Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I think the cheapest way to reduce lag would have been to ditch SBMM and make it prioritize connection no matter what, but that probably went against someone's vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I hear the game is good now c/d

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Emron posted:

What if the switch to 4v4 crucible has nothing to do with balance but was just the cheapest way to reduce lag

then they sure failed at it laffo

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Calaveron posted:

I hear the game is good now c/d

I enjoy cru cru with my bros

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
I got into Destiny 1 late, like after everything had come out and been patched. Bought the whole bundle including everything for like 30 bucks on some Xbox sale, and had a really great time.

So I probably lack some perspective as to how D1 was when it first came out (I heard bad word of mouth mostly) but these issues with Destiny 2 are really giving me a hard time. There's no way Halo 1-3 and Reach were just "flukes" and it was apparent to me that Bungie really knew it's poo poo for a long time. So what the gently caress happened here?

It boggles my mind how they could make these bizarre design choices and seem so utterly out-of-touch with what their fans actually want. It's approaching DOES NOT COMPUTE levels for me at this point. It's like politics maybe, where they have to just own their bad choices in public and put on a brave face, but at least privately, internally, they've got to be making GBS threads themselves right?

There's no way they could look at the dwindling player numbers, the total lack of engagement from the e-sports and Twitch communities, and think things are going great, right? Sometimes I wonder how these people even have jobs at these huge companies. Am I being naive? Just seems like if I got a job at Bungie, and was put in charge of a bunch of design poo poo and then it turned out all my decisions backfired and made the fans hate the game I'd been put in charge of..... wouldn't I be fired?

What the gently caress is going on haha

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The endgame is friendship and none of us have friends

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

AwkwardKnob posted:

There's no way Halo 1-3 and Reach were just "flukes" and it was apparent to me that Bungie really knew it's poo poo for a long time. So what the gently caress happened here?

Companies are not monoliths, talent moves on or gets fired, etc

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

D1 is still fun and owns

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

ElNarez posted:

4v4 isn't the problem, high cooldowns and the high ttk are why PvP is so goddamn boring.

I never played D1 or CS or most shooters and I like the ttk.

I want dynamic encounters and chases and a chance to duck around a corner for help, not "Oh-Bang-Dead", regardless of whether I am winning or losing.

Frankly, with Antiope or Last Word the ttk is also crazy short, anyhow.

Perhaps ironically, I also want stronger/more powers and wilder exotics and more supers, to add variety.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 26, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Small. Indie. Studio.

:D

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Remember the hype for Lost Sectors lmao

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bungo, noted good game maker (previously) with tons of experience, cannot fix things because it's too hard. Yes that makes sense. It's totally not ego that hosed poo poo up, and continues to.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

AwkwardKnob posted:

I wonder how these people even have jobs at these huge companies. Am I being naive?
So long as good or service X gets created to specification, incompetency is condoned and fostered to a considerable extent. From the small storefront with the idiot clerk, to large companies packed with mongoloid brained twats, business needs funnels and governors to keep things running smoothly, at pace, with everyone falling in line. When people speak of being told they are over-qualified for a job, this is what is happening.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

If we went back to 6v6 pvp without carefully adjusting everything else it might result in a bad pvp experience......:nallears:

:lol:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Legs Benedict posted:

Companies are not monoliths, talent moves on or gets fired, etc
Just look at the current favorite dead horse, EA. Their entire corporate strategy is buying up studios and basically milking all the talent until they leave, give them minor / lovely / unrelated projects, then shuttering them when it goes tits up. Bioware is probably going to follow Visceral down the pan at some point, and Respawn will likely get a few years before they get flushed too.

Also, was anyone honestly surprised they had a XP nerfing mechanic? Just by the sheer time it takes to earn Bright Engrams it's a bit of a no-brainer. Some sessions I couldn't get enough of the things, and others, I was more surprised to get one.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I secretly knew they were going to be poo poo.

