Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

mcmagic posted:

What did I say that isn't true? This was a virtual lynch mob.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

omg this thread owns

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
The Schiano Defender has logged on

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Enemies of Schiano Men are legion

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Possibly interesting to this thread since he's been brought up vaguely in a couple of coaching searches:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Someone think of Greg :qq:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I think that that most fans REALLY didn't want Schiano and were glad he had this in his past so they had a reason to protest.

It's like how I was glad McElwain mishandled his whole mess so we'd have an out.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
This thread is about to take a lovely turn.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
The enemies of Gerg Schiano.

Deadspin with the God Tier headlines today.

https://deadspin.com/report-tennessee-puts-greg-schiano-back-in-dumpster-r-1820753375

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 27, 2017

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

mcmagic posted:

It's clear to everyone what is happening here. People didn't like him as a football coach and are using this smear to him. It worked.

mcmagic posted:

Me reading these posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNaXQQbcgw0&t=159s

deaf jesus
Feb 19, 2004
hear no evil
Im out. It was fun and can't wait for tomorrow.

My favorite quote from someone that called into the radio show: "You know that Paul Finebaum? The guy that's defending this Schiano? He went to Penn State."

He graduated from UT...time to move I suppose..stupid is strong with us. Go Vol...ahh gently caress it.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

mcmagic posted:

It looks like the mob has turned on you.

So with all of these vacancies opening up, how far down the food chain does Tennessee go now? Ruffin McNeill?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I hope we can keep pedophile cover uppers at the position coach level where they belong, head coach would be a bridge too far for sure

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dammit, we were one year too early! :argh:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

LLCoolJD posted:

It looks like the mob has turned on you.

So with all of these vacancies opening up, how far down the food chain does Tennessee go now? Ruffin McNeill?

I might not be the right messenger but if you notice, no one has actually argued on the facts. It's just personal attacking shitposts. Schiano is a mediocre coach but this is pretty heinous.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mcmagic posted:

It's clear to everyone what is happening here. People didn't like him as a football coach and are using this smear to him. It worked.

:randstare:

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

mcmagic posted:

The alternative is believing that Tennessee fans are suddenly beacons of morality and reason.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Guys, we finally found the magical intersection of the Anti-OSU tard Brigade and The Enemies of Rutgers Athletics.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Schiano didn't abuse his players at Rutgers and was generally well liked, although a handful of people hate him because he was a crazy control freak.

But anyone who knew about Sandusky and did nothing is a piece of poo poo who should never work again, even if he was just a scared nobody and even if he told garbage king Paterno.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m not trying to defend Schiano here or whatever if he did know, but I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to convince anyone in State College, police or otherwise, of what you saw when Paterno would readily deny anything.

As a young coach with no reputation, if you go to Paterno and he’s basically saying there’s nothing to see here, I really don’t know how you could feel comfortable going to anyone in that town and spilling your guts against JoePa. Especially so in the late 80s/early 90s.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I have zero opinion on his coaching ability, but I do recall when those court documents were unsealed, and he got named as seeing something years ago.

I mean, maybe it's complete BS. Maybe.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’m not trying to defend Schiano here or whatever if he did know, but I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to convince anyone in State College, police or otherwise, of what you saw when Paterno would readily deny anything.

As a young coach with no reputation, if you go to Paterno and he’s basically saying there’s nothing to see here, I really don’t know how you could feel comfortable going to anyone in that town and spilling your guts against JoePa. Especially so in the late 80s/early 90s.

The thought of ignoring what I saw - going back to work with blinders on and seeing this abuser continue to have access, makes me literally sick to my stomach. So no, I don't agree with this scenario and I don't have sympathy.

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 27, 2017

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Schiano didn't abuse his players at Rutgers and was generally well liked, although a handful of people hate him because he was a crazy control freak.

But anyone who knew about Sandusky and did nothing is a piece of poo poo who should never work again, even if he was just a scared nobody and even if he told garbage king Paterno.

He's a middling, limited gameday coach, a better program builder who ran a squeaky clean program (even with guys who had bad pasts or who went on to do bad stuff after they left like Ray Rice) and a good guy in the community. He was here for 10+ years and no one ever had a bad word to say about him personally. He also really handled himself exceptionally during the whole Eric Legrand injury. It's impossible to believe that he's the type of guy who would know about something like that and not report it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sportsgenius86 posted:

Can you imagine the legions of Alabama fans rushing to trip over their own dicks to defend him if the same thing happened with Saben?

