Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

scaterry posted:

All the Vandals are named Randall, it then follows that all the Dregs are named Doug.

I see no wrong logic in this

Someone make this happen.

Rename all the Marauders as Skeeter and the Captains to Roger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Mymla posted:

A lot of them probably are. Doug is a douchebag name.

It is.

scaterry posted:

All the Vandals are named Randall, it then follows that all the Dregs are named Doug.

I see no wrong logic in this

There's only one Randal. Like there's only one Craig the dreg. Don'tr forget his promise.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Qmass posted:

What are the boots, chest and shader here ?

It's one of the Hakke shaders (don't think it's History Polish since that's shiny). Can get it from the Gunsmith.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The Hakke History/History Polish shaders look ace on everything somehow. I really don't know how they pulled off "sand/orange/gunmetal", but somehow Bungie did it.

The IB Pulse is unironically good but I have chronic Poe's disease, and can't tell if we're bullshitting for funsies.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

SpookyLizard posted:

lmao your wife thought the dregs were all named doug

I think that post is a joke from Destiny 1.

DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis

SpookyLizard posted:

lmao your wife thought the dregs were all named doug

hey the font kinda sucks for player names/NPCs and is hard to read if you're couch gaming.

Funny story, the only time I've done anything in the raid was when I found a PUG raid on the Bungie.net fiteteam finder. I play EU so the other five guys were all from different countries with their respective accents. The raid leader would call out the runners' names during the gauntlet. He kept calling out "shensay calus shensay calus" and we kept loving up and dying. Then I realized that he was trying to say "Sensei Chalice Sensei Chalice" because I loaded up the roster tab to see who the gently caress in our raid was named Shenshay.

I suggested that instead of calling out the name of the runner and the symbol, those on the four pillars learn the symbols they can shoot so when someone calls out "axe mid," the two who can shoot the correct triangles, and single syllable words work better for snap shooting, so "pig cup axe sun" works better than loving "Chalice boar solar axes" for our multinational, multilingual group. Worked well until the raid leader forgot to explain to punch the Psions.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

DXH posted:

hey the font kinda sucks for player names/NPCs and is hard to read if you're couch gaming.

Funny story, the only time I've done anything in the raid was when I found a PUG raid on the Bungie.net fiteteam finder. I play EU so the other five guys were all from different countries with their respective accents. The raid leader would call out the runners' names during the gauntlet. He kept calling out "shensay calus shensay calus" and we kept loving up and dying. Then I realized that he was trying to say "Sensei Chalice Sensei Chalice" because I loaded up the roster tab to see who the gently caress in our raid was named Shenshay.

I suggested that instead of calling out the name of the runner and the symbol, those on the four pillars learn the symbols they can shoot so when someone calls out "axe mid," the two who can shoot the correct triangles, and single syllable words work better for snap shooting, so "pig cup axe sun" works better than loving "Chalice boar solar axes" for our multinational, multilingual group. Worked well until the raid leader forgot to explain to punch the Psions.

dog bottom

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
okay actually there's two randalls, but one is randall and the other is rahndel, the perfected.

and there's also a greg the dreg but idk where he hung out.

E:

DXH posted:

hey that's fair im just saying the mental image is hilarious

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
All bickering aside, keeping one of each gun is a solid idea. The meta changes every few months or so with each major balance pass. A mediocre gun now might be very strong later, and vice versa. Destiny 1 had a bunch of infamous metagames. One day it was Thorn, the next day it was Matador 64s and Hawkmoons/Eyaslunas, or Hopscotch Pilgrims. It shifted around.

Who knows - perhaps in the next balancing pass, 450 RPM ARs like Uriel's Gift and The Number might get a significant nerf and unusable SMGs like Foggy Notion and Hero's Burden suddenly become killing machines. There's a definite precedent for it. So save one of everything, especially if they come from limited time events :)

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waffle House posted:

The Hakke History/History Polish shaders look ace on everything somehow. I really don't know how they pulled off "sand/orange/gunmetal", but somehow Bungie did it.

