Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
Is it even legal for a romance anime to be this adorable? Seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

Need a gif of Moriko's character slowly pushing Sakurai's offscreen with her excitement.

Edit: Agh why is it not next week right now.

https://i.imgur.com/SFjcCJH.gifv

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You've done god's work, friend.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

MMO! MMO! MMO! MMO!

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 28, 2017

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I should have waited until this finished instead of watching it all todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Liver Disaster posted:

I should have waited until this finished instead of watching it all todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Welcome to our hell. :devil:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
add me to the ranks of people literally yelling at the screen between the two attempts to tell her

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Next Episode: *Sakurai wakes up* "It was all a dream?!?"

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Next Episode: *Sakurai wakes up* "It was all a dream?!?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4nb4rSZr6Q&t=97s

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Liver Disaster posted:

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I have to admit I probably would appreciate this anime more if I saw everything at the end of the season.

But I didn't so here's to waiting, friends. :cheers:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

There was a small detail from this ep that I don't think they showed here, but in the manga, their call went on for 18m or so. :allears:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Goddammit Japan, now I want to play an MMO

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Jackard posted:

Goddammit Japan, now I want to play an MMO

No you don't. You want to chase the feeling MMOs used to give you when you were younger, but inevitably it will feel hollow and unsatisfying. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
sigh well meeting women at bars, church, school, work, tindr, e-harmony and grindr didn't work... maybe I should give mmos a shot.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
MMOs are terrible for dating.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

No you don't. You want to chase the feeling MMOs used to give you when you were younger, but inevitably it will feel hollow and unsatisfying. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.
Like the show, I was roleplaying online through Neverwinter Nights or various MMOs but you can't really find that anymore - population just isnt there

Jackard fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Nov 29, 2017

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

Correct even though FFXIV is 100x better than F2P games the feeling is never the same :sigh:

Mordaedil posted:

Plz don't attempt to date your mmo friends because trust me it's a bad idea.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Friend of mine met his wife playing WoW and now they're married with like four kids

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Maybe we'll see a virtual reality mmo once that technology advances/cheapens enough

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Jackard posted:

Like the show, I was roleplaying online through Neverwinter Nights or various MMOs but you can't really find that anymore - population just isnt there

There might be a revival in NWN with the release of the Enhanced Edition. It already has the functionality of allowing you to pick new base classes in character creation and they plan to add more functions.

The graphics are still bad as ever.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Mordaedil posted:

I met 3 girls via MMOs, one was a casual fling but the other two turned into fairly long relationships (moved in with one of them) so

The phone call where Moromori is wiggling around as a :kimchi: little moeblob is painfully accurate

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Beasteh posted:

I met 3 girls via MMOs, one was a casual fling but the other two turned into fairly long relationships (moved in with one of them) so

The phone call where Moromori is wiggling around as a :kimchi: little moeblob is painfully accurate

I mean, I've had good experiences personally too, but on a general level I don't think it'll work out for you if you go in expecting it to work as a dating service.

The only way it works is if you don't have ulterior motives going in.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Don't be that guy thats just a little too friendly with female players and end up being overly clingy and creepy when theyre not interested!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Play MMOs alone and never talk to anyone, like me.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

chumbler posted:

Play MMOs alone and never talk to anyone, like me.

What's the appeal then?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

There Bias Two posted:

What's the appeal then?

The market board.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Play MMOs to replace real life socialization, oh god, I’m so lonely :cry:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Pollyanna posted:

Play MMOs to replace real life socialization, oh god, I’m so lonely :cry:

Don't fret too much, it's an epidemic right now.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

sigh well meeting women at bars, church, school, work, tindr, e-harmony and grindr didn't work... maybe I should give mmos a shot.

Eharmony wouldn't accept me. Based on the results of their personality test, they threw up a flash screen like "You're one of the 5% of people who will never find love, so gently caress off we don't even want your money".

Really helped my self-esteem, that.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Kytrarewn posted:

Eharmony wouldn't accept me. Based on the results of their personality test, they threw up a flash screen like "You're one of the 5% of people who will never find love, so gently caress off we don't even want your money".

At least there is anime.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Kytrarewn posted:

Wait seriously? That's super hosed up. Couldn't they at least match you with the other 5% of statistical outliers?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

best way to succeed at dating is to get therapy.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ElMaligno posted:

best way to succeed at dating is to get therapy.

You shouldn't date your therapist

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

There Bias Two posted:

You shouldn't date your therapist

It is extremely unprofessional to date your therapist. but it will help you date other people, so its a win-win situation.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Kytrarewn posted:

Holy poo poo. I didn’t know they would do that. Crazy.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Agronox posted:

Holy poo poo. I didn’t know they would do that. Crazy.

Yeah, according to an interview with the founder in USA Today their rejection rate used to be as high as 16%:

quote:

Weed-outs include people under eHarmony's 21-year-old age limit and those whom the site decides are lying on the test. It also removes those believed to have certain types of emotional instability, such as "obstreperousness" (they just can't be pleased) and depression, because "depression is pretty highly correlated with emotional problems," Warren says.

Also, they refused to provide any services for gay people until they lost a lawsuit over it.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Xun posted:

Don't be that guy thats just a little too friendly with female players and end up being overly clingy and creepy when theyre not interested!

Basically reasons to never join any kind of guild/group activity. It's always going to be 5:100 and it's horrible.

There Bias Two posted:

What's the appeal then?

Collecting clothes and pets. I like the unique maps and dungeons.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Alder posted:

Basically reasons to never join any kind of guild/group activity. It's always going to be 5:100 and it's horrible.
..? What kind of guilds are you familiar with, zergs? Those only appeal to certain people, and how are you supposed to enjoy group activities if there's a huge crowd?

Jackard fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 30, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Alder posted:

Collecting clothes

Yeah it's basically this for me. Until there is a Soul Calibur 6 mmos are the only avenue for being a pretty princess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Jackard posted:

..? What kind of guilds are you familiar with, zergs? Those only appeal to certain people, and how are you supposed to enjoy group activities if there's a huge crowd?

I've been playing FFXIV for 3+ yrs and I've joined small and large FC during my time and it's fun until it's not. The anime goes over it well how if people assume you're a woman who plays games you get endless invites and chats from strangers based off that alone. This will never change ever unless you tell people you're married and even then it won't stop creepers.

For most group work we have Duty/Party Finders and I play all 3 roles so I'm self-sufficient. Typically, I played MMOs w/my online friends but as we get older we run into IRL obstacles so I'm a soloist.

• Locked thread