Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I’m handsome and tall enough to masquerade as a Bollywood actor, I know those movies are popular all over the Middle East
pic plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

axeil posted:

The Capital Weather Gang has won multiple awards for being the best weather-related news reporting out there. That alone is enough for my :10bux:

As a former meteorologist, those guys are legit.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I work with maps so I guarantee we will know exactly where we are when we die

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I can work some data analysis so we'll know how and when and why we will die.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Relentlessboredomm posted:

As a former meteorologist, those guys are legit.

Oh that's awesome! If I had been better at stats/gone to a different school that actually had that as a field you could study I might have become one. Weather (and weather models) are super neat.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Do you guys want to found SEAL team 7 and go and topple ISIS? I bet we could all combine to form a particular set of skills

I will build a predictive model that will tell us, based on all our traits, at which day each of us is most likely to die along with providing a confidence interval showing that our chances of collective survival are 1 in 1,000,000 or less.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

axeil posted:

I will build a predictive model that will tell us, based on all our traits, at which day each of us is most likely to die along with providing a confidence interval showing that our chances of collective survival are 1 in 1,000,000 or less.

poo poo, yeah you're probably better at that than I am.

I volunteer to challenge people to drinking contests should that ever come up in our fight against...Muslims. Hmm.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The video of the scammer in the WaPo article is hilarious because it plays out like every insurance fraud special investigation I've ever sat in on.

<extremely innocuous question like, "is this your address?">

<meekly> "You know what im just gonna say nevermind ok goodbye please dont ask me any other questions"

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

axeil posted:

Not even necessary. Say we landed a desert-faring boat of some sort, I'm trained to be the 1st one off of that boat to absorb the only well-aimed shot of the coming melee. You will all remember me for my courage

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Do you guys want to found SEAL team 7 and go and topple ISIS? I bet we could all combine to form a particular set of skills

I'll be the one who murders a Green Beret in an attempt to cover up my embezzlement of funds earmarked for paying off informants.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Not even necessary. Say we landed a desert-faring boat of some sort, I'm trained to be the 1st one off of that boat to absorb the only well-aimed shot of the coming melee. You will all remember me for my courage

We need a handful of actual soldiers to train the rest of us into Frank Castles

This is actually not a bad idea. I lack any meaning in my life, and hunting down the leaders of ISIS would be cool in many ways. We’d avenge hundreds of thousands of lives, elevate TFF as a brand, bond as brothers/sisters

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm sure I can be valuable to the team by preparing an integrated suite of user assistance and documentation, including online help, tutorials, and reference sheets. If our team has a REST API I am all over that doc as well.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

SHOAH NUFF posted:

We need a handful of actual soldiers to train the rest of us into Frank Castles

This is actually not a bad idea. I lack any meaning in my life, and hunting down the leaders of ISIS would be cool in many ways. We’d avenge hundreds of thousands of lives, elevate TFF as a brand, bond as brothers/sisters

Caro 2.0

For those not in the know: https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2299

quote:

A poster who is quite possibly insane. He has a major problem with the police and posts about it regularly in Goons In Platoons.

quote:

Caro has now reappeared under the name Just like I said. He's bought himself a helmet, a gas mask, an atropine pen, and a camcorder and is off to Libya to die a gruesome death probably at the hands of Pro-Kadaffi forces be a journalist. Hopefully his parents will peek down in the basement sometime before this happens and put a stop to it.

quote:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Don't do this Caro, you're seriously going to die if you try this. And not from CIA mind control drones either.

quote:

Just like I said posted:

No I won't. This is happening. Deal with it.

quote:

Ok, this is not a loving joke, Caro is truly in Libya and is participating in medical operations.

http://i.imgur.com/I5Uqq.jpg :stare:

If you see or hear anything of Caro, contact someone who can get him the help he needs, holy gently caress.

quote:

It should be noted that Caro's only knowledge about medical procedures came from YouTube videos that he saw. Why and how he successfully posed as a medic is beyond all powers of human comprehension.

quote:

Caro is apparently planning to go to Syria to cover their civil war. Apparently having avoided violent death in the Libyan war zone was not enough for him.

quote:

Apparently, on June 13 2013, Caro was placed on the FBI's Kidnappings and Missing Persons list:

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/kevin-patrick-dawes/view

quote:

Last reported in branch 215. A prison of the Syrian Military Intelligence Directorate. Last seen half fed and asking people to kill him

quote:

Is now confirmed, as per the mods who followed him during his batshit crazy trek, as having died in a Syrian torture prison.

Definitely the craziest forums adventure.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Leperfish you would learn Arabic and then create a system to teach it to us so we are speaking fluently in weeks. Language is going to be the biggest obstacle, next to race. Most of you guys are white, even Manas wouldn't pass as native. I think I could pull it off until I opened my mouth. Our story obviously has to be one of foreigners. Either to join ISIS (I don't know how they vet potential members, (Leperfish you could help find this out)) or some sort of Bollywood cover story where you all are my handlers. I haven't really thought this through but it wouldn't be a bad way to spend a life and we'd either end up absolute heroes, or dying fighting absolute evil. The worst case scenario is getting captured and tortured for years

edit: how badass would it be if we got caught by the US gov for trying to join ISIS but we just told them we were doing their job for them and showed them this old timestamped thread as proof and got US military equipment in return

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 28, 2017

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I have no desire to ever play army again.

