Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
She hastes herself even if she's already hasted.

Maria BSB is strong as gently caress. I just slapped TG RM on her and Hydra disappearred. She's stronger than Terra on this fight!

8/8 sub 30 before the ability buffs. Sumb self challenge completed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ugh, pulled on the FFX banner because I wanted Teedus stuff and got 2 copies of Wakka's legend materia :suicide:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Hogama posted:

Getting some more advance details on the new Record Dungeons, with pictures!

This looks cool. Game is getting stale as hell

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
dollar pulled Quistis OSB, and I've already got her BSB. It's time to use poison on everything forever!

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Been a pretty good weekend for content clears so let's add one more. D200 FFV CM that was, like everything else, enabled by 30th fest.

Problem was no native hastega which means no wall and thus Lenna can't keep up with healing because the pigs hurt. The solution from 30th? Gogo BSB. Just have another Curada. Two Curadas is twice as many. It's incredible.

Exdeath's BSB entry+CMD2 took care of the damage.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Mithross posted:

dollar pulled Quistis OSB, and I've already got her BSB. It's time to use poison on everything forever!

Having that combo is real drat good because Quistis can spam Wrath. :getin:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

superloosegoose posted:

If you do dispel it, she'll eventually waste a turn casting haste :burger:

She casts haste on herself even if she already has the status.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

I was itching to pull, so I threw 50 mythril at the XV Crystal Tower banner.

2/11
Aranea LMR (already have her OSB)
Noctis USB (have his BSB)

Not too bad! I haven't beat the JS that is going away today, so I"m hoping Aranea can help with that now!

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
Made a little video of a FF5 D300 run, this is probably my favorite Torment to farm so far. I was having fun trying to see how many buffs/debuffs I could stack before unleashing Bartz (around 4:45).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhGz4KH0nVk

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Poll time!

Should I legend dive:

Bartz: USB, Water BSB, LM
Squall: BSB2, En-ice LM

Bartz is pretty baller on my wind team, but Squall would be a whole team in himself.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

I vote Bartz, his USB is gonna get a whole lot better on Tuesday.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

I have both dove myself and they are both great.

Bartz has the advantage of being more versatile, whereas Squall gains the chance the speed up his charging by doublecasting his Cmd1, and sometimes doublecasting his Cmd2.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Bartz w/ USB is going to be way more useful overall, especially after the ability buffs coming this Tuesday. Also, consider that he has 2 more en-element BSBs coming down the pipe for wind and fire.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
I have Bartz, Squall and Cloud with the goodies so it's been a tough choice between the three, but ultimately Bartz and Cloud won out first. I really really want to LD Squall though, BSB2 is too sick. Need 90 vit motes :(

But I'd also vote Bartz for the versatility.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Bartz, I'd say

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, if you're minmaxing - which is the only reason you should ask bc if you aren't just LD your favorite guy - you wanna burn your motes on characters with good LMs (which both fit) you'll be using all the time. Bartz is versatile as gently caress, with a massive weapon list, better skills (he gets Sharpshooter 5 over Squall), and the ability to excel at several different elements.

He's definitely the safe/wise choice.

Baku fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 27, 2017

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
poo poo, pretty sure I forgot to complete the ffiv a+ fight. Thats my first missed story content since I got Wall back on the first anniversary fest. Oh well, cant blame myself. Too many of these god drat fights nowadays, and theyre all the same things shuffled around. Cant expect me to keep track of this poo poo.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I took out the Apoc multiplayer on the first try without Wall or even proshellga. Just bring Last Stand and a Tidus with a chain, which won't be hard because half the pubbies online right now are running Tiduses (Tidii?). An insta-healer like Rosa or Eiko wouldn't hurt, but he's not very fast. I thought maybe I was playing the 160 difficulty.

edit: I would also like to announce I am two 4* Wisdom Motes away from finishing Ashe's record dive. I have the 5* motes to clear her Legend Dive right away. I hate the 4* mote level.

MikeSevigny fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 27, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

wizard on a water slide posted:

(he gets Sharpshooter 5 over Squall)
I can't imagine a situation where I'd prefer the sharpshooter skills over their spellblade counterparts on Bartz, giving up all his LM/USB benefits

EDIT: but yeah, I'd go for Bartz

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Tried the mp with pubbies and for whatever reason every last stand user didn't bother using it before people got killed.

Did it solo instead and got it in one shot using Bartz and rw Cloud.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Ah so close to the Tactics and IX banners so I can finally blow some of this ridiculous pile of renewal mythril.

And then probably kick myself when I don't have enough saved up for the 3 year anniversary and / or the super fest that they may still decide to drop in out of nowhere.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I think people should go ahead and assume we will get SOME sort of fest in late December. Whether it'll be like superfest with elemental themes, I dunno (although it's a pretty safe bet), but we will almost certainly get something. So plan mythril spending accordingly.

We can't look to Japan this time, because they had their FF30th anniversary on Final Fantasy's 30th anniversary, which didn't correspond to their/our "fest every 3 months" schedule. So they had smaller superfests before and after the 30th fest to prevent there from being too long of a stretch without a fest, and then they resumed their normal fest schedule with the 3rd anniversary. Global just decided to keep the 3-month fest schedule instead and we got the 30th Anniversary "early." But there's no reason to assume we won't get any fest in late December just because JP didn't have one.

