Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the only theory i need is the theory that gently caress you, binch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Ace of Baes posted:

im not a socdem im an ancom who literally co-founded a dsa chapter, looking down on socdems is super cringy and reminds of depressing trots patting each other on the back over how much theory theyve read

Trots dont read theory

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
let’s dissolve into tribal groups arguing about unapproachable theorycrafting to trigger the libs

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Top City Homo posted:

let’s dissolve into tribal groups arguing about unapproachable theorycrafting to trigger the libs

lol

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Top City Homo posted:

this but unironically

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Top City Homo posted:

Trots dont read theory

i guess they're cooler than i thought

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the trots at the college nearby got accosted by toilet paper USAers. i mentioned it pages ago but the crypto-fash showed up and went aggro on their meeting, and while they were getting tossed whipped out their phones to record them "being assaulted."

selective editing of course but the video went up on some far-right site and failed to go viral.

the shy, demure and bookish trot leader who took charge of the defenestration of the fash looked like fuckin lenin in the screengrab they used, however.

it was loving awesome. :3:

dictatorship of the teen etc.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
more like frotskyists

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Phi230 posted:

Having no theory to back up your practice just makes you a lib. All flailing no results

Good thing we have anime, then

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

this is a level beyond theory

i call it theory two

Zikan has issued a correction as of 20:24 on Nov 27, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/935242783727804423

empireofcrime
Nov 3, 2015

The crimes of this guilty land can never be purged away but with blood.
So I guess someone has beef with RL Stephens? https://t.co/O9tuSr6PTk

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

My understanding is that everyone who has ever worked with RL for more than a couple months has beef with him. Good politics, good ideas, lovely attitude.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

RL isn't handling this well

https://twitter.com/RLisDead/status/935243234112131074
https://twitter.com/RLisDead/status/935244777817362433

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

the shy, demure and bookish trot leader who took charge of the defenestration of the fash looked like fuckin lenin in the screengrab they used, however.

can u post this with an emoji covering their face or somethin? wanna see teen lenin ownin some fash.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

eat my rear end is a public threat of violence? lmao cmon

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

countdown to RL Fetonteing

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

eat my rear end is a public threat of violence? lmao cmon

a risible discussion, but i think what he was referring to was the "if I ever see him I'll punch him" part

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Annual Prophet posted:

a risible discussion, but i think what he was referring to was the "if I ever see him I'll punch him" part

ahhh okay good point

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

maybe don't air every beef on facebook and twitter, is what i think

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Must be extremely fun and rewarding to be a member of the Professional Online High Schooler Caucus

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm getting a sense that RL feels like he's being pushed out, which isn't a good look for us. Not sure if this was the thing he should have focused on, however.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

RL went on Trillbilly for the season finale and it was p much just him ranting for an hr or so, which was a bit weird.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

That is some aggressive language to just be throwing around because someone thought RL was rude and there are some clear racial dynamics in this situation that make me very uncomfortable with what that person said and how the one person to gently criticize it got treated.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Alt text:"Guy in leadership position constantly talks over female members in conference call"

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Pick your fighter, racism or mysogyny

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

GunnerJ posted:

That is some aggressive language to just be throwing around because someone thought RL was rude and there are some clear racial dynamics in this situation that make me very uncomfortable with what that person said and how the one person to gently criticize it got treated.

this post is sexist

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Alt text:"Guy in leadership position constantly talks over female members in conference call"

I don't actually know anything about how he acts in calls so I can't comment on that, but "I'm going to punch him if I see him" seems like a misguided at best response to that.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lots of people need to shut up abolish the NPC

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

an actual dog posted:

abolish the NPC

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

an actual dog posted:

abolish the NPC

That, i think, we can all agree on

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

an actual dog posted:

lots of people need to shut up abolish the NPC

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm trying to think of something the NPC does other than create huge personality clashes high up in the org, and the only thing I can think of is how Fetonte getting elected to it fixed Austin DSA, in a roundabout way lol

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Keep the NPC but only let cops on it

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

GunnerJ posted:

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

empireofcrime posted:

So I guess someone has beef with RL Stephens? https://t.co/O9tuSr6PTk

wait, fentonte was on this call?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

freckle posted:

wait, fentonte was on this call?

That is another interesting aspect of all this. What the gently caress?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The fetonte is coming from inside the drama

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

an actual dog posted:

I'm trying to think of something the NPC does other than create huge personality clashes high up in the org, and the only thing I can think of is how Fetonte getting elected to it fixed Austin DSA, in a roundabout way lol

I was pretty much writing this exact same post. What is the loving point of a National Embarrassment Committee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

NPC is mostly the loving boring drudgery that comes with running a growing political org, and I don't think that most of the new online folks understood that (myself included). People were elected without much in terms of a proven resume or record of good organizing.

I imagine that the next NPC elections will be very, very different. Lots of DSA chapters are producing high quality organizers with track records of success in a variety of fields (direct action, electoral, advocacy, media awareness) and should be able to crush existing NPC member who spent two years posting and talking poo poo about dumb internal fights no one cares about.