Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Probably Magic posted:

To see Eddie George run us over in the conference championship round was one thing. To see him do so when it was clear that his team was over-depending on him was another. What really made me salty, and boy howdy was I full of salt , was the simple fact that he compared himself to Superman. How he kept wearing Superman shirts and also how his home field played the John Williams theme. This became nerd rage, and I wanted to see Batman beat Superman. Mark Brunnell wasn't Batman and going into this game I was hoping Kurt Warner would be. It turned out Mike Jones was the Dark Knight, as he made The Tackle the same way Batman beat Bane. This little internal narrative of mine was helped by the constant ad presence for Batman V Superman.

This, but unironically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want to believe in the Jacksonville Jaguars because I've given up on the Browns ever accomplishing anything.

I've always been a sucker for underdogs.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shinjobi posted:

I want to believe in the Jacksonville Jaguars because I've given up on the Browns ever accomplishing anything.

I've always been a sucker for underdogs.
Welcome aboard, friend.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
A maladroit dullard Jags fan: "The Jags Are The 'Stranger Things' Kids Cast Of The NFL When You Think About It"

A cool, froody, chic Titans fan: "go vols bitch wait poo poo does the nfl have a tennessee team yeah go them"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Yeah that game against the Browns was one of the uglier games of football this entire season, which is actually saying a lot

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I can't believe Watson is gone. I haven't been excited about a quarterback like that for a long time. He's an absolute loving natural, and his game is just crazy exciting. The Texans are literally ruined without him, it's sad

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Play posted:

I can't believe Watson is gone. I haven't been excited about a quarterback like that for a long time. He's an absolute loving natural, and his game is just crazy exciting. The Texans are literally ruined without him, it's sad

I had to go check and make sure he didn’t decide to just call it quits after reading this post and I thought I was going to have a heart attack man gently caress you

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Play posted:

Good. The Texans don't deserve nice things. :colbert: gently caress, who am I kidding, JJ Watt will hook him up with his HGH dealer and he'll be back better than ever.

On a serious note, I wonder how much this injury will affect his scrambling.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Nothing else was damaged apparently so in theory he should be fine

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I hope that Watson comes back better than ever and he will throw interceptions and get sacked by our defense.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

My wife wants to buy me a Jaguars jersey for Christmas but I cant decide which player to get, hrmm....

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gabbert

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

My wife wants to buy me a Jaguars jersey for Christmas but I cant decide which player to get, hrmm....

Classic: Fred Taylor
Current: Ramsey

Edit: Best comedy option is Tobin Bo Gerhart

purkey fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 24, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

purkey posted:

Classic: Fred Taylor
Since I posted my debate is between Ramsey and Ngakoue. I am leaning Ngakoue because I get the feeling he is going to be a monster down the road (not that Ramsey isnt already).

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Underrated classic should be Jimmy Smith

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Intruder posted:

Underrated classic should be Jimmy Smith

Yeah he’d be my second pick for a classic jersey

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Classic: Fred Taylor or should be in the HoF wr Jimmy Smith

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Yannick isn’t a bad choice either. Just know that no matter who you chose he’ll be out of the NFL/a Titan in a couple of years

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Probably Magic posted:

A maladroit dullard Jags fan: "The Jags Are The 'Stranger Things' Kids Cast Of The NFL When You Think About It"

A cool, froody, chic Titans fan: "go vols bitch wait poo poo does the nfl have a tennessee team yeah go them"

Enjoy your London Jaguars in the next five years

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
If you're going classic then it's gotta be Smith or Boselli.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Henne.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Marcedes Lewis.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ManMythLegend posted:

If you're going classic then it's gotta be Smith or Boselli.

Natrone Means, just for him running all over the Broncos in that one game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Randaconda posted:

Natrone Means, just for him running all over the Broncos in that one game.
And Goodell mispronouncing his name at the draft.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Enjoy your London Jaguars in the next five years

The twist being it's the Canadian one.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Marcus Mariota is probably overrated!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Whatever, still the best quarterback currently in the AFC South.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Damnit Colts, you gave me hope that you would beat the Titans. I should have known better.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Swept the Colts?

Titans yall

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Jags remembered they are the Jags.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Kirios posted:

Jags remembered they are the Jags.

SHUT the gently caress UP KIRIOS

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I'm Henne's fu man chu.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
get hosed jags

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:negative:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jags got hosed by the refs again, water wet, sky blue.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I didn’t see the jags getting screwed by refs. Blaine Gabbert put it to them (lol).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

b0ng posted:

I didn’t see the jags getting screwed by refs. Blaine Gabbert put it to them (lol).
I'm going to say something about it once because if I say anything more the forums may melt down from the collective anger of people getting upset about someone complaining about the refs. I saw one blatant DPI in the third quarter, there was a hold on Jack right in front of the ref and the Jaguars coaching staff on the Cardinals second TD drive, and the last catch before the FG should have been overturned on review because the catcher did not have full possession of the ball while he was still in-bounds...he bobbled it all the way to the ground and it was OBVIOUS on replay.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Should have let Bort carry another 6 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

that stuff happens to literally every team. don't worry about it

• Locked thread