So I'd recommend saving mythril, is my point.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Has anyone else been having issues with FFEK running like poo poo and crashing a lot lately or is it just me?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Has anyone else been having issues with FFEK running like poo poo and crashing a lot lately or is it just me?

It's definitely been more crash happy. I think the game is buckling under its increasing complexity.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

It's not the game's fault, it's the utterly terrible job they did porting the game to global. Global FFRK crashes and freezes constantly on my Pixel 2, while JP runs really smoothly with no animation freezing or crashes at all.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
How the hell do you play JP anyway?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

ceaselessfuture posted:

The interface is the same, so you can mostly navigate without thinking about it. Sometimes it can still be tricky to sort menus by status ailments or elements, but it's not TOO bad. Plus, the Dr. Mog guides now just include charts with elemental weaknesses. For more specific details on attack patterns and such, you can usually find them on reddit (by our own Zurai here) or GameFAQs. So it can take some outside research to prepare for harder fights, but nothing too crazy (since I usually check AI threads even for high-level global fights, although less so recently).

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ceaselessfuture posted:

tl;dr: Either download an APK (if you're using an emulator/android) or make yourself a Japanese iTunes account. The reddit has a pretty solid guide for it here.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Oh god another 180 X CM, this time with yet another handicap.

Except that, uh. Teedus does so low damage minor regen nearly outheals him after FB+PBD+MugBloodlust and team defense buffs. And he's weak to something. I CBA to check but I assume this is 100% weakness to dark rather than usual 50% since he took so much damage.

Wow. That's certainly on a different level than that Seymour fight.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Man Ive been gone for awhile, looking at those JP updates

When the hell did they make a girl clone of Tyro?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Huh this Yojimbo Jumpstart is actually really hard?

Edit: Oh you're not supposed to kill the dog

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

MikeSevigny posted:

I took out the Apoc multiplayer on the first try without Wall or even proshellga. Just bring Last Stand and a Tidus with a chain, which won't be hard because half the pubbies online right now are running Tiduses (Tidii?). An insta-healer like Rosa or Eiko wouldn't hurt, but he's not very fast. I thought maybe I was playing the 160 difficulty.

edit: I would also like to announce I am two 4* Wisdom Motes away from finishing Ashe's record dive. I have the 5* motes to clear her Legend Dive right away. I hate the 4* mote level.

I fully LD'd tidus first because I had his BSB1 and OSB and had none of the other top tier legend dive candidates. Now that I have his USB too he's just a permanent fixture of my online party, which helps since like you said everyone seems to have his chain as well.

His USB alone with a full legend dive is really, really good. He's by far my best damage dealer.

Edit: Actually my online party is a rotation between

LD Tidus + USB
LD Yshtola + BSB + Stoneskin 2
Rikku + USB + random abilities I guess (which is why I don't like bringing her to MP. She really only does the USB and nothing else)

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Nov 27, 2017

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Shoenin posted:

Man Ive been gone for awhile, looking at those JP updates

When the hell did they make a girl clone of Tyro?

thats urara-chan, the game's new waifu

KataraniSword posted:

tl;dr: Either download an APK (if you're using an emulator/android) or make yourself a Japanese iTunes account. The reddit has a pretty solid guide for it here.

Awesome, thanks!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Edit: Oh you're not supposed to kill the dog

don't touch the dog!!

(edit)

also don't pull

New Paine sword, dupe sword, dupe bracer, dupe rod.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Nov 27, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

At least the wrist is + water even if it's a dupe. That sword is trash garbage though and dupe Chaos Rods are useless.

Never pull.

I'll probably be a frequent customer of the JP CT draws where you get to pick a SSB from the realms included. Going to snipe some +elemental damage things. I don't care about any other text in SSB tier relics.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Honestly, if my pulls are gonna look like this for FFTA and IX pulls too, I might be close to being done with the game. Or at least taking a break.

Kinda tired with only being able to get BSB+ relics in fests and special banners only.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

I hear you and feel exactly the same. It's so bad I'm considering giving DU luckies a pass entirely.

My current lie that I tell myself is I don't have eggs and 4* motes to power any new relics so it's fine to only pull every three months.

Gacha is a terrible mechanic.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
As a small experiment I decided to actually reroll a second global account. Easy enough with just creating a second Android dummy account on my phone.

This is a highly scientific test to verify if my main account is cursed or not. Also curious to see just how fast I can progress, knowing what I know of the game.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Attestant posted:

Honestly, if my pulls are gonna look like this for FFTA and IX pulls too, I might be close to being done with the game. Or at least taking a break.

Kinda tired with only being able to get BSB+ relics in fests and special banners only.

That's what I was saying shortly before the last fest, then pulled a Paladin Cecil USB and Terra USB. They held me for a bit but since I run a physical team starring a juiced up Ramza they're not that optimal, but are still my best offensive USBs. I'll have 200 mythril in FFTA to determine if I'm gonna keep playing.

E: although to be honest I just can't be assed to play anyways. I started week2 global and it's just getting tiring, especially with all the effortbosses there are nowadays. Plus I've just been enjoying FE: Heroes more.

acumen fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Melting Tidus with Raines BSB and CoD BSB was hilarious and fun.

Radiant Shield didn't even matter because he was so nerfed with dances and I was buffed to hell.

• Locked thread