Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

R.D. Mangles posted:

bears are going to hire hue jackson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Hundley looked good tonight, is Fat Mike actually good at coaching up QBs?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

The X-man cometh posted:

Hundley looked good tonight, is Fat Mike actually good at coaching up QBs?

Hundley will poo poo the bed next week. He looked good in the Bears game and regressed horribly for the Ravens game. Time is a flat circle.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm so loving all about the Packers season dying for good because they tied the game with too much time left on the clock and allowed a last second FG.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Keep in mind the Bears beat the Steelers.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dexo posted:

And the Packers swept the Bears. The NFL is weird.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Biggest Busts? You mean the dude that had injury problems?

That didn't previously have injury problems in college that I can remember.

Kevin White has been unlucky as all hell.

And Pace's job isn't to make the players better, that's on the garbage coaching staff that John Fox has full control over on the offensive side at least.

You mean those "shin splints" they told us he had for a couple months?

Even when he's healthy, he looks terrible. Doesn't know how to run a route and can't catch for poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dexo posted:

The Steeler are the most inconsistent team.

Like they never play the same way week to week.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Dexo posted:

And the elite Ravens defense.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

VJeff posted:

This is my Hot Take About The Lions: We're in what, year 2 of General Manager Bob Quinn? Since they ditched Lombardi and then Mayhew, I think the Lions have slowly, bit by bit, gotten better. There's still the ridiculous unforced errors here and there and I don't know enough about football to say if that's down to talent or scheme. I think there's a ton of holes on the defense and Ameer Abdullah is, uh, not the answer at RB, but this team is still on balance, trending upwards and there's a lot more to be hopeful for than there was with, for example, Schwartz and Mayhew.

I don't wanna sound like I'm settling for mediocrity, but. They've beaten the teams they should be beating this year, in my estimation and some of those wins fell down the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, but they're still wins. If they lose a bunch of these super winnable games down the stretch and wind up like 8-8 or 7-9, then yeah, I'll be pissed but for now I'm just kinda. I dunno. Trying to give Quinn and Caldwell the benefit of the doubt.

Basically, I kinda like Caldwell and Schwartz was a nightmare and I don't wanna go back to how terrible things were under him.

Ha ha, 2011 was fun, wasn't it....

I can't for the Lions to assemble a solid all-round team just in time for Matt Stafford to get old and fall off a cliff

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Niwrad posted:

You mean those "shin splints" they told us he had for a couple months?

As far as I recall, the shin issues didn't manifest until training camp.

While Kevin White is a bust, injury busts have to be judged differently than ability busts. We just never got a good enough look at White to make the latter determination.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

fishing with the fam posted:

As far as I recall, the shin issues didn't manifest until training camp.

While Kevin White is a bust, injury busts have to be judged differently than ability busts. We just never got a good enough look at White to make the latter determination.

yeah we did he loving sucked in the games he played.

also trubs is regressing. all hope is lost

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The dude has played in five NFL games. That's why he is a bust. It's not enough games to make any judgement on ability as a player though.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Last night the Packers defense forced three turnovers and Martinez and Daniels played with their heads on fire.

The Packers still give up 31 points.

Fire Capers.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Thanks Bears for tilting Damarious Randall so hard he started to play like a decent corner again. Really happy for him and so glad to see he's been able to turn a disappointing start into a good season. Capers sucks but at least he's figured out where Randall fits in the scheme.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Haha, Morgan, Damarious (he’s had an outstanding second half of the year), Kenny Clark has been amazing, DBak, Bulaga, Linsley... there’s a ton of talent on the roster

Missing Kenny Clark really hurts and it showed last night. Some of the bigger plays the Steelers made, Bell in particular, don't happen if Clark is on the line. Hell, I'd even go as far as to say that we win that game with him playing.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 27, 2017

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Fenrir posted:

Missing Kenny Clark really hurts and it showed last night.

Agreed totally. That extra attention inside opens up the lane for so much on the exterior. We really couldn't run any decent blitz packages. Like always, and even moreso now with Blake and KC, this defense is 1 exterior pass rusher away from being above average. Of the 11 starters, more than half are somewhere between good and great and exterior pass rush could elevate the D to the next level.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Also, Morgan Burnett loving owns and I'd love to see what he is truly capable of in a better scheme with a better coordinator.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Agreed totally. That extra attention inside opens up the lane for so much on the exterior. We really couldn't run any decent blitz packages. Like always, and even moreso now with Blake and KC, this defense is 1 exterior pass rusher away from being above average. Of the 11 starters, more than half are somewhere between good and great and exterior pass rush could elevate the D to the next level.

poo poo, if the Packers had a genuine outside pass rush, we could win games even with Hundley. The secondary is good but when a QB has like a year and a half in the pocket, you're going to give up big plays.

