Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Between Bartz and Tidus OSB plus Cloud USB RW, I was able to roll over this Yojimbo JS battle so trivially, even though he silenced and killed my healer immediately after I got Protect up, before I could heal even once. Ramza's Chant bubbles enough to keep me alive long enough for those other two to deliver back to back Pent-9s while Tyro's OSB pretended to help after getting Wall off too.

It was much less of a hassle than last week's, for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, why didn't I realize earlier I picked up Tyro's wall at some point? That made Yojimbo a lot more manageable.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

acumen posted:

That's what I was saying shortly before the last fest, then pulled a Paladin Cecil USB and Terra USB. They held me for a bit but since I run a physical team starring a juiced up Ramza they're not that optimal, but are still my best offensive USBs. I'll have 200 mythril in FFTA to determine if I'm gonna keep playing.

E: although to be honest I just can't be assed to play anyways. I started week2 global and it's just getting tiring, especially with all the effortbosses there are nowadays. Plus I've just been enjoying FE: Heroes more.

Heroes is a cool game. There's a constant stream of free stuff and improvements. It's like three days since I grabbed a great free 5* unit from one of the game modes and we're getting a free top tier 5* unit tomorrow again.

A few months ago they released by far the best unit in the game that broke the meta and formed a new one single handedly. Heroes' Cloud USB if you will. They gave it to everyone for free.

But I don't want to start another gacha fight here so try it out if you feel like it maybe.

Back to FFRK.

The upcoming FFTA-1 banner is the best event banner we're getting until the OK god banner so if you're pulling for power here's where you want to go. One could argue it's even stronger than the next FFT banner featuring Orlando's Godly Excalibur which is in traditional TGCid fashion pretty pushed. Have a review.

Agrias USB. Enholy, single target -50 atk/mag, knight +15. As much as I hate to admit it as Agrias fanclub self nominated president this is not the relic we're looking for. It's good for the content breakdowns are eligible for. A strong + holy sword at least.

Marche USB. This is the next big thing. Single target enholy and 15 second EX-Mode that gives the usual atk+30 and hi-quickcast 1 to your front row after using a knight ability. Hi-quickcast is triple cast speed or TGMode speed if you will. Since you'll run this in a physical front row team your entire team's damage dealers have Thunder God's Might. Experiment putting your healer to front row too. Enjoy. The enemy won't for sure.

Ramza USB. atk/mag/def +30%. Oh and party instant cast 1, that part is kind of important. The buffs stack with everything else except one specific thing and giving your party powerchain is unbelievably powerful for every content currently available. A rather strong katana as a raw relic.

Ramza BSB2. Shout 2. Literally does everything shout does (party haste atk+50) except is faster to cast and has enholy and burst mode on top. One command is strong attack with no gauge gain and another is wrath. It's incredible but the value is diminished if you have Shout already. One thing to consider is that there are stronger party buffs on the way too so Ramza needs to if not give up the phys buffer crown then at least share it with OK and Quina a bit later.

Marche BSB. Single target, party atk/mag 30. CMD1 is a triplehit +15% knight for 3 turns. CMD2 is a 2hit sentinel. It's good but not the greatest. At least the commands have utility to go with the ability meta.

Agrias BSB. A dated but still decent BSB. AoE 4-hit imperil holy. Easily capable of clearing multitarget JS fights for you as the sole DPS. CMD1 is 2hit sentinel, CMD2 is 2hit res increase so you can just use CMD1 for the sentinel and go to Guardbringer mod to your imperiled target. It's +holy but unfortunately really weak since it's an old sword.

Meliadoul BSB. A strong but not incredible support BSB. Entry is random atk/def -50%. Commands are 2hit PBD and 2hit enemy atk/mag -20. Everything in this thing stacks together but unfortunately the debuffers are kind of shunned in the current meta.

