Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER

A single Liz is too many. Give more Carmillas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Retcon posted:

On the other hand, Hans is pretty awesome, so I don't mind that much.

Pretty sure Hans minds. :v:

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

EGSunBro posted:

Is there a general rule for how to progress through 1.5? Kinda overwhelmed by choice now. I know Shinjuku has the Lobo fights that walled some people.

If you cleared the CCC event and have BB, make sure she’s leveled. EoR is pretty heavy on Extra classes and there are a handful of Avengers which she can help with. Otherwise the biggest thing is mostly what Nyaa said; if you’ve been relying on one turn burst the you need to prepare to vary your tactics, because EoR has a much stronger emphasis on gimmick bosses, enemies with multiple health bars, and smart AI that will use its skills much more precisely. It’s not impossibly hard, but if you get stonewalled the answer is more likely to look for a gimmick answer in your CEs or a tech skill on your servants than to pile more damage on.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Pretty sure Hans minds. :v:

That's another reason why Hans is awesome, he's one of the most relatable character in the game.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I've been poking around on leveling the Christmas bonus servants and some of them are a pain in the rear end.

Looking at pure numbers and ease of Mats, I would learn towards Darius, Robin, and Jing Ke for the common servants to raise the most; none of them have very expensive mats. Ceaser requires Claws, while David requires Hearts; even though we just got a ton of those from Gudaguda they are probably still pretty rare so I"m not sure if I'd go in on raising them unless I was going to use them consistently.

Both Martha and Robin need Seeds though, so it might be time to farm some of those.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Stallion Cabana posted:

I've been poking around on leveling the Christmas bonus servants and some of them are a pain in the rear end.

Looking at pure numbers and ease of Mats, I would learn towards Darius, Robin, and Jing Ke for the common servants to raise the most; none of them have very expensive mats. Ceaser requires Claws, while David requires Hearts; even though we just got a ton of those from Gudaguda they are probably still pretty rare so I"m not sure if I'd go in on raising them unless I was going to use them consistently.

Both Martha and Robin need Seeds though, so it might be time to farm some of those.

David is also really useful in general though since one of his skills is a full party evade, so you'd have him built up for future content/challenges. Similarly, Caesar is a really strong single target saber and you won't need to ascend him to the claw level due to his stat growth curve--he'll have gained most of his stats by 2nd ascend, gain a bit more from 3rd and then gain almost nothing from 4th other than the ability to do his strengthen in the future when it unlocks.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Stallion Cabana posted:

Caesar can get to level 60 without claws and that's enough for Christmas; he gains almost nothing from leveling him all the way to 70. Jing Ke and David both need to be taken to 70 to be good, though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Nah, David can be stuck at level 50 and be useful. His main draw is his party wide evade, and otherwise being tanky with a good ST NP.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I mean I would suggest leveling everyone up to the base level you feel comfortable with since we have a half stamina cost EXP event; but yeah 4th Ascension Ceaser is a line I personally wouldn't cross, particularly because I have an Okita. It just depends on what cards you have, so I was aiming for a more general overview.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Stallion Cabana posted:

I mean I would suggest leveling everyone up to the base level you feel comfortable with since we have a half stamina cost EXP event; but yeah 4th Ascension Ceaser is a line I personally wouldn't cross, particularly because I have an Okita. It just depends on what cards you have, so I was aiming for a more general overview.

This hasn't been discussed much that I've seen, but if you've been saving apples for this farm you won't be using them until the final few days after Santa Alter unlocks--you can't get her until near the end and it's better to save apples for her +4/+8 with support--so it'll be less about stuffing in bonuses at that point and more about how much real world time you want to invest, so quick clears trump any given +1 even for 40AP farming. You'll be using support Jack before then for your 40AP farms so Jing Ke isn't really needed unless you want to ascend/level her to have around more generally for whatever reason. Darius is just bad, in my opinion.