E: also, I know he got burnt by Antonio Brown last night (who doesn't get burnt by that guy) but Kevin King is looking like an eventual all pro corner. I'm very impressed with what he's done so far.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 27, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fenrir posted:

Also, Morgan Burnett loving owns and I'd love to see what he is truly capable of in a better scheme with a better coordinator.

You be careful what you loving wish for! Burnett's contract is up this offseason and I'm worried the FO will let him walk like they did with Hayward and Hyde.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

In fact the Packers 2018 offseason looks like it'll involve some tough decisions.

Players who are up for free agency:
Morgan Burnett
Ahmad Brooks
Davon House
Jahri Evans
Davante Adams
Brett Goode
Quinton Dial
Richard Rodgers
Corey Linsley
Demetri Goodson
Jeff Janis

I'd give Davante a six year contract, and Linsley and Burnett four-year contracts each. I could see the front office giving Brooks and House another one-year contract, though I think House will be pushing for something longer and might leave the team to get a longer contract elsewhere. Janis should be brought back at the veteran minimum or slighly higher, he's of little worth as a receiver but valuable on special teams. Rodgers is a quality backup and a good blocker, bring him back on a 3 year contract for cheap. Goode will probably be resigned, though I think the Packers will be looking at replacements again. Evans and Goodson are gone.

To pay for Tae/Linsley/Burnett I think it's going to be necessary that the Packers restructure/cut/trade Matthews and Cobb. Both contracts expire after 2018. Matthews costs us 11.4M next year, Cobb 12.75M. Both are worth more around the 6-7M range. We also have a lot of dead money on the books for the next two seasons thanks to Martellus Bennett, though fortunately Shields's 3M is being cleared.

Looming above all this is Rodgers's contract, which comes up after 2019. He's getting 21M and probably deserves 28-30. Some other notable 2019 free agents: Clay/Cobb (as mentioned above), Jordy, HHCD

In 2018 we'll have $140M of active contracts plus $4M dead money (Marty B) for $144M. The salary cap is going to be somewhere around (2015 $151, 2016 $163, 2017 $175) $188 million dollars, so we have 44M to work with. With that money we need to resign three important players who will probably run us about $25M altogether. That leaves $19M for free agency, rookies, and the other players above with their contracts coming up. That's not too too much room.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rich_Campbell/status/935232223095218176

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/935248962822594561

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Fox losing the locker room is basically the least-surprising thing in recorded history.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really hope the argument was about sushi.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Lose a game 31-3? Eh, it happens. Gotta move on.

Sitting through hours of tape awash in the smell of rotting fish? Now we have a problem.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Behind the scenes: the Vikings intercepted the food order and replaced sushi with lutefisk

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
randy moss ordered catering for them.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Remember when a caterer got Randy Moss fired? lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Remember when a caterer got Randy Moss fired? lol

Remember when you wouldn't pay up? :colbert:

Nov 6, 2002

You can't make a toxx for someone else my friend. Also Sam Bradford threw 11 passes after that and went on IR, meanwhile Bridgewater has yet to take a snap let alone start a game, so I'm not really sure what you're crowing about.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

You can't make a toxx for someone else my friend. Also Sam Bradford threw 11 passes after that and went on IR, meanwhile Bridgewater has yet to take a snap let alone start a game, so I'm not really sure what you're crowing about.

I simply agreed to the terms of your bet, but I suppose it's not shocking that a Pats fan would try to avoid punishment for breaking them.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

There is a dead body being covered up

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Athanatos posted:

There is a dead body being covered up

Bobby Portis strikes again

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

IcePhoenix posted:

I simply agreed to the terms of your bet, but I suppose it's not shocking that a Pats fan would try to avoid punishment for breaking them.

I have no idea what this is about but this is pretty compelling evidence that whatever it is about, IcePhoenix is in the right.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

:agreed:

Nov 6, 2002

I made an off hand post doubting that Bradford or Bridgewater would be starters again and IcePhoneix created some kind of tontine or something where I now owe him money.

All I know is, it feels like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNGZo5gn_tc

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Link to the original posts so we can judge for ourselves.

Nov 6, 2002

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806817&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=28

You be the judge TFF. I don't think that constitutes a bet anymore than your childhood buddy shouting "you owe me a million dollars if you miss!" as you miss a free throw - and then he bugs you about it the rest of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm a big fan of all the knee jokes on that page I'll tell you that much for free.

• Locked thread