Ramza LMR. Start every battle with full ATB and instant cast 1. Arguably the best LMR in the game. Incredibly versatile, absurdly powerful. RW instantly when the fight begins? Sure. Cast BSB2 giving everyone haste immediately? Sure. You get the point.

Agrias LMR. 25% chance to double cast knight (holy and earth coverage). It's extremely good.

Marche LMR. Knight damage +25% if using swords. You're always using swords. It's extremely good.

Marche SSB. Nurse is a weak % based medica with esuna and a defense buff. It's the 1/11 dream of this banner. Acceptable if you have no other CM heals but this is the one thing you don't want to see that liar Dr. Mog pull out of his weird space board thing.

Ramza SSB2. Chant gives stoneskin and improves your critical hit damage. This is a JS all star complementing Cloud USB strats well and a decent stat stick on its own.

SSBs are 2% the rest 1% chance to draw for a total of 14% 5* or better.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Heroes is a cool game. There's a constant stream of free stuff and improvements. It's like three days since I grabbed a great free 5* unit from one of the game modes and we're getting a free top tier 5* unit tomorrow again.

A few months ago they released by far the best unit in the game that broke the meta and formed a new one single handedly. Heroes' Cloud USB if you will. They gave it to everyone for free.

But I don't want to start another gacha fight here so try it out if you feel like it maybe.

Back to FFRK.

The upcoming FFTA-1 banner is the best event banner we're getting until the OK god banner so if you're pulling for power here's where you want to go. One could argue it's even stronger than the next FFT banner featuring Orlando's Godly Excalibur which is in traditional TGCid fashion pretty pushed. Have a review.

Agrias USB. Enholy, single target -50 atk/mag, knight +15. As much as I hate to admit it as Agrias fanclub self nominated president this is not the relic we're looking for. It's good for the content breakdowns are eligible for. A strong + holy sword at least.

Marche USB. This is the next big thing. Single target enholy and 15 second EX-Mode that gives the usual atk+30 and hi-quickcast 1 to your front row after using a knight ability. Hi-quickcast is triple cast speed or TGMode speed if you will. Since you'll run this in a physical front row team your entire team's damage dealers have Thunder God's Might. Experiment putting your healer to front row too. Enjoy. The enemy won't for sure.

Ramza USB. atk/mag/def +30%. Oh and party instant cast 1, that part is kind of important. The buffs stack with everything else except one specific thing and giving your party powerchain is unbelievably powerful for every content currently available. A rather strong katana as a raw relic.

Ramza BSB2. Shout 2. Literally does everything shout does (party haste atk+50) except is faster to cast and has enholy and burst mode on top. One command is strong attack with no gauge gain and another is wrath. It's incredible but the value is diminished if you have Shout already. One thing to consider is that there are stronger party buffs on the way too so Ramza needs to if not give up the phys buffer crown then at least share it with OK and Quina a bit later.

Marche BSB. Single target, party atk/mag 30. CMD1 is a triplehit +15% knight for 3 turns. CMD2 is a 2hit sentinel. It's good but not the greatest. At least the commands have utility to go with the ability meta.

Agrias BSB. A dated but still decent BSB. AoE 4-hit imperil holy. Easily capable of clearing multitarget JS fights for you as the sole DPS. CMD1 is 2hit sentinel, CMD2 is 2hit res increase so you can just use CMD1 for the sentinel and go to Guardbringer mod to your imperiled target. It's +holy but unfortunately really weak since it's an old sword.

Meliadoul BSB. A strong but not incredible support BSB. Entry is random atk/def -50%. Commands are 2hit PBD and 2hit enemy atk/mag -20. Everything in this thing stacks together but unfortunately the debuffers are kind of shunned in the current meta.

Ramza LMR. Start every battle with full ATB and instant cast 1. Arguably the best LMR in the game. Incredibly versatile, absurdly powerful. RW instantly when the fight begins? Sure. Cast BSB2 giving everyone haste immediately? Sure. You get the point.

Agrias LMR. 25% chance to double cast knight (holy and earth coverage). It's extremely good.

