Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Just use batoto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
But it's unfamiliar and thus inferior.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I find a lot of manga websites a lot easier to put up with by running noscript (with default blacklisting), ublock origin (with as many filters as I feel are relevant), and using the Manga Loader userscript with GreaseMonkey (Firefox), Tampermonkey (Chrome), or whatever else handles client javascript for your browser of choice.
Having said that, it can take a bit of finagling to get to work right if you insist on using all of them together on Firefox Quantum.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

...or I can use Batoto and not have to do all that?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Who doesn't already have ublock and noscript on every browser they're available for?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Seriously though, regardless of where you read your comics if your adblocker can't handle kissmanga by itself you should probably find a better one.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Schubalts posted:

Who doesn't already have ublock and noscript on every browser they're available for?

Happy Birthday by ymz is completely scanned now. I think I may have posted about it earlier but it's a very relaxed slice of life shounen-ai about three friends. Same author as Goodbye, Heron which is excellent, very chill and somewhat bittersweet. Labradorescence and Hi-Fi Rendezvous have both been really good so far as well if you aren't opposed to following the ongoing scans.

ymz is becoming one of my favorite artists; she has a really distinctive style that's very expressive

https://twitter.com/ymzzzzzz/status/692794252556775424

https://twitter.com/zz_ym/status/884371920942006273

https://twitter.com/zz_ym/status/801814315875450880

https://twitter.com/zz_ym/status/740566311999143937

https://twitter.com/ymzzzzzz/status/733359626490548224

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 25, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Waci posted:

Seriously though, regardless of where you read your comics if your adblocker can't handle kissmanga by itself you should probably find a better one.
It's not the ads, it's scripts running on various domains. Both Adblock Plus and ublock would/did not prevent garbage in this scenario.

Using Noscript and/or Scriptsafe makes kissmanga navigate-able so I would recommend using them anyway as a general internet browsing best practice, but IMO the best contingency is to do so and pair it with browsing sites not known to run malicious code. Kissmanga has been known to do this, batoto hasn't, so why not use the one that's earned that good will? Kissmanga is also known for some sketchy behavior with how it pulls chapters from other hosting/scanlator sites anyway.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Because until this conversation I had no idea about these supposedly-constant problems that make kissmanga unusable for some people, and because batoto is incredibly annoying to use without logging in which kinda discourages doing so.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I read manga using Mangarock on my kindle which sometimes fails to load pages but works 80% of the time. Then I use batoto which I have a free account so I can follow my series when they don't offer downloads. The ideal scenario is that I can download several vol at once then I can read dual-pages on my main monitor using an custom comic viewer program from 2007 which has special settings depending on how the files are packed. It's my favorite program next to MS Office.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Waci posted:

Because until this conversation I had no idea about these supposedly-constant problems that make kissmanga unusable for some people, and because batoto is incredibly annoying to use without logging in which kinda discourages doing so.

I've logged into batoto once, like two and a half years ago or so, when i set up that account.

You know you can, like... stay logged in? Right?

What exactly is the annoying part?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The reason why I suggested Manga Loader is that it lets you use basically any site, with noscript enabled for anything besides the site itself (since, to my knowledge, all the issues with various manga sites usually stem from 3rd party scripts).
As a bonus, it also means that the layout always looks the same.

If I could actually see properly, I'd probably use my Kindle - but that's not really an option.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah Manga Loader is super rad.

Couple of Kaguya chapters: 87, 88

That certainly took a turn I wasn't expecting :stare:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
:wtc: They hinted at something bad in Ishigami's past but I didn't expect it to get all Persona 5

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
drat, sudden swerve into the author's first manga territory.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

HenryEx posted:

I've logged into batoto once, like two and a half years ago or so, when i set up that account.

You know you can, like... stay logged in? Right?

What exactly is the annoying part?

Huh? Once you've registered I'm sure it's a perfectly pleasant site to use. I was just responding to a question about why would I use something else by saying my first experience with it (you know, before registering) was annoying so I never saw a reason to register in the first place.

Nate RFB posted:

:stonk: Well then. I was absolutely expecting it to just be him being an awkward dumbass.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I tried to use noscript but it made me unable to watch a grown man play Warcraft 3 on twitch so I disabled it.

If you want some extra protection you can install Spybot, besides scanning for various -ware it can immunize your browsers from a lot of that crap too.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Chapter 88

:stonk: indeed, dude's got a past and a half.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah Manga Loader is super rad.

Couple of Kaguya chapters: 87, 88

...yeah holy poo poo did not expect this.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Waci posted:

I'd rather use batoto than ever use kissmanga, even if I had to log in to batoto manually every single time.

Lucky for me, cookies exist. Seriously, making a batoto account was a decision I have never once regretted.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
So in Kaguya, why is everybody back to being first- and second-years? That whole arc about the election was because they were going to be third-years and have no time to run things, right?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is it just me or does the main character from Komi-san wa Komyusho desu look a lot like the main character from Koi wa Ameagari no You ni?

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Mirage posted:

So in Kaguya, why is everybody back to being first- and second-years? That whole arc about the election was because they were going to be third-years and have no time to run things, right?

Ishigami was at least a year younger, Kaguya and Shirogane are 3rd years?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
JFC Ishigami :stonk:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I'm trusting that this is all preparation for a grand redemption moment because jfc otherwise that's pretty drat dark.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

cant believe the cheer captain being faceless was a plot point

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kuragehime is dead long live Kuragehime

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
did it get cancelled or did it have a proper ending

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

The Kuragehime manga got a proper ending. It's fairly rushed, but good. I am happy with it.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
spoil if the right love interest won and if they suddenly became a man in winning or not

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

spoil if the right love interest won and if they suddenly became a man in winning or not

Not really it's basically TBC...

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

As it turns out, everyone is a man, and every love interest won because they're all going to live together in their free love hippie commune/fashion and manga sweatshop.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New Namaikizakari chapter out and I also read some spoilers/raw summaries and they finally do it in ch71 lol
I think everyone ending up in college together is looking a lot more likely, there's a lot more story to tell here and I'm starting to get invested in the neighbor's romance so I hope they get focus next (once that big development in the next couple of chapters is out of the way lol)

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Wow how did I see this coming perfectly

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
All I see is a beautiful lesbian couple

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The siblings are literally like "why don't we just both live with her" which is p funny

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
What's are some really good and really gay mangas to read? Yuri or BL are both cool, I'm just in the mood for something overtly gay.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

tweet my meat posted:

What's are some really good and really gay mangas to read? Yuri or BL are both cool, I'm just in the mood for something overtly gay.

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/bright_and_cheery_amnesia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lily is very much not having anyone's poo poo.

I love yona

E: also it's now clear that the civil war is probably going to be triggered by a botch job assassination by Ky-Shook. Yona's supporters will blame Soo-won and we'll be off to the races.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 28, 2017