I will, however, pretend to be your civilian oversight

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'll attach my name to it, so that when the option the movie, they can have an asian guy in the background who does something heroic at some point so the movie does well in China.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
yall dumb as hell

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

I'm with him. I'll be your civilian contractor while you all play military. I'll walk by with dirty khakis and a 5 o'clock shadow on my way to exactly 40hrs a week while you all slave away.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
If you all want to play army so bad why not just enroll at Texas A&M.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

grilled half a fish. its crazy how big those things get

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

If you all want to play army so bad why not just enroll at Texas A&M.

Hell you're the only one who has a useful job in this platoon swickles. Until you get mowed down because we're all dead while you're trying to treat us.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

wait I thought we were playing some kind of combination of james bond and ocean's 11, but vs. ISIS. If we're just playing army then I'm out

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leperflesh posted:

wait I thought we were playing some kind of combination of james bond and ocean's 11, but vs. ISIS. If we're just playing army then I'm out

I was thinking of it more like Stripes.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I'll provide logistics help from waaaaaaaaay back in the back lines. Like still in the USA back lines.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Leperflesh posted:

I was thinking of The Interview mostly, I wouldn't last 1 month in the army. But I guess if so many of us are down we would kinda form an army anyways

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I know a guy who works for Winchester. I'll sell you all guns and ammo (I'll also sell to isis). This way I can get rich and die on a cocaine binge on a yacht surrounded by scantily clad women.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Definitely the craziest forums adventure.
[/quote]

Best part of his back to life thread was someone saying "keeps looking at the hill for vilerat like the dog at the end of homeward bound"

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Best part for me was hearing that story before I knew he was a goon and shaking my head wondering who could be that dumb. Then stumbling over the thread one boring say.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Re: kids chat, as exhausting and expensive as she is, I’m pretty sure my kid is about the only thread keeping me from becoming the worst sort of shut-in man-child goon and instead working to be an actual mature adult, so that’s cool?

Also, Ehud if you want a Dolphins friend, while my wife and I have had a 5 year debate on whether the child would wind up being a Vikings or a 49ers fan, she independently determined this season that she loved dolphins, and therefore Miami is the team for her. In fairness, living with me has conditioned her to embrace mediocrity, so it’s about as natural a fit as one can expect.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Grittybeard posted:

Man who wants a Wilfork body calendar? I'm waiting on the full sized Wilfork body pillow personally.

Too big to be prime eligible

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Thaddius the Large posted:

Re: kids chat, as exhausting and expensive as she is, I’m pretty sure my kid is about the only thread keeping me from becoming the worst sort of shut-in man-child goon and instead working to be an actual mature adult, so that’s cool?

Also, Ehud if you want a Dolphins friend, while my wife and I have had a 5 year debate on whether the child would wind up being a Vikings or a 49ers fan, she independently determined this season that she loved dolphins, and therefore Miami is the team for her. In fairness, living with me has conditioned her to embrace mediocrity, so it’s about as natural a fit as one can expect.

So turns out your wife has a Jay Cutler fetish.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Worse, my child does (nonspecific pronouns rule, hell yes English language).

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Intruder posted:

They send Casper mattresses through FedEx, there's got to be a way to somehow pack a springform Wilfork into a surprisingly small package.

Will you pay more for the version that smells like BBQ ribs? (yes)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Spoeank posted:

The video of the scammer in the WaPo article is hilarious because it plays out like every insurance fraud special investigation I've ever sat in on.

<extremely innocuous question like, "is this your address?">

<meekly> "You know what im just gonna say nevermind ok goodbye please dont ask me any other questions"

I am not sure which is funnier

A. They honestly believe the accusers are false flags from the dems and thus thought they would prove it with a shoddy sensational story

Or

B. They were deliberately trying to undermine the testimony of the women and this was the best their master plan was capable of

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Oh I thought you meant your wife decided that and abandoned the Niners. Still, it's sad watching your kids make bad decisions and can't do anything about it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Make them a true fan and delay their vaccinations.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Intruder posted:

i find your lack of faith disturbing

fake e: shows as prime eligible in the search screen but apparently they're short on supply now

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am not sure which is funnier

A. They honestly believe the accusers are false flags from the dems and thus thought they would prove it with a shoddy sensational story

Or

B. They were deliberately trying to undermine the testimony of the women and this was the best their master plan was capable of

This is amazing because I knew there was gonna be a false flag sexual assault, but I thought it was gonna work.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Was chatting with a cool seeming lady on bumble but starting to get strong conservative vibes from her.

Talked about how amazing Colorado springs is, unprompted, and then later brought up "weak" younger folks wanting participation trophies, also unprompted.

Shame, but cest la vie

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Was chatting with a cool seeming lady on bumble but starting to get strong conservative vibes from her.

Talked about how amazing Colorado springs is, unprompted, and then later brought up "weak" younger folks wanting participation trophies, also unprompted.

Shame, but cest la vie

logically I know that not wanting to get to know people with opposing political/social views is only increasing the polarization, but I find myself doing it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Qwijib0 posted:

logically I know that not wanting to get to know people with opposing political/social views is only increasing the polarization, but I find myself doing it too.

There's a difference between getting to know people with political differences, and dating them. I've done the latter, and it's a bad idea.

• Locked thread