Marche LMR. Knight damage +25% if using swords. You're always using swords. It's extremely good.

Marche SSB. Nurse is a weak % based medica with esuna and a defense buff. It's the 1/11 dream of this banner. Acceptable if you have no other CM heals but this is the one thing you don't want to see that liar Dr. Mog pull out of his weird space board thing.

Ramza SSB2. Chant gives stoneskin and improves your critical hit damage. This is a JS all star complementing Cloud USB strats well and a decent stat stick on its own.

SSBs are 2% the rest 1% chance to draw for a total of 14% 5* or better.

Nice review, might be worth giving an early review of the FFT Orlandeau banner to compare and contrast the two from your perspective. I'm not sure many would argue that this one is stronger than the latter, but I'd be interested in your take on how.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Even doing the occasional gil daily, I still feel starved for gil all the time. Combining high level equipment or honing high level abilities is a huge gil sink.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

I'm not sure who to LD next. I haven't done a lot of the torments so I have enough motes sitting around after beating those to probably LD 3 or 4 more people, assuming they're spread around the different mote types. I'd like to do a healer but if none of the options are good then I can wait until I get a better one - I have no healer USB's.

I currently have these LD's completed:

Raines w/BSB, OSB, SSB
Lightning w/USB, BSB2, 2 SSB's
Bartz w/USB, OSB, Water BSB and old multi-element BSB

My best non-LD'd characters, potential candidates:

Cloud w/BSB2
Tifa w/USB, Earth BSB
Sephiroth w/OSB, BSB2
Edea w/BSB
Tidus w/CSB, new BSB2
Lulu w/USB
Ashe w/BSB
Refia w/BSB
Terra w/OSB, BSB1
Alphinaud w/BSB, SSB
Minfilia w/BSB, SSB
Noctis w/OSB, BSB
Delita w/USB, BSB
Orlandeau w/OSB, BSB, SSB
Ramza w/SSB's
Rapha w/BSB
Tyro w/USB1+2, Wall
Zack CSB
Beatrix BSB
Shantotto USB

Healers
Eiko BSB
Vanille BSB
Yshtola BSB/Wall
Iris BSB
Penelo BSB
Ovelia BSB
Deuce BSB
Relm BSB/SSB
Rosa BSB
Yuna BSB

Any suggestions?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Yshtola, maybe, if you could use a healer. Not like she needs her USB - you have her key items already. I dived her and I don't regret it. Iris maybe instead if you want the Astra (I don't remember what her dive is it if it is useful though).

If you don't think extra healing will help, though, maybe don't. I'll let someone more qualified suggest damage folks to dive out of that set.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Subvisual Haze posted:

Even doing the occasional gil daily, I still feel starved for gil all the time. Combining high level equipment or honing high level abilities is a huge gil sink.

Sell upgrade materials. If you're completing all the events, you probably have a ton just sitting around collecting dust.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

bilperkins2 posted:

I'm not sure who to LD next. I haven't done a lot of the torments so I have enough motes sitting around after beating those to probably LD 3 or 4 more people, assuming they're spread around the different mote types. I'd like to do a healer but if none of the options are good then I can wait until I get a better one - I have no healer USB's.

Raines w/BSB, OSB, SSB

Cloud w/BSB2
Tifa w/USB, Earth BSB
Sephiroth w/OSB, BSB2
Edea w/BSB
Tidus w/CSB, new BSB2
Lulu w/USB
Ashe w/BSB
Refia w/BSB
Terra w/OSB, BSB1
Alphinaud w/BSB, SSB
Minfilia w/BSB, SSB
Noctis w/OSB, BSB
Delita w/USB, BSB
Ramza w/SSB's
Rapha w/BSB
Tyro w/USB1+2, Wall
Zack CSB
Beatrix BSB
Shantotto USB

Healers
Eiko BSB
Vanille BSB
Yshtola BSB/Wall
Iris BSB
Penelo BSB
Ovelia BSB
Deuce BSB
Relm BSB/SSB
Rosa BSB
Yuna BSB

Any suggestions?

Some of those people don't have their dives available yet (like Alphinaud and TGCid). Of the list, I think Tidus is the only one probably worth diving, especially after this ability buff tomorrow. The general rule of thumb I think is whether this dive will help you complete more content (or faster) and I don't think most of these will make a big difference, especially since you have Lightning covered elementally. I'm not familiar with Seph's or Tifa's though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

bilperkins2 posted:

Raines w/BSB, OSB, SSB

Cloud w/BSB2
Tifa w/USB, Earth BSB
Sephiroth w/OSB, BSB2
Edea w/BSB
Tidus w/CSB, new BSB2
Lulu w/USB
Ashe w/BSB
Refia w/BSB
Terra w/OSB, BSB1
Alphinaud w/BSB, SSB
Minfilia w/BSB, SSB
Noctis w/OSB, BSB
Delita w/USB, BSB
Ramza w/SSB's
Rapha w/BSB
Tyro w/USB1+2, Wall
Zack CSB
Beatrix BSB
Shantotto USB

Healers
Eiko BSB
Vanille BSB
Yshtola BSB/Wall
Iris BSB
Penelo BSB
Ovelia BSB
Deuce BSB
Relm BSB/SSB
Rosa BSB
Yuna BSB

Any suggestions?

Y'shtola 100%

She can solo heal on fights that normally would require me to bring 2 healers.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Pulled on the Bra*Bra banner:

4/11
Faris USB
Faris USB
Deuce LM
Deuce LM

:lol: Okay game, I guess you want me to level up Faris and Deuce now, gotcha. I get the message.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Not that it improves it that much, but I'll point out that the entry buff is a very rare party atk/MND instead of MAG. The only other character who has one is Aemo and we don't even have her in Global.
So it'll stack with pretty much everything, and even be a boost for the holy mage stuff that's coming in the next six months. (Also a tertiary benefit in reducing CC time.)

But it's still not the Marche relic you WANT.

v True, which is one reason it doesn't improve its stock much, but it's something amidst the sea of ATK/MAG boosts.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 27, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
stacking attack boosts are getting less valuable as equipment is getting better and soft caps remain the same

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Looking at multiplayer raids I've seen people posting "have L/S" or "no wall, rely on L/S.". What does it mean in that context? Lifesiphon doesn't make sense, nor load/save since it dumps the raid.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Last Stand?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Bruceski posted:

Looking at multiplayer raids I've seen people posting "have L/S" or "no wall, rely on L/S.". What does it mean in that context? Lifesiphon doesn't make sense, nor load/save since it dumps the raid.

Last Stand

Edit: Beaten!

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

iamsosmrt posted:

Nice review, might be worth giving an early review of the FFT Orlandeau banner to compare and contrast the two from your perspective. I'm not sure many would argue that this one is stronger than the latter, but I'd be interested in your take on how.

Sure, if it was worth reading it was worth writing.

The FFT Alma Banner 1 (or Godly Excalibur banner).

The shared relics are Marche USB, Ramza BSB2, Marche BSB, Ramza LMR and Marche LMR. So what's new is:

Orlando USB ST, critical=100%, atk+50% (unlike everyone else's +30. remember that these bonuses stack with everything) and knight/darkness ability double meaning you 100% dual cast them with two ability uses spent like Shantotto/Vivi USB etc. So you double cast strong holy/earth/dark abilities with 100% crit rate. The only downside is the rough hone requirement but the upcoming dailies should mend that somewhat. As a bonus all of the entry damage is 100% critical too. It's godly like the relic name Godly Excalibur suggests. High attack +holy sword.