The IB Pulse is unironically good but I have chronic Poe's disease, and can't tell if we're bullshitting for funsies.

Orange and gunmetal is a loving sweet rear end combination, what are you talking about

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Just finishing up leveling my PC character. Is there a group of bros here that run trials regularly? Put me in, coach.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

the good fax machine posted:

Orange and gunmetal is a loving sweet rear end combination, what are you talking about

The color should probably be described as, "Sepia," rather than, "Sand" given that it's Hakke History Polish. :v:

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Just finishing up leveling my PC character. Is there a group of bros here that run trials regularly? Put me in, coach.

I'm not sure many are hard on Trials yet, but I'm always down, and would love it if others Trials'd too, especially this weekend before the CoO release. If I'm around, catch me for a game or two to see if I'm a drag/don't play to your style.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 27, 2017

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Is there an easy way to tell if you have more than one of each gun? Because none of the sort options seem to put dupes adjacent to each other. Not even the "Quantity" sort option. :confused:

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Papercut posted:

Is there an easy way to tell if you have more than one of each gun? Because none of the sort options seem to put dupes adjacent to each other. Not even the "Quantity" sort option. :confused:

Use DIM and search for is:dupe or is:dupelower

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Papercut posted:

Realizing that not even the Quantity sorter is worth the slightest drat is the point I finally started using Destiny Item Manager.

https://destinyitemmanager.com/

Now I've been spoiled in being allowed to switch things between characters and to/from the vault anywhere :v:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Holy moly I think I used up all my luck for the week. Managed to get both a Better Devil and Wardcliff Coil out of a single crucible engram. Literally the exact two items I was hoping for :3:

praise rngesus.

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 27, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

weapon 👏 type 👏 tabs 👏 for 👏 the 👏 vault 👏

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mr Bungie just announced they’re doing a free trial for players and they can play part of the campaign AND Competetive (sic) PVP!

This excites me so I can milk some demo players in that PvP. Basically just gonna back out until I’m grouped against demos.

Great strategy Mr Bungie.

quote:

Bungie is offering a free trial of the game on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It features the beginning of Destiny 2's campaign, as well as the game's competitive multiplayer. All of your progress from the trial will be carried over if you purchase the full game.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Did they say we'll get another shot at getting the IB armour? It's ending tomorrow right?

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Waffles and a Blue AR shaped like a pair of pooper scoopers.

I was asked to post these videos of Waffles and I stomping on some dudes in Trials. He's using the blue (rare) AR "Ros Lysis" and it's tearing poo poo up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyl0UYwEuvo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQsWKG3T87U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFLQv3xQR5A

And the matchmaking is SO GOOD that we stomp the same team twice!

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Mr Bungie just announced they’re doing a free trial for players and they can play part of the campaign AND Competetive (sic) PVP!

This excites me so I can milk some demo players in that PvP. Basically just gonna back out until I’m grouped against demos.

Great strategy Mr Bungie.

Sounds like beta, minus the Strike and more PvP.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A free limited demo is like 1999 levels of pro marketing choice there, thats AWESOME.

Cowcaster posted:

weapon 👏 type 👏 tabs 👏 for 👏 the 👏 vault 👏

God
loving
Damnit
This

Insane Totoro posted:

Waffles and a Blue AR shaped like a pair of pooper scoopers.

I was asked to post these videos of Waffles and I stomping on some dudes in Trials. He's using the blue (rare) AR "Ros Lysis" and it's tearing poo poo up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyl0UYwEuvo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQsWKG3T87U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFLQv3xQR5A

This was such a good time. Perseverance is the Legendary version of Ros Lysis II, the blue AR depicted in the video F Y I Trials being light level disabled allows people with GREEN armor to play competitively.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
I also forgot this video of the Pleasure Garden dogs going completely nutso on the Moanas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyl3rKGcrHk

BUNGIE FIX THIS BECAUSE WHO CARES ABOUT XP BUGS

Here's some more hot Trials action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y03dxjEUrHs

And also a completely near disastrous Arms Dealer 300 strike gone... okay?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63PTFjYC-lY

Insane Totoro fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 27, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Insane Totoro posted:

is that :thejoke: because trials has no matchmaking except trying to give both parties low latency

basically lol

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Minrad posted:

is that :thejoke: because trials has no matchmaking except trying to give both parties low latency

basically lol

Yes, essentially. As far as I know, Trials is connection based match making with some form of skill based matching, but it prioritizes connections. Well, at least I've been told that!

