Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

suicidesteve posted:

My favorite card is Spiritmonger because it was a precursor to everything being BGx or UGx midrange garbo forever, even though it never really saw any play. Also because one day a million years ago when little Steve opened one, it was immediately his new favorite card and no other card has ever come close. Seriously, the card is nuts! Too bad it's not even close to being playable. :(

Spiritmonger was mind-blowing to kid me, I though they had made some error when printing the card because how could they get away with printing something that strong? Its power and toughness were each higher than its CMC, plus it only gets bigger? But yeah, it's one of my prime examples of dope cards that are unplayable :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

C-Euro posted:

Spiritmonger was mind-blowing to kid me, I though they had made some error when printing the card because how could they get away with printing something that strong? Its power and toughness were each higher than its CMC, plus it only gets bigger? But yeah, it's one of my prime examples of dope cards that are unplayable :smith:

The words you are looking for are power creep.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

My favorite format is pauper, even if I don't play it much. It's loads of fun.

My favorite card is Battle of Wits. :getin:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

suicidesteve posted:

A Lantern player rooting for justice is not a lantern player who wants to win.

Turns out titans breach is a great matchup. Top 4 .....

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Good luck and never chop. In fact offer to play winner takes all.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sorry I just realized my actual favorite format is Desert Cube.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

ButtWolf posted:

1. Favorite format and why?
2. Favorite card and why? Could be flavor text or image or whatever.

1. EDH, non-competitive, because I like hanging out with friends and playing magic simultaneously while not really caring who wins, just that we all had fun.
2. Necropotence, because gently caress your fun.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nibble posted:

1. Cube draft. I started with peasant and pauper cubing, but I've come to like powered cubes too. Putting together a cube is one of the few ways you can really feel a sense of authorship in creating an experience for players, plus it's just fun to play with memorable old cards.

2. Eternal Witness. Such a simple sounding yet deceptively powerful effect in an efficient package with incredible artwork. Even the name is very evocative.

I love Eternal Witness in Company for grabbing Company or Dromoka's Command back. It's an allstar in that deck for me.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I took it down. Turns out humans had issues against bridge after heavy discard hands.

600$ , guess I get all the iconic masters cards I wanted for Christmas.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sickening posted:

I took it down. Turns out humans had issues against bridge after heavy discard hands.

That's fuckin awesome dude, congrats.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sickening posted:

You took what down

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

You took what down

A bear, it stole my money. :iiam:

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

Sincere congrats dude.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sickening posted:

A bear, it stole my money. :iiam:

I think it was multiple bears

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Take that bear down and gently caress him

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Nice work Sickening.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Sickening posted:

Congratulations, dude!

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

ButtWolf posted:

I love Eternal Witness in Company for grabbing Company or Dromoka's Command back. It's an allstar in that deck for me.

Company -> witness -> company -> witness -> win condition is my favorite way to spend infinite mana.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I have gone Chord for Witness getting back Chord before.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Good luck and never chop. In fact offer to play winner takes all.

Told ya! gj duder

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
1. Favorite format: Legacy
2. Favorite Card: Either Deathmist Raptor or Stifle.

Sickening posted:

GJ. Humans folds hard to Affinity too.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Draft is the best format.

And KTK-KTK-KTK is the best draft format.

Favorite card: Heartless Summoning, because that was a fun as hell standard deck.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
My favorite limited format is MM2.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Favorite card is Knight of the Reliquary

Favorite format is Legacy

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheKingofSprings posted:

Favorite card is Knight of the Reliquary

Favorite format is Legacy

Me in 2011 and me today.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
My favorite format is "EDH with friends", which is a different format than EDH because it doesn't involve lovely people fighting for prizes.

My favorite card is Temple Bell. I throw it in everything, and when I activate it, I do my best Oprah impression. "You get a card! And you get a card! And you get a card!"

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

1. Favorite format: Legacy
2. Favorite Card: Either Deathmist Raptor or Stifle.

GJ. Humans folds hard to Affinity too.

I would have played humans but I am out of state and the person who went with me only had burn built. He wasn't super hot on playing burn but he was super interested to playing humans. He did well and just missed the cut.