Alma USB or "that thing with all of the things on it". Hastega, Shellga, Protectga, hi-regen, astra, reraise. Unfortunately Reraise is trash since reviving with no buffs will just end up with you dying again. Astra is really strong but it's hard to appreciate here since it doesn't heal or boost your team while doing it. I just wish it was instant or had something other useful instead of reraise like a heal or hpstock or a blink or guts. What I'm trying to say is this combination of effects is not worth 500 SB points in most scenarios. +holy staff so grabbing it for your holy mages to spam multihit holy with isn't the worst.

Orlando OSB The good old Thunder God. Dual element holy/lit OSB with a ridiculous multiplier of 14. This lets Orlando do heavy lightning damage too as he can use the downtime to spam Thundering Quadstrike which he of course has access to because why not let's give him all of the skills. After casting this OSB you gain Thunder God's Might which gives you triple cast speed for 25 seconds making this essentially a USB. It's still great. Strong +holy sword.

Alma BSB Curaja medica and Mblink. CMD1 instant curaja CMD2 medica. A great healer BSB, very familiar.

Orlando BSB An oddball BSB. I won't list the abilities but the point is the SB and its commands are powerful but slow to activate. The dilemma is it's completely unusable without the OSB's triple cast speed but just chain casting the OSB (not to mention the USB) is just as good if not even better after the ability update. Has no place in the game anymore except some fringe JS entry damage usage.

Gaffgarion BSB ST endark. CMD1 2hit smart ether, CMD2 1hit aoe and ally heal. Dated and unimpressive outside the enelement. +Dark sword though old and weak. This thing should not be here.

Orlando LMR Finally back to the good stuff. 25% to dual cast knight and darkness. It's extremely good with the USB since you'll crit every attack which makes you hammer the damage cap quite hard and without Cloud's help this is the way you go past it.

Alma LMR 27% for Mblink1 on single target heals. It's a nice bonus to have when throwing out some Curadas.

Alma SSB 10% holy resist and 3000 hp stock. It's acceptable for CM healing. Relic has silence resist which is nice to have for a healer so not a total trash pull. Just a 95% trash pull.

14 items with 1% each for a total of 14% odds.

I feel like there are more bad things in this banner than the FFTA-1. Ramza's USB is a heavy loss even if Orlando USB is a big gain. While I would give the minor edge to FFTA-1 this is still an extremely solid banner especially considering what we have available right now like the X-1 where after Tidus' stuff things fall apart fast.

Hogama posted:

Not that it improves it that much, but I'll point out that the entry buff is a very rare party atk/MND instead of MAG. The only other character who has one is Aemo and we don't even have her in Global.
So it'll stack with pretty much everything, and even be a boost for the holy mage stuff that's coming in the next six months. (Also a tertiary benefit in reducing CC time.)

But it's still not the Marche relic you WANT.

v True, which is one reason it doesn't improve its stock much, but it's something amidst the sea of ATK/MAG boosts.

Oops, good catch. I agree with your statement regarding the matter.

Bruceski posted:

Last Stand I would assume in this case ("guts")

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

iamsosmrt posted:

It's worth noting what Orlandeau 1 loses over FFTA1:
Agrias USB
Ramza USB
Agrias BSB
Meliadoul BSB
Agrias LMR
Marche SSB
Ramza SSB2

All of these are on Orlandeau's second banner except for Marche SSB, which wasn't that great anyway. The main problem is that it splits your focus over two banners, which is especially a problem if you're gunning for Agrias relics or Ramza USB along with the overpowered Marche/Ramza stuff.

NZT covered what's actually on the banner and has mostly the same thoughts as I do over it.

(:ssh: also TG Cid's OSB has a multiplier of 15, not 14. as if it needed to be stronger. :ssh: The only other OSB that strong is Noctis's, and his is non-elemental so it can't be boosted in any way.)