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I think it's a mistake to hire Greg Schiano because he's loving Greg Schiano.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

mcmagic posted:

I might not be the right messenger but if you notice, no one has actually argued on the facts. It's just personal attacking shitposts. Schiano is a mediocre coach but this is pretty heinous.

Yeah, I've noticed. The general mood on this forum has been to nuke State College from orbit, as it's the only way to be sure. All they have on him is that he was there and there's some hearsay pointing a finger at him. It's enough to cloud him in controversy, though. Whether he was guilty of not reporting, we'll never know, but this has cost him millions of dollars.

I'm actually a little disappointed that the carousel has been so nuts today. Normally, we'd get a day or two of Dan Mullen chat. I have to admit, I know little about his recruiting. Evidently, he can find QBs. What about all the other positions? Does he have a strong recruiting rep?

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

mcmagic posted:

He's a middling, limited gameday coach, a better program builder who ran a squeaky clean program (even with guys who had bad pasts or who went on to do bad stuff after they left like Ray Rice) and a good guy in the community. He was here for 10+ years and no one ever had a bad word to say about him personally. He also really handled himself exceptionally during the whole Eric Legrand injury.

Mostly yes, but

quote:

It's impossible to believe that he's the type of guy who would know about something like that and not report it.

It really doesn't have anything to do with the other. You can tell stories about how this is plausible that put him in better or worse lights, but we don't loving know. I would have never in a million years thought Ray Rice could hurt a fly based on countless stories of him being this shy little wallflower, and it's not a homerism thing because there are guys who nothing would have surprised you. If the past few years haven't taught you that hero worship is bullshit, I don't know what to tell you.

This isn't a court of law, it's not like he's getting arraigned over this. He's losing a job and possibly a payday. He still has a really good job, and he still has reasonable career opportunities. 99% of Americans would kill to be in his position professionally. It doesn't matter if UT fans are full of poo poo or not - the good/bad coach poo poo is besides the point. Once that article came out in June of 2016 and he was even associated with Sandusky, I wouldn't want anything to do with him here. It's a more than fair principle that anything tied to Sandusky and PSU is 100% toxic under any circumstances.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
I haven't read any of the previous few pages, just came in to say I can see the mushroom cloud over Tennessee from like four states over. :stare:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The point was Sumlin's not even a good college coach? Like I am offended cause you made a stupid analogy, then tried to go after Cowher as not actually good, and keep defending your stupidity.

SMU was in really lovely shape and has been a lovely job for like most of the last thirty years. Winning there, in like, your first year is a good sign.

It’s not his first year and the coach who immediately preceded him there won more and turned it around faster than he has

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
E: Damnit got fake account'd again

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LLCoolJD posted:

Yeah, I've noticed. The general mood on this forum has been to nuke State College from orbit, as it's the only way to be sure. All they have on him is that he was there and there's some hearsay pointing a finger at him. It's enough to cloud him in controversy, though. Whether he was guilty of not reporting, we'll never know, but this has cost him millions of dollars.

I'm actually a little disappointed that the carousel has been so nuts today. Normally, we'd get a day or two of Dan Mullen chat. I have to admit, I know little about his recruiting. Evidently, he can find QBs. What about all the other positions? Does he have a strong recruiting rep?

I'm also fully behind nuking state college.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
anywho I sure hope good ol' Scotty Frost comes to Nebraska

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Seaniqua posted:

You will need a new avatar.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Seaniqua posted:

If he didn't want to go to Florida, I'm not sure he'd go up the road to Tallahassee. It's looking pretty promising for Nebraska as far as I can tell.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MarkdominikNFL/status/934979824648704000

Hmmm who else have Meyer and Belichick both agreed on?

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Schiano should literally sue these guys.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao at the coaching carousel and not just finding a guy who used to play for you that will win 6-8 games a year and coach the team until he dies

lol at anyone who didn’t hire their coach back when everyone accessed the internet via junk mail.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
"He's Butch Jones after he eats the mushroom in Mario" holy poo poo lol

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:jebstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel