Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

I still wont believe this until his first presser with his crazy-assed Cajun accent going nuts. I would not be surprised given the large amount of idiot former students with the cash to give him that kind of contract though. Of course, if we give him all that money and we finish lower than fourth in the West the gnashing of teeth would be glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/934892813442883585

its the most wonderful time, of the year

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

gonna go ahead and throw grudens name in the hat for when we go through this again in four years

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Mr. World posted:

I still wont believe this until his first presser with his crazy-assed Cajun accent going nuts. I would not be surprised given the large amount of idiot former students with the cash to give him that kind of contract though. Of course, if we give him all that money and we finish lower than fourth in the West the gnashing of teeth would be glorious.

Jimbo's not Cajun. He's from loving West Virginia lol

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Sent from my iPad posted:

Oh Aggy...

https://twitter.com/Mark_Schlabach/status/934887299283849216

[edit]
I'm very skeptical of this, but if true it's certainly bad news for the rest of the SECW.

People were laughing at SEC buyouts (Bert, DACOACHO) earlier this season, but this has gotta be the best one yet.

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/934835286672101377

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
oh god we're going to end up with Kubiak aren't we

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hopefully they’ll hire another guy that wants to play Texas again.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
lol, top 3 in the PAC-12 South maybe

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Godzilla07 posted:

People were laughing at SEC buyouts (Bert, DACOACHO) earlier this season, but this has gotta be the best one yet.

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/934835286672101377
holy poo poo

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Jimbo's not Cajun. He's from loving West Virginia lol

:lol: he sounds more coonass than a bunch of cajuns i went to school with so I just assumed.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
hahahaha Kubiak would be even worse than Morris

also, this is the A&M regent who is going to pay the buyout (probably)
http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a28472/texas-man-parks-sherman-tank-in-his-front-yard/

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

john currie is so hosed, its unbelievable

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Mr. World posted:

:lol: he sounds more coonass than a bunch of cajuns i went to school with so I just assumed.

he's from like the same area that rich rod and nick saban are from, like 15 miles from Morgantown -- and we're in tjhe less coonass part of WV

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Mr. World posted:

I drive by this nearly every day

Also Saban is from Fairmont, WV, which is like 15 miles north.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Holy poo poo that Todd Graham buyout. Might as well have just kept him.

Also I don't see why ASU couldn't be a top Pac-12 program: Huge school, close enough to California, no academic standards, Tempe is a fun city, etc.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
is there another gary kubiak? i do not understand why that would be a bad hire or why he would coach college

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

General Dog posted:

I drive by this nearly every day

Also Saban is from Fairmont, WV, which is like 15 miles north.

Oh right he's from Clarksburg which is still like just 10-20 minutes from here.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Blue Raider posted:

john currie is so hosed, its unbelievable

I'm curious if UT's BOV or whatever they have might use this to boot him. I'd imagine this is probably his last football hire regardless so if he maybe didn't have some fans on the BOV I wonder if UT would maybe make a move.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
It’s not going to happen, but say Aggie does go out and get Jimbo.

What does Florida State do? We just saw a comparable program in Florida go through the carousel and end up with Mullen (who will be good but likely wasn’t the first choice). Would there be anyone out there who will be available to Florida State who hasn’t been connected elsewhere? I feel like that’s a pretty sweet gig if not a crown jewel program.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Pandanaut posted:

What does Florida State do? We just saw a comparable program in Florida go through the carousel and end up with Mullen (who will be good but likely wasn’t the first choice). Would there be anyone out there who will be available to Florida State who hasn’t been connected elsewhere? I feel like that’s a pretty sweet gig if not a crown jewel program.

Spurdawg

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Im to the point I would be shocked if the hire goes through

https://twitter.com/anishespn/status/934891803257516032

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
How is this Tennessee situation even possible. Was everyone too busy jerking off to Gruden to realize schiano was a target this whole time?

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Winkie01 posted:

https://twitter.com/JasonZacharyTN/status/934881535844585472

I don't ever remember politicians weighing in on a coach hire before? hahahaha

Apart from the Roy Moore tweet already quoted, this idiot is part of the problem.

https://twitter.com/JasonZacharyTN/status/930143212907442176

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Pandanaut posted:

Would really depend. FSU is obviously a top tier job, but they haven't openly searched for a football coach since like 1976. I would guess they'd attract a lot of name from the mid-to-lower P5 ranks and anyone who's been connected to the program.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

an adult beverage posted:

Holy poo poo that Todd Graham buyout. Might as well have just kept him.

Also I don't see why ASU couldn't be a top Pac-12 program: Huge school, close enough to California, no academic standards, Tempe is a fun city, etc.

I agree and it feels like the money's finally starting to pour in after years of expansion, but he's also saying stuff like:

https://twitter.com/craigsmorgan/status/934880533967904768

and on top of a 12 million dollar buyout, what exactly is the plan here to vault us into being a top 15 team

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Crotch Bat posted:

I'm curious if UT's BOV or whatever they have might use this to boot him. I'd imagine this is probably his last football hire regardless so if he maybe didn't have some fans on the BOV I wonder if UT would maybe make a move.

Lol he’s only been AD since February.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

nachos posted:

How is this Tennessee situation even possible. Was everyone too busy jerking off to Gruden to realize schiano was a target this whole time?

Not that anybody's going to back him now, but the AD's not going to make a hire unilaterally if there's not support, or at least if there's universal strong resistance from the president/BOR/boosters/etc. Somebody's looked at this and said, "yeah, sounds alright to me." To be fair, it's not like Schiano experienced a lot of blowback when that testimony was unsealed, they probably just didn't see this coming.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 26, 2017

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
"Aggressively fair" lmao

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

nachos posted:

I think Mullen was the target, but he waited on UF to hire someone first. This was a tone deaf backup plan.

M

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

nachos posted:

Schianos name only came up in the past week or two. So if he’s always been the guy the UT front office did a bang up job of keeping a lid on it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What exactly is the incentive for Jimbo to jump ship to A&M? He can stay at FSU for pretty much as long as he wants I'd imagine and it's not like they aren't paying him.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Pandanaut posted:

Former Jimbo assistant. Has established a winning program in the SEC from nothing. Can draw from knowledge from a former national title coach.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

Schianos name only came up in the past week or two. So if he’s always been the guy the UT front office did a bang up job of keeping a lid on it.

and we all know that didnt happen

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol he’s only been AD since February.

Yea, I was too lazy to see if he was a new or old AD. I can't imagine this helps him lengthen his time at UT, though.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

What exactly is the incentive for Jimbo to jump ship to A&M? He can stay at FSU for pretty much as long as he wants I'd imagine and it's not like they aren't paying him.

He's been there for ten years, he went through a divorce there, maybe he just feels like he could use a fresh start. Chase some of that upper crust Houston slizz.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/danharralson/status/934896141380055040

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Pandanaut posted:

Pruitt
Taggart

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Pandanaut posted:

Charlie Strong?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

exactly what I'm wondering. also some of yall are kidding yourselves if you think rich donors are just tossing tens of millions of dollars at a school to buy a coach out all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

From the various reports, he's going through a somewhat ugly divorce. So if he leaves, seems like it would be entirely personal reasons.

He's getting paid like 5.7/year and FSU would have to pony up like 40m to fire him, so I can't imagine it's leveraging -- but his name has kept coming up for this job for like two weeks now.

• Locked thread