Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah I think you're right. I was thinking there were a couple times I had given myself avs from imgur, but turns out I forgot I had uploaded them. So you'll wait, you'll all wait!

/

Edit

:smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

This is an important lesson in forum graphic development.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Today we have all grown.

sniping with a taxxe post that happens to be an av given by a mystery poster has to be some kind of threadmeme record.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

D_Smart posted:

If they don't collapse in the short-term, and somehow limp (they won't - they're hosed, it's just not news yet)

Cry 'ELE!' and let slip the blogs of bore

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Updated The Tracker for 3.0

Estimated Total Progress on Major Features: 18% (was 16%)
Some stuff on the main page should probably be marked completed but I'll get to it when they sell their alien bike or something.

New additions:
Gunplay sliding
Pioneer (ship)
Aegis Sabre (ship) <completed lol>
Planetary settlement
Player structures

Aegis Hammerhead (ship)
External Repair Structure
Anvil U9C Hawk (ship)

Sarsapariller posted:

Chris himself did this to the point of absurdity in the early days. For the first three years, every time he got in front of a camera the scope would balloon. If you can think of a video game mechanic, Chris has probably promised that it would be in the game. Some poor soul in this thread maintains a website that tracks all of them remarkably accurately:
:tipshat:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah I think you're right. I was thinking there were a couple times I had given myself avs from imgur, but turns out I forgot I had uploaded them. So you'll wait, you'll all wait!

It's obvious you have no idea...yada yada.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Cry 'ELE!' and let slip the blogs of bore

Bold move quoting a 2015 DS post.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

Bold move quoting a 2015 DS post.

He said 90 days but he didn't say 90 days from a particular day

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm not a scumbag just because you dislike me. BTW, how come you haven't written a blog about me yet?

Yeah, tbh I don't think you're a scumbag, even though you shadow-doxed me once, then tried to play it off. I was on a bit of a roll when I was writing that, and you were the first (and only) comparable target that sprung to mind at the time.

I only write blogs, missives, and tomes about genuinely retarded rear end-clowns. Though our opinions differ, and despite the other sentiments here by others, I think you're OK. I would most definitely have written a blog about you if you were important enough to the cause. Even if you are in fact Toast, you still wouldn't warrant that sort of special attention that my Sperg brain reserves for those with special needs.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pantsbird
Nov 12, 2017

by Lowtax

XK posted:

CIG is clearly Agile. Agile without tight direction is basically what every new programmer is, just smooshing poo poo together until it works.

That's pretty much the crobbler design paradigm. It works when you're a CS student writing a quicksort the night before it's due, not so much when running a multi-million dollar project with international studios.

But doesn't Agile have sprint retrospectives to gauge velocity?

Like, every sprint you choose how many work items to do, and at the end of the sprint you see how many actually got done. You learn how accurate your time estimates are.

Then if your team is making less progress than expected, you go back and cut scope from your overall plan so you finish the product on ti... pssshhhtt HAHAHAHA!

D_Smart posted:

So, right now in 3.0, hype aside - with zero optimizations to their networking - each client in a serssion sends in excess of 4K bytes (I poo poo you not, fire up Wireshark and see) per second to the server. The server response is over 160K bytes - to every loving client. This is only part of the reason why the server shits itself so frequently.

:stare:

Pantsbird fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 27, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Virtual Captain posted:

Updated The Tracker for 3.0

Estimated Total Progress on Major Features: 18% (was 16%)
Some stuff on the main page should probably be marked completed but I'll get to it when they sell their alien bike or something.

New additions:
Gunplay sliding
Pioneer (ship)
Aegis Sabre (ship) <completed lol>
Planetary settlement
Player structures

Aegis Hammerhead (ship)
External Repair Structure
Anvil U9C Hawk (ship)

:tipshat:

:five::five::five:

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
LOL!! They're loving mental..

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/petition-tell-us-about-state-of-network-code

----------------

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Pantsbird posted:

But doesn't Agile have sprint retrospectives to gauge velocity?

Like, every sprint you choose how many work items to do, and at the end of the sprint you see how many actually got done. You learn how accurate your time estimates are.

Then if your team is making less progress than expected, you go back and cut scope from your overall plan so you finish the product on ti... pssshhhtt HAHAHAHA!

