Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'd attribute this game to coaching. Two wasted timeouts (one on an absolutely stupid challenge), a weird fake fg, and for whatever reason in the last drive Russell kept throwing down the middle, not giving receivers a chance to get out of bounds. Part of that is on Wilson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

hifi posted:

“Obviously I need to drive it a little more to get it there,” Walsh told reporters. “So in hindsight, that’s what I would do is drive it more and not leave it short.”

I can just hear the contempt for the reporter who asked the dumb question.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
i consider the unexpected onside kick and fake fg to balance each other out for weird special teams moves, those wasted time outs were inexcusable

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
As much as I dislike Walsh bring our kicker, he was solid last night until that last kick. That loss was on poor coaching decisions. The non call on that obvious DPI sucked, but it happens.
I thought about making an :effort: post about the Seahawks, but it seems unwarranted. They will continue to be a team that you can't just steamroll, but they'll slide back into mediocrity where Seattle teams live.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

shirts and skins posted:

Uhh

We're still 6-4. If we beat the Rams again we're probably in the playoffs. Plenty of teams would be happy to be in our position.

The defense sucks but Russ is still amazing. Let's see if some guys can get a little healthier. Losing Griffin that early in the game was brutal.

I dunno man the loss hurts but we were like a missed Graham td catch and about 2 feet of FG from OT and/or winning. I'm willing to wait and see.

And long term we still have a franchise qb. We'll be fine.

I think we have a real good chance of only getting to 9 wins this year which won't come close to getting us in the playoffs

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
everyone lost :peanut:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbLLyAj7wWw

lol

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Jared Goff owns

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

DariusLikewise posted:

Jared Goff owns

Truth, and it angers me so much that the Rams got him :argh:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

shirts and skins posted:

Uhh

We're still 6-4. If we beat the Rams again we're probably in the playoffs. Plenty of teams would be happy to be in our position.

The defense sucks but Russ is still amazing. Let's see if some guys can get a little healthier. Losing Griffin that early in the game was brutal.

I dunno man the loss hurts but we were like a missed Graham td catch and about 2 feet of FG from OT and/or winning. I'm willing to wait and see.

And long term we still have a franchise qb. We'll be fine.

I mean, it is a little lostseason.txt, but there are very valid concerns about our trajectory, least of which is the Falcons (also 6-4) getting a crucial head-to-head.

The NFC playoff field is absurdly stacked this year (the 8-2 Saints wouldn't even get a bye if it started now), so you figure 10-6 has to be the bare minimum for a Wild Card spot. The rest of our schedule:

@49ers
vs. Eagles
@Jaguars
vs. Rams
@Cowboys (Zeke's first game back, great timing NFL)
vs. Cardinals

Do you see four wins there? I'm having a hard time, especially with the defense turning into a MASH unit. If we beat the Rams again, then maybe we can steal the division and make this all moot. But that's a big if.

So yeah, season not over, but we have zero margin for error left.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The Rams are my favorite team in the NFL. Hell, they've always been. I've always been a huge fan of the Los Angeles Rams.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Sour Diesel posted:

The Rams are my favorite team in the NFL. Hell, they've always been. I've always been a huge fan of the Los Angeles Rams.

Hell, same.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ray Ray Armstrong has been waived, to make room for Tank Carradine off of IR. Niners D is upgraded, y'all!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Leperflesh posted:

Ray Ray Armstrong has been waived, to make room for Tank Carradine off of IR. Niners D is upgraded, y'all!

It is! Too bad the secondary is still wiped out by injuries and completely garbage.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

The Rams drat rear end own

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

The Rams drat rear end own

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Jimmy G :catstare:

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The unreasonable-expectations bandwagon for Garoppolo starts right here.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Gotta say that that whole drive was real pretty. Good pocket awareness, nice scramble, beautiful throw at the end.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

blaine got drat gabbert

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

hifi posted:

blaine got drat gabberts

ftfy

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams are good again

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Our division is weird.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Our division is weird.

I think any NFCW team in the AFCW would be division leaders there. That includes the 49ers.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
The 49ers would get owned repeatedly by everyone in the AFC west.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The current iteration of the 49ers would get owned by everyone in the world

Except Eli lmao

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Kazak_Hstan posted:

The 49ers would get owned repeatedly by everyone in the AFC west.

I could see them being competitive, if only because I've already seen two of their teams lose to the Giants.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I bet we could win 2 or 3 games out of 10 against the Broncos.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the afc wests reign of best division in football was even shorter than the nfc wests

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

hifi posted:

the afc wests reign of best division in football was even shorter than the nfc wests

We got 3 consecutive Super Bowl trips out of it. :hfive:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Ahhhh, good times

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/status/935282224311648257

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pete said today that Malik McDowell hasn't many any progress and won't play this year

He crashed his ATV in May. That's, uh, pretty bad if he's not making progress 6 months later.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Benne posted:

Pete said today that Malik McDowell hasn't many any progress and won't play this year

He crashed his ATV in May. That's, uh, pretty bad if he's not making progress 6 months later.

Pete was talking about the internal Overwatch league the Seahawks run. Malik still slam picks Hanzo everytime, refuses to play Mai, thinks Lucio is for noobs

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 28, 2017

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Benne posted:

Its doubly hosed because with a concussion each subsequent concussion comes a lot easier, the fact that he turbo hosed his brain already doesn't bode well for him handling any type of knock to the brain at all.

I mean, he could be lucky and maybe he will be back to normal and he'll be able to take hits to the head alright, but maybe he won't.

edit: as to the not making progress thing, there is no timetable for serious concussions so I wouldn't worry that he isn't getting better because he eventually will. But regardless of how long it takes the damage has been done I'm afraid.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Nov 28, 2017

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Blair Walsh is like some kind of lovely Mystery Men superhero where if the team is up two scores, he's automatic from 52 but if it's late and close, he turns into Ray Finkle.

He's anti-clutch

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't Stephen Theodore Hauschka bang one in from like a mile as well yesterday?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Pretend it's that Wolverine picture but poorly photoshopped with a Seahawks logo as the head and the picture is of Hauschka

Also there's rumblings that, along with being out for the rest of the year, Kam may never play again :stare:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
All the Seahawks are dying, rip

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Spoeank posted:

The current iteration of the 49ers would get owned by everyone in the world

Except Eli lmao

And whoever the Bears put up next week.

That was a really nice TD play by Jimmy G. He showed great vision of the field and knew where his receivers would be. Put me down for 'cautiously optimistic'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

mllaneza posted:

And whoever the Bears put up next week.

That was a really nice TD play by Jimmy G. He showed great vision of the field and knew where his receivers would be. Put me down for 'cautiously optimistic'.

It's interesting because one thing this season has shown is how rare that "great quarterback" talent is. QBs fresh from college and guys who float around the league and play second or third string, they are usually not starting for a good reason. Jimmy Garoppolo or whatever may be an exception, after all playing second fiddle to Tom Brady doesn't say much about a QB's potential. But in most cases fans clamor for a QB change and the result is absolutely terrible.

Maybe he's good but I'll need to see a lot more than that. Kyle Shanahan just said he's likely to get the franchise tag though, which seems absolutely nuts to me

• Locked thread