Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
:suspense:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

... Intriguing

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chris James 2 posted:

This is going to be the win that makes it easier for Rodgers to come back, and harder for the Lions to get in playoffs

https://i.imgur.com/39DJyp8.gifv

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I hesitate to jinx it, but this looks like it might actually be a football game.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I hope the Packers win by 1 point.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
i figured this was a trap game.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I would have hope if this were happening in the fourth quarter.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Chinatown posted:

whats going on here is my brain dying or what

this is the pittsburgh steelers defense version of a playoff scenario

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Guess the Jags get to be the team that loses the AFCCG in Foxboro this year.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Steelers will win like 42-24

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

But the Steelers were clearly the 2nd best team in the AFC????

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

axeil posted:

this is the pittsburgh steelers defense version of a playoff scenario

not anymore i guess

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I love to make fun of McCarthy's screen pass playcalling but every dozen or so one works.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I finally convinced myself to root AGAINST the Packers winning in order to get better draft position, and then they pull this poo poo.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

SKULL.GIF posted:

Hundley.... actually looks okay so far??? That was OOB but that was a tight, spot-on pass, and he placed it where it would be impossible to pick off

Just too bad that Nelson was already so close to the boundary before the pass

WILLIAMS!!!!

Don't tell anybody but Hundley looked good in the Ravens game too. He just also made about 8 horrible mistakes that totally sunk his team.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Leon Einstein posted:

I finally convinced myself to root AGAINST the Packers winning in order to get better draft position, and then they pull this poo poo.

It's not like the Ted Thompson Packers have done too much with their high draft picks anyway

Hawk at 5, Raji at 9, Harrell at 16

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Sorry Pitch Perfect 3, no Packer cameos not interested.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

rodgersless packers are trash, but the steelers are enough of a hot mess, as a group of humans, that I sorta felt they were due for a letdown

anyway im pumped for this week's ESPN talking heads discussion about whether brett hundley is an elite quarterback

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
wait, why are they up by 8? Did the steelers miss the PAT?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lol Mike Daniels thought it was a run play when he could have gone to take down Ben

Then almost catches Bell from behind!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's not like the Ted Thompson Packers have done too much with their high draft picks anyway

To be fair, Raji did give us the best fat man pick six dance during the Super Bowl run.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Excuse me, that's AJ, ALL TIME GREEN BAY LEADER IN TACKLES, Hawk.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Reminder that the Steelers lost to the Bears and needed a defensive TD to beat the Browns. This is hardly a shock.

If there was some way to calculate a team's talent:points ratio, I am positive they would be the all-time worst.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe
i can't stop thinking about how others also think nfl on cbs always looks worse than nbc or fox. i've noticed this for years and just thought i was insane

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Yeah in the first few games we thought the Steelers were one of the worst teams.

It's not too late to return

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Leon Einstein posted:

Excuse me, that's AJ, ALL TIME GREEN BAY LEADER IN TACKLES, Hawk.

Blake Martinez coming for that record :c00l:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Don't tell anybody but Hundley looked good in the Ravens game too. He just also made about 8 horrible mistakes that totally sunk his team.

Yes, Hundley looked good except for the multiple times he was complete trash.

:rolleyes:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Leviathan posted:

i can't stop thinking about how others also think nfl on cbs always looks worse than nbc or fox. i've noticed this for years and just thought i was insane

it's not all cbs games, it's just a few that I think they have substandard cameras for or something like that

for these games it looks almost like the feed is slightly desaturated or something

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

again with the huge gaps in coverage

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Pittsburgh's defense loves to play overly aggressive and once a game it bites them hard.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

one thing I'm happy has happened is that Romo's breakout success has forced all the other announcers to step up their game and talk more about football analysis instead of babbling platitudes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fackrell has really taken a step forward in the last few games

it was looking like he was going to be just another guy but he's flashed some potential now

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Packers will lose to Browns

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

SKULL.GIF posted:

one thing I'm happy has happened is that Romo's breakout success has forced all the other announcers to step up their game and talk more about football analysis instead of babbling platitudes

Man I wanna see Cutler in the booth next year.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

lmao ben is so fat and slow

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Tomlin should have gone for it there

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

i find it impossible to root against my team, however I also want mccarthy (or at least capers) fired, and scraping into the playoffs despite a rodgers injury (again) will only convince everybody they are geniuses or something
halp

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Leviathan posted:

I've always thought Fox looked the worst overall. Also CBS seems to have the best audio for some reason.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Infidel Castro posted:

Yes, Hundley looked good except for the multiple times he was complete trash.

:rolleyes:

There are many different ways to be a poo poo QB. I'm saying Hundley is the variety that has all the tools and can flash greatness but his consistently making awful mental mistakes is what makes him trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

PupsOfWar posted:

i find it impossible to root against my team, however I also want mccarthy (or at least capers) fired, and scraping into the playoffs despite a rodgers injury (again) will only convince everybody they are geniuses or something
halp

Thats more or less how I feel about the Ravens this year. Im not above rooting against them though.

• Locked thread