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
edit: thanks for the banner reviews NZT!

bilperkins2 posted:

never spend motes

If you're not having trouble clearing content, IMO save the motes for when you need help to clear something or push for better magicite times or whatever. Or, wait until you pull new shiny toys and dive that character/those characters. Diving characters with old SBs that you won't use much going forward or diving a healer when you're not having issues with healing seems like a bad idea. I don't know if we start getting 5* motes in larger supplies though.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Alma USB or "that thing with all of the things on it". Hastega, Shellga, Protectga, hi-regen, astra, reraise. Unfortunately Reraise is trash since reviving with no buffs will just end up with you dying again. Astra is really strong but it's hard to appreciate here since it doesn't heal or boost your team while doing it. I just wish it was instant or had something other useful instead of reraise like a heal or hpstock or a blink or guts. What I'm trying to say is this combination of effects is not worth 500 SB points in most scenarios. +holy staff so grabbing it for your holy mages to spam multihit holy with isn't the worst.

Maybe it's just because Ysh'Tola has wrath access, but I find Aetherial Pulse to be pretty useful. This adds Hastega, Astra and Reraise on top of that.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm all for the Orlandeau banner since I have Ramza's USB already. Seems like the proper choice in that regard.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

saltylopez posted:

Maybe it's just because Ysh'Tola has wrath access, but I find Aetherial Pulse to be pretty useful. This adds Hastega, Astra and Reraise on top of that.

I also have Aetherial Pulse and used to feel the same way but recently if I've used 500 SB points from my healer to cast a thing that does not actually heal you I've instead asked myself the question:

Do I actually need a healer for this fight at all or can I at least run a weaker healer that provides buffs to my DPS?

Often the answer is the latter in which case the LD wrathcat gets the boot and in comes Yuna with mag/mnd +30 bsb2.

Also you'll need to consider what boost/faithga to run with Alma's USB to avoid overlap since you definitely still need a damage boosting thing or preferrably two for the harder stuff with no synergy like magicites.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

saltylopez posted:

Wrath access makes a huge difference, yeah. Without it, Alma USB means you have to staple Dr. Mako's Might onto her in order to pop the buff suite at the start of battle, since you'll never really want to use it instead of a medica unless you're starting out (unless you don't need a healer, yeah, in which case wow you want Quina/Rikku/etc USB instead) and in turn, having the auto-gauge materia on her makes her healing slower since you can't use something like Ace Striker or TG Cid Mode (or even Doublecast White) on her.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Sure, if it was worth reading it was worth writing.

The FFT Alma Banner 1 (or Godly Excalibur banner).

The shared relics are Marche USB, Ramza BSB2, Marche BSB, Ramza LMR and Marche LMR. So what's new is:

14 items with 1% each for a total of 14% odds.

I feel like there are more bad things in this banner than the FFTA-1. Ramza's USB is a heavy loss even if Orlando USB is a big gain. While I would give the minor edge to FFTA-1 this is still an extremely solid banner especially considering what we have available right now like the X-1 where after Tidus' stuff things fall apart fast.

Thanks for the write up, I think you've convinced me to do a pull on FFTA (was going to do like 3 on FFT). The bottom end of the T banner worries me, and after my awful experience with X, I don't really want to pull on questionable poo poo anymore.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Thanks to a ridiculous pull that gave me Tidus' chain, Paine's USB and LMR, and Rikku's BSB, I cleared my first ever jump start battle :)

Apparently if you stack enough water debuffs, Seymour will still take damage even when he's supposed to absorb water. Who knew?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is there an updated version of that legend dive mote chart anywhere? I thought it was in the OP but now I can't find it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Is there an updated version of that legend dive mote chart anywhere? I thought it was in the OP but now I can't find it.

Unless there's a more updated version than this, but this is up to date enough as it has everybody global currently has a LD for on it (and then some).

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Thanks!

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Entrust > Kain USB spam is great, thanks Black Friday pull. Now Fenrir is the only rear end in a top hat I don’t have a party for.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Man this Shadow Dragon fight is so lame, I know I have the tools to do it but trying to figure out a way to set it up so I don't get screwed by RNG is extremely unfun.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Fister Roboto posted:

Sell upgrade materials. If you're completing all the events, you probably have a ton just sitting around collecting dust.