I feel like humans could greatly improve some matchups by sliding in some slightly less synergistic options. Vithian Renegades is red hot trash there has to be a better way to tackle artifact decks.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Sickening posted:

Awesome! Mind sharing your list? Are you on Whir or a more traditional build?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/TolarianCollege/status/934987762821840897

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Walked posted:

Awesome! Mind sharing your list? Are you on Whir or a more traditional build?

Whir. I am not going as deep as some of the new lists (not using bauble for example). I feel like although bauble does help whirl in the right circumstances, it turns into a do nothing card too often when disrupted at all. I prefer to keep the bells in its place. As always, leylines was the loving mvp today. Probably would have completely fell over to burn if I ever played against it.

Deck: lantern control

//Main
2 Abrupt Decay
2 Academy Ruins
4 Ancient Stirrings
3 Botanical Sanctum
4 Codex Shredder
4 Darkslick Shores
4 Ensnaring Bridge
3 Ghoulcaller's Bell
4 Glimmervoid
3 Inquisition of Kozilek
1 Inventors' Fair
1 Island
4 Lantern of Insight
4 Mox Opal
2 Pithing Needle
1 Pyrite Spellbomb
1 Pyxis of Pandemonium
4 Spire of Industry
1 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
4 Thoughtseize
4 Whir of Invention

//Sideboard
1 Abrupt Decay
2 Grafdigger's Cage
4 Leyline of Sanctity
1 Magus of the Moat
1 Nature's Claim
1 Padeem, Consul of Innovation
1 Phyrexian Metamorph
1 Pithing Needle
1 Spellskite
2 Welding Jar

Display deck statistics

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

I would have played humans but I am out of state and the person who went with me only had burn built. He wasn't super hot on playing burn but he was super interested to playing humans. He did well and just missed the cut.

I feel like humans could greatly improve some matchups by sliding in some slightly less synergistic options. Vithian Renegades is red hot trash there has to be a better way to tackle artifact decks.

You can't beat Affinity consistently with just creatures. You can't beat affinity consistently with just creatures and 4x path. You need the 4x Path's plus Tutors to have even a decent matchup. I think the right thing for the humans deck is to ignore the matchup.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Take that bear down and gently caress him

Flip that bear and rip it in half

Favorite Format: Modern

Favorite Card: Gray Merchant of Asphodel

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

You can't beat Affinity consistently with just creatures. You can't beat affinity consistently with just creatures and 4x path. You need the 4x Path's plus Tutors to have even a decent matchup. I think the right thing for the humans deck is to ignore the matchup.

Probably right. At this point I am just ready to drop vithian renegades entirely and hope to dodge affinity and bridges.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Modern. Goblin Rabblemaster. Just because.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
My favorite format is Conspiracy draft. Draft effecting cards added depth to drafts that no other format offers. My favorite card is probably gifts, but it's really the entire gifts ungiven package.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nslCeqwKuCk&t=274s

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Someone give me a synopsis, I don't like the professor and also I'm at work

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I really like the Professor when he's a guest on other channels, like The Command Zone, but I can't stand his own videos for some reason. :shrug:

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

My favorite format is Modern

Favorite card is panharmonicon, even though I don't have a deck for it I love this card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Glad some folks are able to stay more attached to reality, figured he would be an emotional mess.

The MTGheadquarters idiot has spent all weekend saying he did nothing wrong despite saying the word "cuck" 16 million times per video and all the other idiotic, misogynist bullshit. Its then followed up by some of his detractors comparing his actions to rapists and other completely ridiculous poo poo doesn't help their cause. Its a giant race to the bottom to who can be more over the top than the other no matter who you are speaking out for.

Looking back, I honestly don't believe mtgheadquarters idiot would have even said anything about her if her patreon wasn't doing better than his. He seems especially sensitive to that. Welp, tomorrow is going to be another twitter drama filled day as he is most definitely banned. I just hope they leave the door open by setting new guidelines that get other unapologetic assholes banned in the future like hoogland and others.

I fully expect them to just ban this idiot and declare everything fixed though.