Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

So Kevin Sumlin's firing confirms he's a mediocre coach who road the coattails of Mike Evans to a $30 million contract?

Fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Sumlin finished third in the SEC like once.

The PAC-12 is more of a revolving wheel compared to the SEC so more opportunity to be better.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I think Mullen at his worst will produce a competent football team that wins 8-9 games a year and brings in decent recruiting classes. At minimum, he’ll leave the program in good shape for a splashy hire down the line. It’s hard to see him being a macchamp level bust.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/cammashburn/status/934897899212890119?s=17

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Currie wanted a hire that would really energize the fans. Well it did.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Hell of a day for Currie. Think you finally got your shiny new coach and may end up getting fired for it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

lmao how are people who care about him not blowing his phone up right now telling him to shut the gently caress up

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
So the Tennessee AD will lose his job and Schiano will never be a head coach again and who knows might even lose his job at Ohio State.

What a shitshow lose-lose situation

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Lmao

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Adun posted:

So the Tennessee AD will lose his job and Schiano will never be a head coach again and who knows might even lose his job at Ohio State.

What a shitshow lose-lose situation

schiano will totally end up with a job somewhere

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

lmao how are people who care about him not blowing his phone up right now telling him to shut the gently caress up

because he probably lives in a bubble of people who think sports are literally all that matter

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

a million schianoman march is heading towards knoxville

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Who the hell does Tennessee go after now if the deal falls through? Kelly is out, so is Mullen. Leach? I wouldn’t mind Sumlin, honestly. Hell, I’d be happy with Cutcliff coming home right now.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

So Kevin Sumlin's firing confirms he's a mediocre coach who road the coattails of Johnny Manziel to a $30 million contract?

alternatively, A&M and its boosters have more money than sense, and have top-tier expectations when they're not in that top tier of jobs

Good on them if they get Jimbo, but I've really got to wonder what Jimbo has to do to make A&M happy considering the money they would be throwing down to get him.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ol kirk is day drunk, he has to be

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bert to Tennessee. You heard it here first.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Who the hell does Tennessee go after now if the deal falls through? Kelly is out, so is Mullen. Leach? I wouldn’t mind Sumlin, honestly. Hell, I’d be happy with Cutcliff coming home right now.

Todd Graham

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This is amazing. This whole thing is amazing.

And I didn't think it could get any better.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

sumlin, norvell, venables maybe

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

If this falls apart you basically aren't going to get a big name like Leach. Cut might be willing to come back as a favor but that's a short-term at best solution.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I knew Tennessee should have hired Blackburn to be AD. What a drat shitshow!

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

If Tennessee were smart they'd get Sumlin.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Currie has done what no AD since freekin Doug Dickey has been able to do - unite the UT fanbase

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Obviously this is the long game for Tennessee to get Gruden.

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

The Tennessee dumpster fire is really helping me feel less bummed about the Todd Graham firing. It might not have been the best move, but it wasn't the worst!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

This is the wildest carousel I can remember, goddamn.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Sent from my iPad posted:

If Tennessee were smart they'd get Sumlin.

I’m pretty sure we’ve discovered that Tennessee is not smart

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Norvell is within driving distance you don’t even have to reschedule the press conference.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

FreakyMetalKid posted:

The Tennessee dumpster fire is really helping me feel less bummed about the Todd Graham firing. It might not have been the best move, but it wasn't the worst!

graham's a kind of lovely coach and whoever you get will be at least as good or better

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

He was already DC at OSU when that testimony was unsealed, so that's why it wasn't brought up when he was hired. It may be that the Wapo article is poorly written but it's saying this happened in 2005-2006, and Schiano was gone from PSU for a decade before that.

It said Bradley told McQueary about it then. Schiano worked at PSU from '90-'95.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/gambo987/status/934913081221693440

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Blue Raider posted:

sumlin, norvell, venables maybe

Add Kevin Steele to that list.

That said the upside is no matter who they hire (if Schiano doesn't happen) the fanbase will be like at least it is not that PSU guy.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

lol holy poo poo this owns

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Weird way of spelling Tennessee

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Sumlin just seems like a less doofusy Butch Jones

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Pandanaut posted:

Obviously this is the long game for Tennessee to get Gruden.

BREAKING: John Gruden signs 5-year, $100-million deal to be the head coach of Tennessee. As part of the arrangement, Gruden will not be required to recruit or travel with the team for away games. DC Schiano and OC Kiffin will share coaching duties when Gruden is not present or wants to do something else that day.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Bielema seems like a really bad fit in the PAC-12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Bielema seems like a really bad fit in the PAC-12

the doorways are too narrow

• Locked thread