Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

It's also because Brees is game managing the poo poo outta the Saints, and not in a bad way. Watch him run that offense and put everyone in the right position and not only get it to the open guy but to the correct open guy. And then the runs they draw up are beautiful. It's goddamn masterful and forget the Rams or Eagles, the Saints are my favorite offense to watch. Brees is putting on a clinic this season.

Yep and it shows up 0% in the fantasy stats. You're killing me Brees!! Start garbage timing it up again gently caress!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Doltos posted:

Yep and it shows up 0% in the fantasy stats. You're killing me Brees!! Start garbage timing it up again gently caress!!

I luckily traded Brees to the Rodgers guy when he got hurt. That was before everyone realized he wasn’t going to be a gunslinger this year.

Turned around and grabbed Goff off the WW and my team actually started winning.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I still have him, everything on the WW is bad.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

:suicide:

I swear one of these weeks I will loving learn to stop doubting Adams' ability to score points even without A-A-Ron.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Doltos posted:

Yeah I just can't trust Brees this year. Better to roll with someone like Keenan or McCown.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

:suicide:

I swear one of these weeks I will loving learn to stop doubting Adams' ability to score points even without A-A-Ron.

Hopefully you think Rudolph has a better floor than any Washington TE as well.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Alfalfa posted:

Hopefully you think Rudolph has a better floor than any Washington TE as well.

The Giants are poo poo garbage against TEs and Davis has been good the last couple of weeks. I need to stop trying to be smart.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I'm up a little more than 3 pts with just Woodhead to go and my opponent is done. I am contemplating sitting him and leaving the slot empty even though it's extremely unlikely that he will fumble twice and then do nothing. Is that unsporting? Or otherwise lame? Win and I'm in the playoffs situation here.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Epi Lepi posted:

I'm up a little more than 3 pts with just Woodhead to go and my opponent is done. I am contemplating sitting him and leaving the slot empty even though it's extremely unlikely that he will fumble twice and then do nothing. Is that unsporting? Or otherwise lame? Win and I'm in the playoffs situation here.

Lame, yes. However, it’s your team and if you feel like that’s your best option (and it might be, 3 points is a mighty stat correction) then go for it.

Are you fighting for positioning or anything? First round bye maybe?

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Well going into the regular final week in my BML here are the current records of the teams in my 4 team division (3 divisions of 4)....

8-4
8-4
8-4
8-4

We all play each other this week, and there is a solid chance the entire division makes the 6 team playoff field. All 4 teams can still win the division (our tiebreaker is total points) The division leaders of the other two divisions are 7-5, and one of which has already won the division.

It is going to be a long final week.

Oh and the 1-10 team beat the 3-8 team 161-157, both of them outscoring all but 1 team in the rest of the league by 25+.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Epi Lepi posted:

This late in the year you can make a good evaluation as to whether the points scored will factor into your playoff hopes. If it's tight roll woodhead, if not, sure bench him.

Also is it PPR? He will more than likely need two catches to fumble twice, so even in hppr he would need three catch-fumvles

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

Beware stat corrections. It's unusual but not impossible you could lose three or more points from your current score due to stat corrections (or a net three+ points between you and your opponent).

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Play Woodhead. He will not score -3 points.

My opponent stat corrected 4 points last week. We have non-traditional defensive scoring (yardage counts, and his D/ST was corrected to 200-299 yards allowed from 300-399, which is worth 3 points), so that's not common, but it's way more likely than Woodhead scoring -3, even with more normal scoring.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Chernabog posted:

I still have him, everything on the WW is bad.

Same. I'm hoping either this week or next week Brees randomly goes off again but my undisputed best scoring team in the league is about to miss the playoffs mainly because of him.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

My opponent stat corrected 4 points last week. We have non-traditional defensive scoring (yardage counts, and his D/ST was corrected to 200-299 yards allowed from 300-399, which is worth 3 points), so that's not common, but it's way more likely than Woodhead scoring -3, even with more normal scoring.

Oh yeah I forgot about bonuses. That definitely plays in if a small yardage decrease can result in lsing a bonus

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
I got 30.7 points from Keenan Allen, 25.6 from Jamison Crowder, and 35.8 from Alvin Kamara, and I still get eliminated from playoff contention if I don't get 22+ points from Danny Woodhead tonight because the god damned Tampa Bay Buccaneers have made it their mission to screw me at every opportunity this season, their latest gently caress You coming in the form of allowing Julio Jones to drop 50 loving points against their poo poo team.

