Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I know. However, depending on the weapon, recoil control is pretty easy and definitely not necessarily a sign of someone cheating. If anything, cheaters spam or 'overfire' less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Party Plane Jones posted:

Fake Chinese PUBG from Tencent is looking good ya'll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_uVmfWQwfw

I want to play this... looks better than PUBG in every way.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol there is never gonna be a better game in this style than pubg. this is it, boys

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

hawowanlawow posted:

lol there is never gonna be a better game in this style than pubg. this is it, boys

Blizzard will release one in three years based on the overwatch IP and it will be glorious.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

daslog posted:

Blizzard will release one in three years based on the overwatch IP and it will be glorious.

The only character will be Soldier 76 and all he will be able to say is “we’re all Soldiers now.”

Btw come back to discord to discuss your cheater findings.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

daslog posted:

but overwatch is terrible

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

personally I'm looking forward to finding out exactly how the clone EA makes in Frostbite will massively gently caress up

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I did not realize that a Kar98 Headshot will OHKO you if you are full health and with a level 2 helmet.

That was surprising.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

LGD posted:

personally I'm looking forward to finding out exactly how the clone EA makes in Frostbite will massively gently caress up

EA isn't going to make anything that doesn't have loot boxes that make a billion dollars a year in revenue like their sports games. Maybe they can do something where you can spend 3 bucks a round to spawn with an M16.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I reckon ubisoft will be the first to take a swing at it, using the tech from Wildlands. Wildlands was absolutely god-awful but it was insane how well the world presented while running really well even on my middling PC.

Ubisoft has a million problems but those fellas can make a multiplayer shooter, siege was/is incredibly good

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I am so bad at this game! Why am I so bad?!

OatBoy
Nov 18, 2004

What can I say, it's my nature

Stallion Cabana posted:

I did not realize that a Kar98 Headshot will OHKO you if you are full health and with a level 2 helmet.

That was surprising.

Only a level 3 helmet can tank a headshot from the K98 which is part of why a level 3 helmet is one of the best pieces of gear you can get.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

VulgarandStupid posted:

I want to play this... looks better than PUBG in every way.

Has there been any chinese games that are worth playing? As far as I know they are all terrible business models/no balance.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

That was surprising.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 28, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

This is part of the reason I prefer the Mini-14...

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Carecat posted:

Has there been any chinese games that are worth playing? As far as I know they are all terrible business models/no balance.
Go?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Yeah but don't you remember the horrible early access experience?

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASnbI91S3Vo

The best weapon in this game is the explosion and they need more of it.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Affi posted:

I am so bad at this game! Why am I so bad?!

Just keep dropping in popular places and you’ll get it

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Took down a speed hacker just a bit ago. The real icing on the cake was this game ended with a chicken dinner.

https://youtu.be/nEGAsgjoSzs

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
What the heck, I saw someone prone in test serv with the swimming animation, seeing their arms swing up wildly was kinda funny.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
if youre playing fortnite because of all the cheating in pubg, i have bad news for u https://clips.twitch.tv/AbrasiveTardyBananaEagleEye

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

daslog posted:

I could be very wrong on this but I was thinking they are the same game with the video being enhanced for advertising purposes.

What?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Just keep dropping in popular places and you’ll get it

It's something I work on but I keep loving dying whenever I transition into the mid-late game. I'm not patient enough and I keep pushing and I probably push the wrong places at the wrong times.

It's frustrating because practicing that part is hard because you have to actually get there:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Soarer posted:

Took down a speed hacker just a bit ago. The real icing on the cake was this game ended with a chicken dinner.

Someone point out how to spot it, please?
I don't see how. Dude was just juking back and forth into cover?

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Those simplygon algorithms are sooo good.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

slow it down to half speed and watch the guy dodge sideways faster than you can run forward at full speed at 4s to behind the wall and 11s behind the bush

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
... huh.

Noted. Ty.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

In the heat of the moment I didn't even really catch it at the start where he zips left after downing my team mate. Near the end where he zips left really fast while crouched behind the bush was what made me double take and bookmark the recording.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
This game has the best bugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLYFB753o8c

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

BCRock posted:

This game has the best bugs.

And they document them, too!

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/4138-bugs-early-access-known-issues-and-bugs-read-before-posting/

quote:

Swimming above ground

Edit: Oh hey, test is up again. And it crashed in the warmup. Nice start.

Apparently a leaderboard reset tonight?

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/935435787771850752

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 28, 2017

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Soarer posted:

In the heat of the moment I didn't even really catch it at the start where he zips left after downing my team mate. Near the end where he zips left really fast while crouched behind the bush was what made me double take and bookmark the recording.

Honestly that just looks like server jank to me. Caused by poo poo servers and possibly a bad connection making the server interpolation/prediction spaz out when he changes directions.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Should I aim for headshots with a shotgun? People told me that it's retarded to aim for headshots after I complained about the fact that so many times, I've headshot a person with a shotgun and they still live. They told me you're meant to go for torso shots so all the pellets can hit, whereas going for headshots, some pellets don't hit because of the smaller target.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Q8ee posted:

Should I aim for headshots with a shotgun? People told me that it's retarded to aim for headshots after I complained about the fact that so many times, I've headshot a person with a shotgun and they still live. They told me you're meant to go for torso shots so all the pellets can hit, whereas going for headshots, some pellets don't hit because of the smaller target.

Listen to those people.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Soarer posted:

I've been working on a little project looking Hacker's stats to try to find patterns.

https://pubg.op.gg/user/zqy19920310?server=na

Aimbotters are easy to detect by their stats, but hackers like this are a lot harder. He's got a low win% and his Headshot % isn't that good either.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Q8ee posted:

the only time you should be realistically using a shotgun is the first 5 minutes of the game, so a lot of people don't have armor or only L1 so definitely aim for the torso by default

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Bhodi posted:

the only time you should be realistically using a shotgun is the first 5 minutes of the game, so a lot of people don't have armor or only L1 so definitely aim for the torso by default

I've seen Choco run around with one much later than that. I think while waiting for a sniper he will keep the shotty? Maybe he can chime in and explain why he likes it. I usually drop the shotty to go double AR

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Affi posted:

It's something I work on but I keep loving dying whenever I transition into the mid-late game. I'm not patient enough and I keep pushing and I probably push the wrong places at the wrong times.

It's frustrating because practicing that part is hard because you have to actually get there:

In that case drop away from people and keep an eye on the blue and think about where people are going to come from. If you aren’t patient push for the most central building you can and go for crates.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

fletcher posted:

I've seen Choco run around with one much later than that. I think while waiting for a sniper he will keep the shotty? Maybe he can chime in and explain why he likes it. I usually drop the shotty to go double AR
if you have really good aim you can down someone with a shotgun to the face first time every time when breaching so you keep it just for room to room and use the rifle the rest of the time. probably no one reading this has that kind of aim so it's better to use the spray-n-pray approach of the uzi or w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

fletcher posted:

Choco’s crazy accurate enough that burst damage is way more reliable than it would be for you or me, so the shotty’s strengths are a bigger thing.

• Locked thread