Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/934952305325236225

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is just never going to end... Is it...

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

mcmagic posted:

What's hosed up is if the Dolphins, the Bills, and the Jets combined forces and started their best players on one team, it still would not be able to defeat the Patriots

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
How many franchises does it take to keep the patriots from getting 17 consecutive years of winning seasons?

More than 3 :gonk:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The refs blatantly allowing the patriots to reset the game clock to avoid their first delay of game clock in an utterly meaningless move (it had zero bearing on the outcome) is just incredible

All hail belichick

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

That play also might have seen the longest punt play ever. The Patriots waited out like 2.7 game clocks before finally kicking the drat thing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

The refs blatantly allowing the patriots to reset the game clock to avoid their first delay of game clock in an utterly meaningless move (it had zero bearing on the outcome) is just incredible

All hail belichick

That has definitely happened at least 5-6 times against the Jets.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

hey brady's got to retire someday, definitely before he's 50

i think

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

evilweasel posted:

hey brady's got to retire someday, definitely before he's 50

i think

PEDs are very advanced these days.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I still sincerely believe Tom Brady will fade down the stretch this season.

The Patriots will probably still make the Super Bowl, mind you, but Brady will look mediocre doing it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
#veryveryveryslightregression

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
He'll only break one record per game, instead of his usual two or three.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

fsif posted:

I still sincerely believe Tom Brady will fade down the stretch this season.

The Patriots will probably still make the Super Bowl, mind you, but Brady will look mediocre doing it.

that's pretty reasonable, the last super bowl was helped out a lot by giving him four weeks off and he's taking a ton of hits. i think the jimmy g trade had to happen but the brisset trade isn't looking great.

Nov 6, 2002

evilweasel posted:

that's pretty reasonable, the last super bowl was helped out a lot by giving him four weeks off and he's taking a ton of hits. i think the jimmy g trade had to happen but the brisset trade isn't looking great.

You mean 7 catches from Dorset isn't as valuable as a quality backup for a 40 year old QB?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

You mean 7 catches from Dorset isn't as valuable as a quality backup for a 40 year old QB?

yeah it made sense if they were keeping jimmy g to roll the dice on that one, but knowing that jimmy g wasn't gonna sign with the pats and they had to trade him by the deadline, idk what the gently caress they were thinking

sure, keep two qbs on the roster, makes sense normally but not when you know your quality backup is almost certainly gone halfway though the year and the only reason he might not be is if your starter is no longer good enough/healthy enough to start.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

IDK why Bowles is so adamant against starting Hack or Petty... If anything it would make it less likely he gets fired.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

The same reason Bowles is hesitant to bench Fitzpatrick after he threw 6 interceptions in one game: he's a loving idiot

He not only doesnt make adjustments during half-time, which is horrifying enough, but he doesn't change anything during a SEASON. It's amazing we've won anything with a head coach this awful

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Dre2Dee2 posted:

It's amazing we've won anything with a head coach this awful

I think it's still too early to say that.
You can't say the team is winning despite Bowles because I don't believe the Jets are so talented that he's holding back the greatest show on turf. In fact I think the Jets have at times overachieved.

All Bowles has failed at is turning poo poo into gold.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I want a coach who makes repeat penalty offenders stop or get benched.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The team is absolutely winning in spite of Bowles, not because they're so extremely talented but because they've played some extremely terrible teams. Their wins are against the Browns and Jaguars with splits against the Bills and Dolphins. The Jaguars are the only remotely legitimate team on that list and they have Blake loving Bortles at QB.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They can play a good team close for 45 mins...and then let up 24 unanswered in the 4th. I guess their coaching is too good and all the genius is tiring out the offense

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

They can play a good team close for 45 mins...and then let up 24 unanswered in the 4th. I guess their coaching is too good and all the genius is tiring out the offense

I'm not saying he's good or a genius only that the team has very little talent even at critical positions so what do you expect to happen?
The Jets were literally accused of purposely tanking to start the season, and at least they have shown more fight than many thought they were capable of.

It's hard to make an argument that the Jets have underachieved vs expectations and that is the crux of the argument to keep Bowles at least one year.

The Jets really aren't a joke like the 49ers, Colts, and Browns are.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You forgot ultimate joke team the ny giants

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
At least the Jets are fun to watch, McCown has some skills and they sometimes hit excellent deep balls with some exciting receivers.

A lot more than you can say about most of the losing teams in the league.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Petty and Hackenberg don’t start because the entire team knows that they’re trash QBs who aren’t and probably will never be as good as a 38 year old journeyman bad QB. Like they’re bad enough to need to aspire to McCown levels of badness.

If Bowles starts them he’s signaling to the team that he’s no longer trying to win games so why should they.

I think Bowles has done a reasonable job this year with the roster he’s been given.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mcown is having a career season isnt he?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Starting to really love seeing Gase get outcoached then subsequently throw more players under the bus.

Nov 6, 2002

What did he say this week?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Petty and Hackenberg don’t start because the entire team knows that they’re trash QBs who aren’t and probably will never be as good as a 38 year old journeyman bad QB. Like they’re bad enough to need to aspire to McCown levels of badness.

If Bowles starts them he’s signaling to the team that he’s no longer trying to win games so why should they.

I think Bowles has done a reasonable job this year with the roster he’s been given.

The Jets roster is substantially better than everybody, including myself, thought. They should have more wins than they do. Too many dumb mistakes and 4th quarter collapses.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

mcmagic posted:

The Jets roster is substantially better than everybody, including myself, thought. They should have more wins than they do. Too many dumb mistakes and 4th quarter collapses.

And a sprinkle of jobbing by the refs

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Under/over 2.5 more jets touchdowns reversed by the head office this season?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffa...wing_scene.html

You can use your dark magic to force him to do unspeakable acts of evil, you can take what is noble and pure and twist, pervert and corrupt it but New England ...you can never destroy the soul of a true Buffalonian.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If Gronk was on the Bills he'd probably be out in the parking lot before game smashing flaming tables with the fans.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Gronk on the Bills during the Rex Ryan era would have been the craziest seasons ever.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Gronk was on the Bills he'd probably be out in the parking lot before game smashing flaming tables with the fans.

What pro wrestling finisher would Gronk use on them?

"Bro, it's just a diamond cutter, it's no big deal!"

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If he gets to wear the arm brace, I can totally picture Gronk using The People’s Elbow.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i never knew gronk was frpm buffalo but now that i know that theres no place that fits him more

Nov 6, 2002

evilweasel posted:

theres no place that fits him more

Panama City Beach

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lmao these jets dbs are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

I'm greatly enjoying that the Jets need to score every touchdown twice, this is a cool and great precedent that is making the sport better

• Locked thread