I am officially mad at fantasy football

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Josh Gordon back. Been stashing him for 3 weeks now. He's totally going in my lineup over Hogan/Doctson for shits and giggles.

Kizer's gonna make it rain y'all.

Or not, because Browns.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Gobias Ind. posted:

I hate cutoffs like that. I was in a 2 or 3-point game recently and ended up losing because my DST gave up a 4-yard run on the last play :rolleyes:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

dphi posted:

I hate cutoffs like that. I was in a 2 or 3-point game recently and ended up losing because my DST gave up a 4-yard run on the last play :rolleyes:

Me too.

IMO Field Goals and defensive stats should be on a per yard basis too.

A 39 yarder and 40 yarder shouldn't be a 1 point difference. Award 3.9 points for a 39 yard field goal. Yahoo doesn't allow this, which I hate. Not sure about other sites.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Josh Gordon back. Been stashing him for 3 weeks now. He's totally going in my lineup over Hogan/Doctson for shits and giggles.

Kizer's gonna make it rain y'all.

Or not, because Browns.

He's gonna make Kizer look like Case Keenum!

...is my desperate hail mary end of season strategy :negative:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Santheb posted:

Lame, yes. However, it’s your team and if you feel like that’s your best option (and it might be, 3 points is a mighty stat correction) then go for it.

Are you fighting for positioning or anything? First round bye maybe?

I’m ahead of my opponent by 6 with only my Hopkins to go, and I’m playing him for the reason you state - our league is top-heavy with 7 teams fighting for three playoff spots. The tie-breaker is Total PF. It’s going to be a photo finish.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Are any of the goon dynasty leagues for money?

If so which ones (hard to tell just going through threads), and is there a link to get on the waitlist?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Our league (I Played What for Who?) is for money, but not very much money. Annual dues are $32, $25 goes in the pot and the rest covers the MFL league fees. We don't have a waiting list but we've had one or two dropouts each year so it's likely we'll need someone next year.

Here's our league thread, the OP is out of date but feel free to post.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
I've got Julio Jones, Brandon Cooks, Tyreek Hill, Devin Funchess, Adam Thielen, and Josh Gordon for recievers. My RB's have died, so I really have to start 4 of these guys. Theres no way josh gordon cracks the top 4 here next week in a must win game to get me to the playoffs right?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
No you should not in any world play the guy in the dysfunctional offense who hasn't played in like 26 years and was not productive the last time he did play over any of 3 of the best WRs this season or one of the hottest WRs lately (Funchess) or even over Hill if you need a home run shot.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Crunkjuice posted:

I've got Julio Jones, Brandon Cooks, Tyreek Hill, Devin Funchess, Adam Thielen, and Josh Gordon for recievers. My RB's have died, so I really have to start 4 of these guys. Theres no way josh gordon cracks the top 4 here next week in a must win game to get me to the playoffs right?

Starting Josh Gordon is the equivalent of getting drunk and booty-calling an ex-girlfriend you haven't seen since junior high school. Sure, there's a nonzero chance she might have ended up hot, but in reality you know you'll wake up the morning after and regret everything.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 28, 2017

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Ok, Bill Simmons.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Bad sex is still better than no sex. The bad sex being Funchess the no sex being Gordon I hoped this analogy was as good for you as it was for me.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Team fighting to make the playoffs just lost Crabtree to suspension and his only other WRs are Tate, Sanders, and Maclin in .5ppr. He offered me Gurley for Hopkins and Mixon. My other wide receivers are Fitz, Jeffery, and Anderson. I feel like I take this? I have the #1 seed wrapped up and Hopkins week 15/16 suck @jax and vs pit.

Edit: I also have Gronk and Ertz and flex a TE.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Frustrated posted:

Team fighting to make the playoffs just lost Crabtree to suspension and his only other WRs are Tate, Sanders, and Maclin in .5ppr. He offered me Gurley for Hopkins and Mixon. My other wide receivers are Fitz, Jeffery, and Anderson. I feel like I take this? I have the #1 seed wrapped up and Hopkins week 15/16 suck @jax and vs pit.

Edit: I also have Gronk and Ertz and flex a TE.

You are watching this game and saying that Hopkins will have a bad matchup at the same time.

Take a look at all the “bad matchups” he was supposed to have this season.

I wouldn’t do that trade.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

You are watching this game and saying that Hopkins will have a bad matchup at the same time.

Take a look at all the “bad matchups” he was supposed to have this season.

I wouldn’t do that trade.

