Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Sophism posted:

If they do that, I really hope they add an option to remove the gigantic portraits in battle and fit the text boxes in the freed up space. It bothers me how gigantic that part of the interface design is, when it's not even something you can interact with. It eats up so much screen real estate.

You can click on the portraits to see their details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Emiya becomes a loving beast after his quests and interludes dude

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

Emiya becomes a loving beast after his quests and interludes dude

good to know

i get by b/c i grailed him to 90 b/c hes god drat archer and raw numbers will tell but he's kinda just, mediocre

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

UberJew posted:

good to know

i get by b/c i grailed him to 90 b/c hes god drat archer and raw numbers will tell but he's kinda just, mediocre

For the record, the full tally of his buffs after all his strengthenings and interludes is:

-UBW gets 100% added to its damage scaling;
-Clairvoyance becomes Hawkeye, which takes his star drop increase from 16-32% to 50-100% and tacks on a 50-100% crit damage steroid on top of it that stacks with his Independent Action passive;
-Magecraft becomes Projection Magecraft, the potency increase goes from 21-35% to 25-40%, and it affects all three card types.

EMIYA on JP is a freaking monster once skilled up.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Worth pointing out that UBW hits enough times that stacking Clarivoyence and another star drop buff (like the Mystic Code one) will give you 50 Crit stars as it is.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Vengarr posted:

Worth pointing out that UBW hits enough times that stacking Clarivoyence and another star drop buff (like the Mystic Code one) will give you 50 Crit stars as it is.

Yeah, it's why I'm still using Memories Of the Lunar Sea after maxing it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

UberJew posted:

I will never betray Actual Archer

UBW might be real bad but I refuse to stop

EMIYA's real power isn't his NP, but once he gets his skill buff quests, being able to toss giant crits around.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Who are some good characters currently out to throw on a team with Andersen. Been giving him and Medea some levels and would like to get some use out of him.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Anderson is a great budget support unit so he works with a lot of stuff tbh. Medea is a good person to team with him, you can throw black grail on her for a nice damage boost and Anderson's NP can help alleviate some of the HP drain from Black Grail. Other arts card heavy characters such as Robin Hood would do well.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I completed my first 10 Max Ascension Servants.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

andersen works well with A) arts based characters, B) cirt-based characters, or C) other supports. or some combination of those.

asterios, waver, mash, nursery rhyme, and lancelot come to mind.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Is there a guide or a general rule I shall follow when it comes to prioritizing levelling skills? I know that the CD is reduced at level 6 and 10 but what else is increased at every level?

Generally what type of skills should I max first when I don't want to waste mats on giving 10/10/10 on everyone.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
you don't need most skills at 10. You only need it for things that you will want to spam or that make huge impacts; stuff like the 50% boosts can be useful, as will things like George's Taunt or anything that charges NP levels. Stuff like Disengage is less needed because the amount of HP it recovers is minuscule in the scale of things.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what changes with level varies from skill to skill, as well as the amount it increases.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Did a couple pulls on Scathach and Kintoki banner and came away with neither them nor 2030. I did get a couple of much-need Kaleidoscopes though, and a fake-out from Tamamo Cat to carry one, so all in all it wasn't a bad use of 60 quartz.

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 27, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

For the record, the full tally of his buffs after all his strengthenings and interludes is:

-Clairvoyance becomes Hawkeye, which takes his star drop increase from 16-32% to 50-100% and tacks on a 50-100% crit damage steroid on top of it that stacks with his Independent Action passive;
-Magecraft becomes Projection Magecraft, the potency increase goes from 21-35% to 25-40%, and it affects all three card types.

It's amazing how emiya has been buffed consistently to be a very good Archer over time while Seiba has been left in a gutter.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It's amazing how emiya has been buffed consistently to be a very good Archer over time while Seiba has been left in a gutter.

To be fair, there are enough Saber versions out there who are great. Emiya has his Alter version, who I guess exists?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Emiya Alter is as good as regular Emiya

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

Emiya Alter is as good as regular Emiya

He has a single target NP, and thats about it? Everything else about him looks straight up worse. He can probably burst reasonably well, but his attack up not affecting his extra attack makes even that questionable.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Archtoria more than makes up for it though

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

SpaceDrake posted:

holy crap

all i'll need is to find something better than a non-LB Projection to throw on him

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Bholder posted:

Is there a guide or a general rule I shall follow when it comes to prioritizing levelling skills? I know that the CD is reduced at level 6 and 10 but what else is increased at every level?

Generally what type of skills should I max first when I don't want to waste mats on giving 10/10/10 on everyone.

I love this site for that: https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/servants

Tells you what the skills do and what ones to prioritize and why. Along with: the mats needed for them, good CEs to use with each Servant ,and who they work well with (and why).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wuxi posted:

He has a single target NP, and thats about it? Everything else about him looks straight up worse. He can probably burst reasonably well, but his attack up not affecting his extra attack makes even that questionable.

NP pierces and is single target, attack is powerful and lasts three turns, still absorbs crit stars well, defensive buff may not be an outright damage negation but making him incredibly resilient for 3 turns is also a strong thing, is arts based and actually synergizes with one of the support casters unlike Emiya who is a critlord where his NP is a means to an end rather than Alter where his NP is actually a functional method of damage leading into a powerful combo.