Also I think it was like 2AM in the morning on the east coast

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
That has me thinking. Are there any weapons blue quality or below that have stats not duplicated by legendaries?

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Dietrich posted:

The most bullshit thing in this game is legendary loving kinetic mods.

Buy random mods. Hope you get a stack of three!

Turn those three into one legendary.

Do that again.

Disassemble both those legendary mods.

Trade the parts for a random weapon mod. 25% chance of it being kinetic.

Cheapest possible legendary kinetic mod would be 12,500 glimmer. In practice it will cost you more like 50,000 - 100,000 glimmer each.

I don't give a rat-gently caress about what are effectively cosmetic items being completely random and taking a lot of commitment to get, but why the gently caress should legendary kinetic mods be so hard to get when legendary elemental mods drop like candy?

Ok instead of bitching about what we don't know how to fix without holding bungie employees for ransom or something equally as stupid/crazy.

Let's solve what we do know...

WHERE IS A GOOD PLACE TO FARM GLIMMER? In the first Destiny, it was that first mission with Cabal where the drop ships would come and you'd farm glimmer fast..

In this one,I have yet to find a good glimmer farm..

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

ponzicar posted:

That has me thinking. Are there any weapons blue quality or below that have stats not duplicated by legendaries?

Short list:

Sondok-C and Philippis-B - both are kinetic SMGs (stand in for Antiope)

Cuboid ARu and Ros Lysis - kinetic ARs, one has the equivalent of Persistence (shoot more and it gets more stable) and the other has ADS improved handling and accuracy
Sand Wasp-3au - energy AR with HCR and Persistence

Armillary PSu - a kinetic Scout Rifle with HCR

Madrugada SR2- energy Scout Rifle with explosive rounds!

Black Tiger 2sr - energy Scout Rifle with Zen Moment

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ponzicar posted:

There is this blue kinetic scout rifle, the Trax Lysis II which I don't THINK there is a legendary of? It's got the High impact, slow fire trait and full auto trait at the same time, I like it because it reminds me of the Skyburner when I use it, even though it looks closer to an off brand MIDA. But it doesn't have a max rate of fire or explosive ammo so I'm fairly certain I'm the only person on the world who cares :v:

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Some poor bastard standing next to me decrypted three exotic engrams in rapid succession and got three Wardcliff Coils. Has Bungie acknowledged this is a thing that needs to be fixed?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

They did that so he wouldn’t get 2 of those to be Fighting Lions.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

why are there so many god drat clans and discords

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Qmass posted:

What are the boots, chest and shader here ?

Boots are Dunemarchers and the chest is Nessus. Looks like regular Hakke History on them.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Jeza posted:

Did they say we'll get another shot at getting the IB armour? It's ending tomorrow right?

Iron Banner is monthly and from what I've read about the upcoming season, all the faction gear will remain the same but every season you can grind to unlock season specific ornaments to modify the look of the gear (including Iron Banner and Trials gear)

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

ponzicar posted:

So the hand in hand, a green shotgun sometimes sold by vendors (I've purchased it from Hawthorne), has the best consistent one hit kill range of any non-slug shotgun that isn't legend of acrius. I think it's the only non-slug precision archetype shotgun.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ugh I need to open three more iron Banner boxes but I just want to play this GT Sport that I bought.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

People can't make up their minds to just be on one centralized discord for the game.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anyone able to invite my buddy to ChillyDogs69? Not sure of any other way to request this since no clan chat :shrug:

Edit: Found the list of admins, I'll check with one of them.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

There's a 100 person clan limit, there's no in game clan chat.

• Locked thread