So, guess my general overview is don't worry about it too much? But David/Caesar are useful regardless of what servants you have and definitely worth investing into at least somewhat. Even if you have Okita, Caesar is a really good support for her since he has np damage up, atk up and target-able crit up, pretty much everything she could ever want. Oh yeah, Robin Hood is useful too so if you really want to focus resources into something I'd recommend those three.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

But I don't really like David or Caesar...
I mean Dave wouldn't even let Cat eat one stupid sheep, what a jerk.

Also, I was so sure I'd get one more serpent jewel from gudaguda but no, and now Robin is stalled for a bit. Not that he's not still a crazy nuke at level 40.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If you're only one short, it might be worth spending a little bit of time in Okeanos once the 1/2 AP period ends.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ah, yeah that's a good idea. Right now I'm just killing all the hands ever to feed my hungry hungry newly ascended crew.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

People say Hans is a "discount Waver" but it seems like their skillsets are fairly different? Like Waver is a great support to nearly any team, but Hans you need specific characters to really get use out of him which is too bad because I'd like to ascend and use him.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I ascend him just for his smug final art.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

He does atk/def butts and also boosts crit damage. Without the NP charge and how their buffs apply it's not 1:1 of course but he's a really good support for someone you're basically guaranteed to have given time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hans is more like discount merlin, but merlin wont be in the game for like another year

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I'm glad I finally was able to nab enough saber pieces to ascend Okita to 2nd ascension.

But now I need tons of Dragon Claws that I used up ascending other characters.

Guess I'm not getting her to 3rd ascension anytime soon. Shame cuz I really need that evade skill.

In the meantime I guess I can get Shishou to a decent level. She's been quite the help since I was stuck with level 40 Cus for a good long while thanks to a dearth of lancer pieces. Though Monuments seem to never be in short supply.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Xmas has 5 fangs per raffle box.

Lumen
Oct 12, 2009
I did a random 3 quartz pull today...and got Scatach!

After literally just using all my Lancer cards to level Chu Chulain to 60 lmao

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Motto posted:

Xmas has 5 fangs per raffle box.

Oh thank gently caress. I wasn't gonna try and grind those out of Thiers again.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
In the past week I have received Vlad and Altera from the paid quartz gacha and Scathach from 90 quartz and some tickets. I didn't get any Fragments of 2030, but I'll take the 3 5* in a week life.

Yes, I made this post just to brag.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
On the opposite end of the luck spectrum, I got Artoria from the paid gacha and jack poo poo else, which as you can imagine, rules

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Someday...

https://twitter.com/fateofalchemy/status/934850773749346304

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
My latest 10 roll was 25 defense against males.

0 diurmunds after like 5 rolls, even. Never roll for this game .

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
All I'm missing is Gil and lol at ever getting him.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I wish I could trade this Artoria for a Medea I would do it in a heartbeat

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

brainwrinkle posted:

In the past week I have received Vlad and Altera from the paid quartz gacha and Scathach from 90 quartz and some tickets. I didn't get any Fragments of 2030, but I'll take the 3 5* in a week life.

Yes, I made this post just to brag.

Nothing wrong with that. I mean how many places does a person really have to brag about fgo rolls in their life?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/daereband/status/935177986520768512

Poor Seibaa

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Gil is like the one character I don't think I'm ever gonna have a shot at getting. I think my luck ran out when I got Okita and Shishou.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Christmas Event starting friday 1

http://fate-go.us/event/christmas2017.html

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh god, I need an event break. just let me grind some levels mindlessly in peace

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The raffle box spits out 4* exp at 40 a reset

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh that's right. That's better than hands.

Gripes withdrawn :v:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm genuinely surprised they're doing it this early.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Here's your accelerated content. :v:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
STOP!!!

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I think it's better to have it early than have it closer to Christmas.

Time to grind for three more Mona Lisas.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Aside from certain gold mats this event has whatever you'd run dailies for so there's really nothing to lose out on
http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_event_20151216.php#present

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, you all were complaining about content coming too slowly, guess it's time to reap what you were sowing.