Thanks a ton! Those 900 and 1300 extra giant upgrade materials in my inventory made a world of difference.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Man this Shadow Dragon fight is so lame, I know I have the tools to do it but trying to figure out a way to set it up so I don't get screwed by RNG is extremely unfun.

It's not a great fight, but once you figure it out (a designated victim and having a fully dived Cid Raines BSB can drat near guarantee a victory without too many crazy relics) it's pretty easy to duplicate over and over. Personally, I'm at a consistent 35 second clear, without maxing out my holy magicite.

The biggest thing is there's pretty little RNG, so you can control most of it. Do you have Raines? If so, I can share my strategy.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

you usually have to attack your own teammate that you want to eat the KO

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ice To Meet You posted:

Apparently if you stack enough water debuffs, Seymour will still take damage even when he's supposed to absorb water. Who knew?

It's a sliding scale, from -100% (full absorb) to 200% (weakness). Each level of imperil adds 20% to your damage (unless it's stated as 'minor imperil' like with Frost Offering/Spark Offering, in which case it's a half-step of 10%)

The only way you'd be able to debuff from an absorb to damage is if it was a 50% absorb or less, since it caps at 60%.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

you usually have to attack your own teammate that you want to eat the KO

To clarify, usually Shadow Dragon runs involve Raines using his BSB (and thus using Memento Mori to buff up) or Orlandeau using his OSB (and thus using Dark Bargain for a buff). Heal up whoever takes the dragon's first attack, use Divine Cross (or Draw Fire) to soak the third, and the second is a %HP Attack so it doesn't change Black Fang's targeting. Then you just smack your sacrificial monkey with the given Dark-element buff move and they take the fall, every time.

As an example, my Shadow Dragon team is set up like this:

Onion Knight (Shellga/Entrust, Mako Might)
Beatrix (Divine Cross/Guardbringer, +30% Holy Damage RM, with LM2/BSB)
Orlandeau (Saint Cross/Dark Bargain, +30% Sword Damage RM, with OSB)
Ramza (Wrath/Entrust, Dr Mog's, with Shout)
Y'shtola (Curada/Protectga, Gathering Storm, with BSB)

Turn 1, OK entrusts to Cid, Ramza pops Shout, Y'sh pops RW Wall. Orlandeau fires off OSB as soon as he's able, and Beatrix times her DC to land right after Shout sticks.

Turn 2, OK uses Shellga, Y'sh uses Protectga, Orlandeau smacks OK with Dark Bargain. By this point Ramza and Beatrix are in a steady rhythm ("Wrath-Wrath-Entrust to Cid" and "just spam Guardbringer", respectively) and will stick to that for the rest of the fight. By this point, both the initial attack and the AoE gravity have hit.

Turn 3, Y'shtola uses Curada on whoever got hit before Divine Cross went off, OK dies, Orlandeau starts alternating SC and his OSB.

If by some miracle OK survives (it takes a crit on Orlandeau's part or two doublecasts on Beatrix's) then he runs support and does things like summoning Enkidu and refreshing wall if needed. Otherwise that gets fit in wherever Ysh and Ramza can manage it. Beatrix drops her SB when her bar is full but otherwise sticks to Guardbringer for the rest of the fight.

It's entirely consistent and I can routinely get about 33s, and get sub-30 in the circumstances that OK survives (he can entrust a little more gauge to Cid with that single spare use). A single piece of kit (Marche USB, Ramza BSB2, Ramza LMR, even Agrias USB/LMR in tandem) will probably push me to reliable sub-30 territory.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

iamsosmrt posted:

It's not a great fight, but once you figure it out (a designated victim and having a fully dived Cid Raines BSB can drat near guarantee a victory without too many crazy relics) it's pretty easy to duplicate over and over. Personally, I'm at a consistent 35 second clear, without maxing out my holy magicite.

