Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
If Tennessee hires Schiano, I’ll be moving on to a new team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It's gonna be Mullen

http://footballscoop.com/news/update-florida-sunday-november-26/

quote:

In the days following their meeting in New Hampshire with Chip Kelly, Florida AD Scott Stricklin went silent. Option 1, he knew, was off the table and he had to ensure he had quality options 2 and 3.

All along, Stricklin has felt Dan Mullen was a viable option. From their time at Mississippi State, Stricklin knew what he would be getting should he choose to offer the position to Mullen. However, Stricklin felt the need to investigate other names first.

Multiple sources tell FootballScoop Florida went strong on Scott Frost…with several sources over the past few days telling FootballScoop Florida officials felt, despite Frost’s obvious connections to Nebraska, that they would wind up securing Frost as their next head coach. While that still might happen, a source told FootballScoop last night, Tom Osborne called Frost yesterday and told him it was time to come home. We were told Frost understood the message.

There is also a camp at Florida who feels Charlie Strong should be hired. We are told Stricklin continues to want to go the offensive minded coach route.

As of this morning, word is circling in the coaching circles Florida might be ready to go in on Dan Mullen, who just the other night said he planned to stay at Mississippi State. An offer from Florida might just change those plans.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/934841312397938688

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

quote:

a source told FootballScoop last night, Tom Osborne called Frost yesterday and told him it was time to come home. We were told Frost understood the message.

Yep, that's what did it, good job Dr. Tom

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I can’t see Manning signing off http://www.businessinsider.com/peyton-manning-cursed-out-greg-schiano-2013-10

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
I mean, FB Scoop usually does good work, but what the hell is that

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

Imagine Gruden trying to teach Jarrett Guarantano his infamously confusing playbook lol. Not that hard to imagine

hey man, not everybody can be as smart as jim bob cooter

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo Schiano? Really? That’s the priority? God help this loving admin if he is the hire.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Holy poo poo Schiano? Really? That’s the priority? God help this loving admin if he is the hire.

I mean, y'all just employed Dime Store Schiano, might as well go for the real thing

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Currie has said several times he wants a High character guy. If Schiano is the guy I’ll be blown away.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

Currie has said several times he wants a High character guy. If Schiano is the guy I’ll be blown away.

Considering Schiano is the antithesis of dignified, it would come off as a really absent minded decision to me. It’ll be pretty embarrassing. How the gently caress did Schiano’s name come up again? Out of thin air?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Mullen is far better for Florida since he's already used to SEC pressure bullshit

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the only thing that sticks in my mind about sumlin is how badly he hosed up his qb situation in 2015, and it feels like asu is heading straight into that same situation in 2 years. we've got 6 qbs on the roster

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/934854366108028928

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
yall were wondering how to destroy a historic program? well, Tennessee is showing you how

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Lol oh my loving god. Someone please talk me off the ledge

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Holy poo poo it's actually happening :laffo:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
It’s amazing what Schiano has been able to leverage from one great season at Rutgers

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
HOLY poo poo I CANT STOP YES YES YES

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/934854366108028928

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

the funniest thing would be him winning a title at Tenn, effectively showing that Rutgers is and always will be garbage.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jesus Christ Tennessee

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Who is Dan Wolken? I’ve never heard of him before today.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

He is pretty legit. Coming from him I think we got a new coach.

Can I get a true take on the Penn State stuff?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lol oh my loving god. Someone please talk me off the ledge

Let’s hold hands and jump together

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

National guy for USA Today, so I'd imagine he's getting this from Schiano's people.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

nate fisher posted:

He is pretty legit. Coming from him I think we got a new coach.

Can I get a true take on the Penn State stuff?

Schiano literally saw Sandusky raping a boy in the shower and said nothing. That is God’s honest truth.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I don’t even care who we hire anymore, this makes up for it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Tennessee's left hand is holding a gun to its head, threatening to shoot itself.

Tennessee's right hand is holding a gun to its head, threatening to shoot the bad guy with the gun.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
:laugh:

https://twitter.com/Billando/status/934813518649475074

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It's not like Schiano is gonna be worse than Butch or Dooley.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Real Name Grover posted:

Yep, that's what did it, good job Dr. Tom

Seriously such a weird quote.

also lol Tennessee go home you're drunk

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

This is what Tennessee aspires to, yes.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
This would be a hilariously underwhelming hire

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

It’s less about that. I think he’s got the ability to be a good college coach.

He’s a HUGE piece of poo poo and I saw that when he was HC of the Bucs before the Sandusky stuff came out and that just cemented it.

I’m surprised Peyton signed off on it. He was really vocal about not liking Schiano when he was with the Bucs for him ordering players to tackle low/go after the ball on victory formations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lol that Tennessee fans were like “Peterson might come here, there’s interest there,” when they were getting Schiano all along.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Lol that Tennessee fans were like “Peterson Gruden might come here, there’s interest there,” when they were getting Schiano all along.

Fixed.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

I guess it could be worse, they could've ended up with ... *looks up list of Tampa Bay head coaches* ... Raheem Morris

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

I don't want that to be true, but that seems like a fair assessment at this point.

I do find everyone's turn around (including my own) funny.

Graham is awful! Fire Graham! Todd Graham is the worst!

What? They fired Graham?

That was dumb, why would ASU do that? Who do they think they are?

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

LeeMajors posted:

Counterpoint: While not awful, UF was uniformly mediocre for 90% of its history before 1984 or so. And most of that 80s success was wiped out by cheating.

While there are many built-in advantages, success is certainly not guaranteed in Gainesville.

Success is guaranteed nowhere, those old stats are basically irrelevant in the modern era with cable tv and integration and the forward pass, what matters is conference affiliation, brand recognition, talent in a 300-500 mile radius, money. UF is one of the tougher top jobs though because they have a ton of rivals with a similar level of recruiting and resources.

an adult beverage posted:

I want Frost but Mullen would be fine. The consistency he's had at Mississippi State has been amazing considering its the worst job in the division and arguably the second or third worst job in the conference.

Yea I think Mullen would be a safe hire,

nachos posted:

Sucks about frost but if he’s set on Nebraska there’s not much Florida can do. Mullen will do a fine job if he’s indeed the guy.

I think it's cool to have all these alumni going back to fix their programs. Harbaugh, Richt, Frost, Chad Morris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

corn on the cop posted:

It’s amazing what Schiano has been able to leverage from one great season at Rutgers

Because Rutgers is that bad that having a season like he had there makes you a miracle worker.

• Locked thread