The only thing i didn't predict was bungie painting their locations on the map. That was unexpected and dumb, given their name haha

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

still don’t entirely understand how this happened, since all remember is steve cotton talking about them briefly in an interview, but somehow the hype for them was huge

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

They ended up being so underwhelming, just like the Adventures.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

AwkwardKnob posted:

There's no way they could look at the dwindling player numbers, the total lack of engagement from the e-sports and Twitch communities, and think things are going great, right? Sometimes I wonder how these people even have jobs at these huge companies. Am I being naive? Just seems like if I got a job at Bungie, and was put in charge of a bunch of design poo poo and then it turned out all my decisions backfired and made the fans hate the game I'd been put in charge of..... wouldn't I be fired?

What the gently caress is going on haha

Crucible team member: We've been hemorrhaging players like crazy, the community is complaining about the changes you insisted we make and our Twitch influencers are playing Fortnite. I really think we should give people what they want and revert some of the more unpopular changes to the game.

Lars Bakken: But that doesn't fit my vision.

Crucible team member: The game is dying, Lars.

Lars Bakken: gently caress you. I made Halo.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Halo was Straight up shooter lars you gently caress

This is space magic

Goddamn, these people are alive, they breed

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Apparently written by someone who works at bungie.

https://i.imgur.com/BVsV5pG.jpg

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

CheeseFactory posted:

I know its all cool to hate on D2 at the moment and i get it....but thats kinda reaching a bit.

HR all go home at 4, well gently caress me no wonder the game is in a state.

I get why people are annoyed at the game but theres a fine line between constructive criticism and being a whiney bitch

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

hitchensgoespop posted:

I know its all cool to hate on D2 at the moment and i get it....but thats kinda reaching a bit.

HR all go home at 4, well gently caress me no wonder the game is in a state.

I get why people are annoyed at the game but theres a fine line between constructive criticism and being a whiney bitch

Yeah i didn't read the whole thing im juat passing on what seemed to be a popular discussion point on the forums atm.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is that available in readable form?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Also some nerds did some testing on the new xp cooldown stuff.

They think the cooldown is completely removed by the xp gains have been halfed overall.

I have not tested this so cant confirm. But people are starting to go crazy about it again lol.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

haveblue posted:

Not that i could see. Its just a loving picture haha

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Every single employer in the world has an employee who would tell you how poo poo it was to work there for reasons..its means nothing.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Guy who works in tech complaining that everybody else is a snowflake. hm.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

hitchensgoespop posted:

Every single employer in the world has an employee who would tell you how poo poo it was to work there for reasons..its means nothing.

No you

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

If you get the IB auto and put on extentend mag and use the war rig it reloads 6 bullets at a time and its pretty cool

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

CheeseFactory posted:

If you get the IB auto and put on extentend mag and use the war rig it reloads 6 bullets at a time and its pretty cool

But that requires me to boot the game up, and that isn't a commitment I don't think I can make right now.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

haveblue posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7fmpoy/a_shell_of_former_glory_and_one_of_the_last_great/

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Those glassdoor reviews can be made by anybody with absolutely no proof.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/934945967194779648

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

gently caress dude I really miss Reach

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

CheeseFactory posted:

A company
has bad management?!?

:aaaaa:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I believe it as more than bitching considering how the working class is treated here in the states

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

CheeseFactory posted:

e: Ehhh. Nevermind, not that.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 27, 2017

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

PathAsc posted:

Details being: silver can now be bought in packages priced at $100 and $500! Sparrows in this season have a chance to roll a perk that allows you to reroll weapons! Pvp now on a flat surface with one rectangle for cover at each of the two spawn points, no heavy, no elemental, just kinetic low impact low fire rate pulses.

Is there a 5 hundred dollar item to buy? I never checked out all of the things. I'm guessing that is a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

swims posted:

Is there a 5 hundred dollar item to buy? I never checked out all of the things. I'm guessing that is a joke

You guessed it!

But seriously though it's a slippery slope. Doubling down on lame pay to win poo poo while making pvp more brain dead. I really hope it goes in the opposite direction though. I miss D1