He is by no means bad or unremarkable, he's just a different kind of good than regular Emiya.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

One last pull for Scathach. I didn't get her, but I did get my first Carmilla.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Ordered the second and third seasons of Prisma Illya on blu-ray during the RightStuf black friday sale. I shall use them in a summoning ritual during the event whenever we get it to get Illya, even if she's not that great.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah, maybe we can just combine my mobile addictions

https://twitter.com/4_ammr/status/933732106135408640

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
The new A/C mobile game is disappointing though.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Nobu just ate through all my QP raising her third skill to level 8. I have enough materials to get it to level 10 so she'll be my archer of choice once I do.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

RanKizama posted:

Ordered the second and third seasons of Prisma Illya on blu-ray during the RightStuf black friday sale. I shall use them in a summoning ritual during the event whenever we get it to get Illya, even if she's not that great.

All that matters is Illya is cute and adorable.

I haven't rolled on this banner since I got Scathach but my roommate who had better luck till now blew a bunch of money on a fruitless attempt to get Gil. But he sure got three Deermud and Seven Ferguses.

Though he did get Carmilla so he has a semi-strong assassin now.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

RMZXAnarchy posted:

All that matters is Illya is cute and adorable.
:yeah:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Who are the characters you want to level up and ascend for the next event?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Bonus Servants for Christmas are Santa Alter, Jack, Nursery Rhyme, Marie, Martha, David, Robin Hood, Jing Ke, Caesar, Darius, and Phantom.

e: We'll presumably be getting London before Christmas event though, so no real rush.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 27, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Unlike GUDAGUDA, Santa Alter provides the most boosts so failing to roll the 5* (Jack) isn't going to be as detrimental as it was for Okita. Biggest thing to do is to stock up on Rider XP cards.

Robin Hood is the only one of the set that I've maxed out, but I'll have Martha, David, and Caesar at 50 and hopefully a Santa Alter strong enough that I'll be able to manage the 40AP.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Well, the bonus servants are:

Artoria Pendragon (Santa Alter) (+4)
Jack the Ripper (+3)
Nursery Rhyme (+2)
Marie Antoinette (+2)
Saint Martha (+2)
David (+1)
Robin Hood (+1)
Jing Ke (+1)
Gaius Julius Caesar (+1)
Darius III (+1)
The Phantom of the Opera (+1)

The two fights people will want to grind for raffle currency consist of the following:

The final wave of 50AP is very dangerous. Gil has a 3 turn charge bar on his party-wiping NP, and not only does he have Golden Rule, letting him charge it with an action, Waver can charge the entire team's NPs as well. Thus for the 50AP you'll probably want Caesar as high as you can to kill or cripple Scathach with his NP and You'll also want to probably reserve embers for Santa Alter so she is in a usable state (her Noble Phantasm will do a good job of softening up the final wave of 50AP). Carmilla in the second wave is almost as dangerous for the same reasons, 3 charge bar NP and a self-charging skill. I plan to try to use Robin's Yew Bow to kill her ASAP and you should do your best to kill her before killing the two minions with her, to deny her getting more turns to potentially charge her NP with. The first wave of 50AP will be taken slow, trying to charge people's NP bars the best I can.

So my party for 50AP will probably look like:

Front:
Robin Hood (70)
Caesar (70)
Santa Alter (my own or a support, whichever is stronger)
Back:
David (50-60)
Santa Alter (my own or a support, whichever is weaker)
Jing Ke (50-60?)

5-6 of these will, hopefully, be equipped with the +20% drop CE.

Will it work? I dunno!

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

a kitten posted:

I love this site for that: https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/servants

Tells you what the skills do and what ones to prioritize and why. Along with: the mats needed for them, good CEs to use with each Servant ,and who they work well with (and why).

The hard numbers on this site are good, but the actual analyses should be taken with a grain of salt. Like, their tier listing is just terrible in a lot of cases, even just considering current content. Not even in a subjective sense really, but in an actual objective one.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I wish other places did analysis of servants, its always good to hear differing opinions (and my opinion so far definitely differs from theirs in a few spots).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah the tier lists on gamepress is fairly suspect IMO. The NP damage chart is cool though and I always like doing the quartz summoning tool when I want to feel like hating myself.

From what I've heard, while the Xmas 50AP is the best stocking farming node if you can manage it with a full crew but it's VERY hard to pull this off without having most of them maxed and if you're using a ton of apples the 40AP will suffice just as well.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 27, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah, I saw some math somewhere that if you have to remove even a single +1 bonus from your team to clear 50AP, its better to do 40AP instead.

40AP as the backup is why I'm leveling Jing Ke up, it has two riders in the final wave.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nyaa posted:

Other things to point out:

- Male to female ratio have been even between releases. Most male usually stuck at 3* or lower and often in bulk from main story, but that won’t matter facing them as boss with large pool of hp. Some midboss monster also have male trial.

- There are only THREE single target 5* np archer in the whole game in JP. The second one in summer are limited and the third one post end game. Enjoy raising those 4* archer if you don’t have orion.

- Her NP will catch up to Euylare damage at NP 2... or 3.

Orion is also much better for offensive stall teams because her post-interlude NP includes a guaranteed NP drain. Orion Tamamo Waver makes for excellent shenanigans where the opponent never gets to pop their NP. The crit debuff is also useful to avoid randomly-generated fuckovers.
She's an excellent choice to bully a certain banana oni even without bonus damage.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Vengarr posted:

You can click on the portraits to see their details.

That's true, but to be fair, you can also click their class symbol or HP/NP bars for the same effect.