Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

I love the unintentional humor of a romance series being sponsored by a company named Ace.

(I know ace people can still have romantic relationships, let me have this)

Huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Ace=asexual

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

You have to shoot down five sexhavers to be a verified ace

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Byzantine posted:

I DON'T SHARE YOUR NEED

THE ONLY CARD I NEED IS

THE ACE OF SPADES

THE ACE OF SPADES

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Byzantine posted:

Now, is that "shoot down" as in "dismiss the advances of", or...

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

The_White_Crane posted:

Now, is that "shoot down" as in "dismiss the advances of", or...

Nope. :black101:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's an Ace Lightning joke in there somewhere.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Choco1980 posted:

Ace=asexual

Well, that was a google search I wish I could retract.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The MSJ posted:

You be the judge if this clip is good or bad marketing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEEnUc4H6i4

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That dude looks exactly the same in the video from when he was a kid as he looks now

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Aesop Poprock posted:

That dude looks exactly the same in the video from when he was a kid as he looks now

The kid doesn't have awful facial hair.

Also I like how the lesson he took from the robot that disguises itself is "Be who you are."

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
Hopefully this hasn’t been posted. I can’t get the drat song out of my head, so maybe it’s a smart move in marketing? I don’t know. Here’s a song about your pet’s poop.

https://youtu.be/byHMEtt0n5s

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
California congressman tweets in support of net neutrality:

NB: Yes, in *support of* net neutrality .

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Phanatic posted:

California congressman tweets in support of net neutrality:

NB: Yes, in *support of* net neutrality .

Excellent.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Uh, looks pretty supportive to me

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Tired Moritz posted:

Uh, looks pretty supportive to me

Math is hard.

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

Phanatic posted:

Math is hard.

17.99 + 8.99 + 8.99 + 8.99 + 14.99 + 12.99 + 8.99 = 72.94

Apparently, math really *is* hard.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Netflix and Facebook prices aren't additional, they're alternatives if you only want those sites rather than the full package.

Reading is hard.

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

The Netflix and Facebook prices aren't additional, they're alternatives if you only want those sites rather than the full package.

Reading is hard.

Do you really think the ISPs won't chop Facebook and Netflix out of their mainline packages to squeeze more money out of people?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I....I was explaining the image, not actual net neutrality.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I was thinking more like not buying a bunch of different packages because it sounds like a loving hassle

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Waffleman_ posted:

Reading is hard.

It scans as 'Facebook - only 8.99/mo!' rather than 'Facebook only - 8.99/mo!' because of the way those lines are separated.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
And that’s not even considering that the upper half shows net neutrality as a very expensive funnel whereas without you‘d have the same bandwidth for each activity.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

GrandpaPants posted:

Also I like how the lesson he took from the robot that disguises itself is "Be who you are."

Honestly, slogan aside, the Transformers don't really do a lot to disguise themselves in their car modes. Optimus Prime, in vehicle mode, is still a fuckin' Peterbilt truck painted like a colorblind Smurf that yells poo poo out in an incredibly deep voice.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Waffleman_ posted:

Reading is hard.

The wording is ambiguous and if you think otherwise, reading is harder than you thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yuL6PcgSgM

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I think this might count as a dumb move in marketing:
https://twitter.com/comcast/status/885165857810386946

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

MrYenko posted:

Well, that was a google search I wish I could retract.

What happened? I would have figured that if anything was be safe to Google it would be 'asexual'

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think this might count as a dumb move in marketing:
https://twitter.com/comcast/status/885165857810386946

I know it's low hanging fruit, but wasn't Comcast one of the providers charging extra to Netflix? Also I can't use HBO Go on some platforms specifically because Comcast would rather I use their lovely on-demand products (which I imagine cost them less in bandwidth).

5g mobile internet can't get here fast enough.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Krispy Wafer posted:

I know it's low hanging fruit, but wasn't Comcast one of the providers charging extra to Netflix? Also I can't use HBO Go on some platforms specifically because Comcast would rather I use their lovely on-demand products (which I imagine cost them less in bandwidth).

5g mobile internet can't get here fast enough.

Lmao if you think mobile data isn’t going to be more locked down than Comcast.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Boywhiz88 posted:

Lmao if you think mobile data isn’t going to be more locked down than Comcast.

Mobile providers are going to want to get that home internet market and will offer something competitive. It won't be price competitive (at least not initially) so they'll have to compete on features.

At the very least it's competition. I can choose exactly one internet provider right now that doesn't suck and that's Comcast, which just sucks in a different way.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, people actually have access to more than one mobile service, as opposed to one or two broadband ISPs in a single area, so there's less of a monopoly.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

How big is the monthly data quota for mobile and internet service providers in the US? My Malaysian mobile service just gave me 100gb for video streaming (including Youtube) on top of the 60gb for data, and I'm wondering if this is something people see in other countries too.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

In the US the mobile data typically includes video and audio, it's not separate categories. I get 5 gigs from T-Mobile.

My home internet Fiber service is unlimited.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wait, mobile services in some countries separate video and other data?

In Finland we generally get unlimited data with any even slightly better package.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I know that in some countries like Australia that they don't have net neutrality. So ISPs will offer a limited amount of bandwidth per month but for certain specific services like Steam or iTunes they will offer unlimited service. It's a nightmare scenario and I'm afraid the US will follow in their footsteps.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Mu Zeta posted:

In the US the mobile data typically includes video and audio, it's not separate categories. I get 5 gigs from T-Mobile.

My home internet Fiber service is unlimited.

T-Mobile has a thing where certain streaming won't count against your data though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Andrast posted:

Wait, mobile services in some countries separate video and other data?

In Finland we generally get unlimited data with any even slightly better package.

They consider it as a 'bonus' extra for people using their service. Once your video (or Facebook or music streaming) data runs out they will use your normal data quota.

Unlimited data is mostly for wired or fiber internet services in homes and offices. There's a few unlimited data mobile services in my country but I hear they're not very good.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
The weirdest thing about the whole net neutrality thing going on right now is how the underdog types in the fight are still super wealthy corporations like Google and Facebook.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Choco1980 posted:

The weirdest thing about the whole net neutrality thing going on right now is how the underdog types in the fight are still super wealthy corporations like Google and Facebook.

Enemy of my enemy and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's basically Google and Amazon vs Verizon and AT&T. And I dunno about you, but one of those sides has the literal richest person in the world on it.