The Scrum way of doing Agile has "story" points instead of time units. By estimating in abstract story points, a velocity can calculated, and the expected progress gauged (in spite of those darn programmers and their inability to accurately estimate tasks). I think CIG has the "story" part down, but I am not so sure about the rest. They probably dumped it when they went Agile 2.0 which replaces "story" points with "dream" points.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Beet Wagon posted:

gangtags work like avs, you just add them above or under the text. A mod can do it if you earn it, or you can pay 5bux and do it yourself. When a final design is settled on I'll get it uploaded to the SA imagebank and then anybody can apply it themselves. I mean I guess technically you can link right to the imgur version if you really want it right now.

I guess i can wait, i vote for the blinky blue version

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Well that didn't last long. Such open development. :negative:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/delamar-is-mirrored

----------------

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

shadow-doxed
:lol:

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Sabreseven posted:

CIG totally nailing all those points. :) If there's one thing CIG are really good at, it's hitting the scummy predatory company target time and time again and never falling short. :D

Their original estimate of 1.5M - 2M people for their market size I think was (and still is) accurate if you look at sales numbers for NMS and ED. Now at some point I think they started to think they had the next GTAV on their hands and looked at the billions that title has raked in over the past 3 years and continues to sell well even today. That I think is very unrealistic.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, tbh I don't think you're a scumbag, even though you shadow-doxed me once, then tried to play it off. I was on a bit of a roll when I was writing that, and you were the first (and only) comparable target that sprung to mind at the time.

I only write blogs, missives, and tomes about genuinely retarded rear end-clowns. Though our opinions differ, and despite the other sentiments here by others, I think you're OK. I would most definitely have written a blog about you if you were important enough to the cause. Even if you are in fact Toast, you still wouldn't warrant that sort of special attention that my Sperg brain reserves for those with special needs.

You wait and see, Smart. :argh: I'll show you :arghfist:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/935237350426365952

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Da Mystery of Shadowdoxin

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
The Derek Smart paradoxx:

Doxxing is not cool or good (or legal) but unless he doxx's a little here and there he can't prove his enemies are in fact (sometimes) actually scumbags

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

still working

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

890 Jump back on sale, they are throwing absolutely everything at this.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16259-ORIGIN-Anniversary-Special-Sale

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Why is Derek saying he got blocked? He should be the one who blocks.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

Their original estimate of 1.5M - 2M people for their market size I think was (and still is) accurate if you look at sales numbers for NMS and ED. Now at some point I think they started to think they had the next GTAV on their hands and looked at the billions that title has raked in over the past 3 years and continues to sell well even today. That I think is very unrealistic.

GTA 5 is now 85 million units sold. loving insane.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I like that the guy who claims to have dossiers on random reddit posters and every CIG intern just trying to get a paycheck is mad that someone "shadow doxxed" him, whatever the gently caress that even is.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

thatguy posted:

Why is Derek saying he got blocked? He should be the one who blocks.

That is a derek smart direct quote and the irony of it was so delicious that I am now as fat as ben.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

AP posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16259-ORIGIN-Anniversary-Special-Sale

When can they fly it?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Found a gif of FTR's entrance to the thread and events leading up to the 3.0 vlog redemption save, viewed from reddit's backyard

https://i.imgur.com/TNgWYz9.gifv

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

Hahahaha remember when people trusted CIG when they said "limited" meant something?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Combat Theory posted:

I know we all cheered a bit for a "LOL they broke" Sale period, but im happy this thing has a few more millions in the Tank. i only got here half a year ago and this place is cool and good and i like the (sometimes weird) people and the thread the way it is.

And lets be honest theres no way they burn through less than 3-4 Million a month with those employee counts, so this sale bought them the much proposed "2 Weeks" so far.

:glomp:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Thoatse posted:

Found a gif of FTR's entrance to the thread and events leading up to the 3.0 vlog redemption save, viewed from reddit's backyard

This just gets better every time.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

AP posted:

Limited editions, you thought? Oh, they found a few more in the back.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

AP posted:

Hahaha, oh man that horrorshow concept is from 2014. If these people weren't so mad you would almost think it'd be a dangerous game trotting out all of these old forgotten projects to remind everyone of the complete lack of any meaningful attention they've received.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Why did Derek change his signature to a weird self-quote anyway?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Why did Derek change his signature to a weird self-quote anyway?
I mean, I know the answer but change it back.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

When can they fly it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XsMf-lGzBw&t=813s

2 weeks.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Thoatse posted:

We're all the little kid giving the finger.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This just gets better every time.

It's the gif that keeps giving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Also what the hell is shadow doxing. I thought I was just out of the loop but it looks like a term out of a matrix online rp forum.