I guess my point is, I only have to worry about weeks 15/16 and I'm only playing two WRs. Jeffery gets @NYG and Oak, while Fitz gets @Wsh and NYG. I think I can live with those guys and Gurley feels like a big upgrade over Mixon who gets @Min in weeks 15 then Det 16(which is easy enough, but have to get through week 15 first).

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Frustrated posted:

I guess my point is, I only have to worry about weeks 15/16 and I'm only playing two WRs. Jeffery gets @NYG and Oak, while Fitz gets @Wsh and NYG. I think I can live with those guys and Gurley feels like a big upgrade over Mixon who gets @Min in weeks 15 then Det 16(which is easy enough, but have to get through week 15 first).

E: Do you have a bye for Weeks 13 and 14?

We still have two weeks before that scenario plays out. Are you confident playing Jeffery and Fitzgerald against SEA, LAR and LAR, TEN when Hopkins plays against TEN and SF?

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

E: Do you have a bye for Weeks 13 and 14?

We still have two weeks before that scenario plays out. Are you confident playing Jeffery and Fitzgerald against SEA, LAR and LAR, TEN when Hopkins plays against TEN and SF?

I've got the #1 seed locked up, so week 13 doesn't matter for me, and I have a bye week 14.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Frustrated posted:

I've got the #1 seed locked up, so week 13 doesn't matter for me, and I have a bye week 14.

That make more sense. While i still see Hopkins as virtually matchup-proof, a swap for Gurley could be very helpful down the stretch. While he has his lowest performing game against SEA, it won’t be the same defense as before.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

In a 14 team league, but only 4 playoff spots, which sucks a lot. League manager likes two week long playoff games, so that means only enough time for two rounds and no byes. Despite being 12/14 in points, I am somehow tied in the rankings for the #4 spot with two other teams. Obviously, since my points are so low, I am currently sitting out of the playoffs, but I actually feel I have a 50/50 chance to sneak in 4th if I win, and the two other teams lose.

One team has Crabtree, and I just played them this past week. Only reason I won was because of his suspension, and he has no one really good to back him up and is playing the best team in the league. Second team, and me are both playing middle of the road teams with roughly even scoring, so both games are tossups.

Only question for me right now is which of my not so great choices do I stick in my last WR slot.

TY Hilton @ Jax
Jermaine Kearse vs. KC
Paul Richardson vs. Phi
Travis Benjamin vs. Cle

No PPR, and currently leaning Kearse, but I feel this is mostly a coin toss.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

In a 14 team league, but only 4 playoff spots, which sucks a lot. League manager likes two week long playoff games, so that means only enough time for two rounds and no byes. Despite being 12/14 in points, I am somehow tied in the rankings for the #4 spot with two other teams. Obviously, since my points are so low, I am currently sitting out of the playoffs, but I actually feel I have a 50/50 chance to sneak in 4th if I win, and the two other teams lose.

One team has Crabtree, and I just played them this past week. Only reason I won was because of his suspension, and he has no one really good to back him up and is playing the best team in the league. Second team, and me are both playing middle of the road teams with roughly even scoring, so both games are tossups.

Only question for me right now is which of my not so great choices do I stick in my last WR slot.

TY Hilton @ Jax
Jermaine Kearse vs. KC
Paul Richardson vs. Phi
Travis Benjamin vs. Cle

No PPR, and currently leaning Kearse, but I feel this is mostly a coin toss.

1) That’s a horrible sounding league
2) There is a separate thread for sit/start
3) Since you typed out such a long post, I’d go with Kearse*

*unless The FF Savior is still on the WW

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yea it sucks. I got pissed at him because he asked me if I wanted to join and I said sure, but only if it was a 10 person league. Next thing I know it's 14 people and I didn't want to back out on him because he's a friend. Didn't even realize the playoffs would suck this much until the league started though.

I don't know who the FF savior is, but I guarantee he's not on waivers. Anyone worth anything has been snatched up.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Yea it sucks. I got pissed at him because he asked me if I wanted to join and I said sure, but only if it was a 10 person league. Next thing I know it's 14 people and I didn't want to back out on him because he's a friend. Didn't even realize the playoffs would suck this much until the league started though.

I don't know who the FF savior is, but I guarantee he's not on waivers. Anyone worth anything has been snatched up.

14 teams is fine, but only 4 playoff spots stinks.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Board that time machine, set the dial to 2014, it's the Josh Gordon show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

*unless The FF Savior is still on the WW

I’d pick up Seth Roberts. Not necessarily play him, but at least have him leading up into Week 13. It could be a good defensive move against the Crabtree owner if he’s also thin at replacement-level flex options.

• Locked thread