, Burke insisted she watch a video. To her horror it was a video showing a woman having sex with a donkey.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...126-gzt6d2.html

Choice quote :

quote:

However, in a written response, Burke angrily denied comparisons to Weinstein. "I loathe the reported behaviour of Mr Weinstein and hope that the legal system deals with him in such a way as to prevent this happening again.

"The bitter irony is that I have had a life-long opposition to sexism and misogyny. Burke's Backyard was a lone bastion of anti-misogyny since its inception in 1987," said Burke.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
On one occasion, while the pair was working at the radio station, Burke insisted she watch a video. To her horror it was a video showing a woman having sex with a donkey.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

That can't be true, Tijuana donkey shows are just an urban legend

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
On her first overseas trip as a reporter, Burke turned to her and said that if everything did not go smoothly, "I'm going to rip your f---ing head off and poo poo down your throat".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjlFGQAbh9M

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
One former crew member recalled Burke spotting a group of schoolgirls, aged around 14, holding a puppy.

"He stopped and chatted to them and said, 'Do you want me to show you how to hold the puppy properly?"'

Because it was the legendary Don Burke, one of the girls said, "Yeah, that'd be great."

"He showed them how to nurse it close to their chest, keep it nice and warm," the crew member recalled. "When they walked away he exclaimed: 'Give me three!'

"I said, 'three what?' He boasted that he had stroked her nipple three times while showing her how to hold the puppy," said the crew member.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
There's a hell of lot of people quoted in that article.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

One former crew member recalled Burke spotting a group of schoolgirls, aged around 14, holding a puppy.

"He stopped and chatted to them and said, 'Do you want me to show you how to hold the puppy properly?"'

Because it was the legendary Don Burke, one of the girls said, "Yeah, that'd be great."

"He showed them how to nurse it close to their chest, keep it nice and warm," the crew member recalled. "When they walked away he exclaimed: 'Give me three!'

"I said, 'three what?' He boasted that he had stroked her nipple three times while showing her how to hold the puppy," said the crew member.

:gonk:

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

https://csiropedia.csiro.au/limes/

A good use of our tax dollars lol like the luddites give them tax money anymore from a good government organisation

That's really cool. I've been seeing finger lime varieties a lot more recently in restaurants etc. Those indigenous food brands that are available in supermarkets do great stuff

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Comstar posted:

There's a hell of lot of people quoted in that article.

The quotes from David Leckie and Sam Chisholm are interesting. They must have been expecting these enquires for a long time. There's no way in hell that people did not make complaints to them when they were running channel 9

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Those almost read like the old Bert is evil jokes

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
daily mail says he is lawyering up, not sure how this will go

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Good god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Did she have to take off her Burka in order to vote?

• Locked thread