The biggest thing is there's pretty little RNG, so you can control most of it. Do you have Raines? If so, I can share my strategy.

Yeah, I have a fully dived Raines so that would be great.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

iPodschun posted:

edit: thanks for the banner reviews NZT!
never spend motes

If you're not having trouble clearing content, IMO save the motes for when you need help to clear something or push for better magicite times or whatever. Or, wait until you pull new shiny toys and dive that character/those characters. Diving characters with old SBs that you won't use much going forward or diving a healer when you're not having issues with healing seems like a bad idea. I don't know if we start getting 5* motes in larger supplies though.

I haven't completed ANY Magicite, but it's from lack of trying. I don't have a ton of free time so when I play I'm usually busy managing the events/MP/JS, which I usually barely get done in time. Doing something like Magicite is really time consuming, creating a party, testing it out, tweaking it, failing, etc. I still haven't even completed most of the Torments, which are what I consider my next step before Magicite.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Yeah, I have a fully dived Raines so that would be great.

The requirements are Raines, any secondary holy dps (I did this with either Beatrix or WoL, just bsbs and 3* dives with similar results), your choice of hastega (I use Rikku now, but Tyro USB also worked for me), entrust bot, and choice of healer.

You should have a bunch of dark res accessories (I got most from the renewals), curada, gathering storm RM and hopefully enkidu and holy boosts (armor and magicite).

Once you get the rhythm down it's pretty much the same start each time.

Hastega
Entrust Raines
Raines casts MM on designated person (I choose Rikku)
Gathering storm on your secondary DPS casts wall
Curada anyone but the sacrifice (or shellga)

Anyway, you need wall up so that the lamb doesn't get killed by MM. The bot can get the other holy dps burst going and with sb RMs, the healer should have a SB up soon.

If you have tgcid you're in a better position then me. This strategy is very tweakable.

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 28, 2017

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I just got around to making serious attempts at shadow dragon last week, and after some experimentation, I've got a strat that avoids black fang with 100% reliability with Orlandeau OSB as the only specific relic required. Here's what else you need:

a legend dived Shelke
a piece of +holy armor (remember, Orlandeau can equip robes!)
a 30% stacking attack buff, ideally with hastega attached, though in theory it's not strictly necessary
I had two magicites with attack boon lv 10, not sure how much of that I actually needed

Here's my specific setup:

Orlandeau (hailstorm/powerchain, OSB, truthseeker)
OK (protectga/shellga, BSB, dr mog)
Yshtola (curada/boost, BSB, ace striker) (yes, boost, the 1* support ability)
WoL (saint cross/guardbringer, USB, scholar's boon)
Shelke (wrath/entrust, no relics, mako might)

Shelke will go wrath>wrath>entrust to Orlandeau, with the entrust landing before Orlandeau's second turn. As for everyone else; Orlandeau uses powerchain, OK casts his burst, Ysh uses boost on Orlandeau, WoL casts Ellara's wall. On Orlandeau's second turn, he should have either just under or just over two bars, depending on if he or Shelke got hit by one of the dragon's physicals. He proceeds to instacast his OSB, then either cast it again next turn or throw another powerchain in between if he needs more gauge. With good input reactions, the second OSB should land right before black fang would hit. They should hit for ~60k each, doing just enough to knock the dragon past the threshold. After that, it's fairly straightforward.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
How does the math on stat boosts from equipped magicite work again? Specifically what portions of each magicite are added from which the final percentage is drawn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

How does the math on stat boosts from equipped magicite work again? Specifically what portions of each magicite are added from which the final percentage is drawn?

The main magicite's stat and half of each sub magicite's stat get added together. Then the stat bonus levels get added together, with the highest one adding its full amount, the second highest adding half of its amount, the third highest adding a quarter, etc. You get 1% of the total stats per total bonus level, added after buffs. So Attack Boon level 10 gives 10% of the total ATK.

• Locked thread