Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Dit Clapper, what a name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hey Mennoknight, what moves do you feel like Calgary should make?

I feel like they need a 3C, a backup G and a finisher forward

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

A move to Houston or Seattle would probably be best.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Calgary is playing Bennet at wing because they already have Monahan, Backlund, Jankowsky, whatshisnuts, and Stajan down centre.

Bennet is snakebit as gently caress right now, he could be turned into something worthwhile if they can find a team looking for a center who can't play center.

Calgery is about to hit the Blues situation where there are no players who make the team better and are also available for a price that won't be a net negative. It is why they too will not win another cup in our lifetimes.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Is there video od the Landeskog hit on Tkachuck? The still I saw looks super tame for 4 games.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Jonny Nox posted:

Is there video od the Landeskog hit on Tkachuck? The still I saw looks super tame for 4 games.

Landeskog hit Tkachuk in the neck and has been suspended for a crosscheck before, so 4 games isn't really surprising.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jovial Cow posted:

Dit Clapper, what a name.

I was gonna say, it's too bad this guy doesn't play today

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

My brain keeps changing that to Clit Dapper.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lmaoooo that guy on Twitter sharing the pic of him streaming the sixers and the flyers while in class

This is not gdt wtf awful app

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Jonny Nox posted:

Calgary is playing Bennet at wing because they already have Monahan, Backlund, Jankowsky, whatshisnuts, and Stajan down centre.

Bennet is snakebit as gently caress right now, he could be turned into something worthwhile if they can find a team looking for a center who can't play center.

Bennett is young but his numbers are going in the wrong direction. 36 points as a rookie is pretty decent but regressing the next season and now with only 3 points in 23 games this season doesn't inspire much confidence (or value)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

cenotaph posted:

My brain keeps changing that to Clit Dapper.

I mean that might be accurate too

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Levitate posted:

Bennett is young but his numbers are going in the wrong direction. 36 points as a rookie is pretty decent but regressing the next season and now with only 3 points in 23 games this season doesn't inspire much confidence (or value)

I feel like he needs a change of scenery if he wants to stay in the league

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I feel like he needs a change of scenery if he wants to stay in the league

So you admit that Calgary is an unending sea of snow, wheat and pickup trucks that eventually saps your soul.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

N: Fire
V: Hakstol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Like we can joke about platitudes and poo poo but honestly, the Flyers loving stink far more than they should at this point and it's time for Hakstol to pack his fuckin bags, this is completely absurd

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
https://twitter.com/SWhyno/status/935340590543331328

triple sulk posted:

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Pens have no backup goalie again. WBS backup has never played an AHL game. gently caress.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
News: That makes eight losses in a row.

Views: Fire Hakstol yesterday.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

If I see Brandon Manning out of position one more time or falling on his rear end I'm gonna tear my loving hair out

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
But see Manning should have been out there in OT over Hagg killing that penalty because veteran intangibles

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

I think they need to just chill out and learn how to play some fuckin defence. I would be cool with Brodie leaving town unless he turns it around tout suite

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
luu got his 200th win as a panther today. which makes him the second goalie to get 200 wins each on two different teams

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mage_Boy posted:

Pens have no backup goalie again. WBS backup has never played an AHL game. gently caress.

They're apparently trying to trade Ian Cole too for some reason, although presumably for offense and not a goalie.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/SWhyno/status/935340590543331328

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

what moves do you feel like Calgary should make?

Move to Houston or disband.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Eagles currently have more wins than the Flyers

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Is Ian Cole any good or is he like a less angry Roman Polak

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

shyduck posted:

The Eagles currently have more wins than the Flyers

Trade Giroux for Wentz.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Does anyone have a video of the set play the pens ran at the start of OT? Didn’t get a goal but it was pretty slick

In other N: this was like the 3rd game I’ve watched this season, and boy do I love hockey. Phil and Sid look gooooood. And it was my five day old daughters first! She slept through all of it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

And it was my five day old daughters first! She slept through all of it
Congrats!

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

grack posted:

So you admit that Calgary is an unending sea of snow, wheat and pickup trucks that eventually saps your soul.

You forgot the mountains.

Also the snow ends. We have chinooks. :colbert:

The chinooks cause migraines

Aaaaanyway, I turned off the Flyers game when they went up with 3 minutes left. WTF happened?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

shyduck posted:

Congrats!

especially on the kid sleeping through all of it part

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Koopa Kid posted:

Is Ian Cole any good or is he like a less angry Roman Polak

Better than Polak. He's basically an adequate defenseman possession-wise who is also good at blocking shots and hitting and has decent offensive ability for what type of player he is too. He can skate also. He's a good 5th or 6th defenseman ideally, but he can moonlight as a #4.

The Pens are probably not going to be able to afford him and he's an impending UFA. They've also had trouble offensively this year at 5v5 and have too many left side D as it is with Maatta, Dumo, and Hunwick all liking that side. My guess would be they move him for a forward of some kind but I don't know what the market will be like on Cole. I imagine there would be a fair amount of demand as he is better than your average scrub rental dman.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

The Wild might need to take more than 19 shots per game in the future. Poor Stalock :smith:

not gonna lie that game felt really good

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Mackey said there are expectations that Coles salary right now (2.2mil) will more than double on his next contract. Fuckin' lol. I guess not unexpected though. Two time Cup winning dman with grit? That's a UFA feeding frenzy waiting to happen.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

fits posted:

luu got his 200th win as a panther today. which makes him the second goalie to get 200 wins each on two different teams

:sigh:

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

triple sulk posted:

This forever.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

Aaaaanyway, I turned off the Flyers game when they went up with 3 minutes left. WTF happened?

The Flyers. The Flyers happened. At least they didn't lose in a shootout!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Ginette Reno posted:

Mackey said there are expectations that Coles salary right now (2.2mil) will more than double on his next contract. Fuckin' lol. I guess not unexpected though. Two time Cup winning dman with grit? That's a UFA feeding frenzy waiting to happen.

He sounds like an Edmonton Oiler already

• Locked thread