Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

When does good poo poo start showing up in the desert mine? I've made it into the 20s and it doesn't seem like there's anything I can't get by warping to floor 100 of the normal mine so far

i made a super prepared run one time with staircases, energy drinks, tons of food, and full stacks of bombs, got luck with holes and made it to about ~80 or something

iridium is on almost every floor, and in the process you get a shitload of every other ore. seems worth it if you want full iridium sprinklers. i actually don't hate the dungeon crawling aspect, so i usually try to do a little desert mining on each run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

When does good poo poo start showing up in the desert mine? I've made it into the 20s and it doesn't seem like there's anything I can't get by warping to floor 100 of the normal mine so far
There's iridium/gold/diamond spawns at 40(?)ish and it grows exponentially, so you could end up on a floor with 26 iridium rocks which and net 100 ore, or something like that. It's been a while since I actually played. The main strategy for the desert mines is to just load up on bombs and make sure you get there as soon as Pam gets her hungover rear end to the bus station.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The chance for Iridium goes up the deeper you go, I just bring a bunch of bombs and make new ones with the copper and iron ore I get there

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Though tbh most of my Iridium came from the slimes there

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

What does the slime hutch actually do? I never bothered with it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can breed slimes but they don't really do anything other than produce more slimes. It seems like purely a post-game mess around thing. You can also go crazy trying to get a nest of rare purple slimes so you have a renewable source of iridium on your farm

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the game is pretty much perfect as is, but i do wish a few things were more fleshed out. in short, i need stardew 2

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
You gotta do a psycho skull cave dive by filling your whole inventory with stone except for 1 stack of food and bombs, then craft staircases and dive to floor 150+, the levels are full of iridium. I did it and got like 1300 iridium ore

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

You can breed slimes but they don't really do anything other than produce more slimes. It seems like purely a post-game mess around thing. You can also go crazy trying to get a nest of rare purple slimes so you have a renewable source of iridium on your farm

I would build a slime hutch if you could let them out and they could slime around your farm. Also if you couldn't accidentally explode 90% of them with the prismatic hammer like I did

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I think I've only found 3 areas to pan for ore since unlocking it. i only got copper and iron. do you get iridium ore from panning ever?

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I think I've only found 3 areas to pan for ore since unlocking it. i only got copper and iron. do you get iridium ore from panning ever?

(Reboot voice) I intend to find out!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I unlocked panning a few days ago and I haven’t once seen a spot where I could actually do it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i unfortunately think panning is a bit of a trap, or rather a feature not really implemented

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I'm excited for concerned ape's next project, whatever it is and whenever it comes out

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I'm excited for concerned ape's next project, whatever it is and whenever it comes out

Yeah. But also stardew multiplayer. But also the single player content coming with the multiplayer patch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is multiplayer going to be online? That's insanely exciting

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Is multiplayer going to be online? That's insanely exciting

Yes. I think its coming to PC first. No release date but the last thing he said about it was that theyre still on track for a PC beta by the end of the year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Imp Zone farm is gonna be popping off as the snow settles outside the window.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

The Imp Zone farm is gonna be popping off as the snow settles outside the window.

Words cannot describe my excitement for this. How many people can play together? Because a whole imp zone collective farm sounds like the most fun poo poo ever

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'll be running the farm that Rediscover isn't on. Hit me up for friend codes.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I just assumed multiplayer meant like, trading and visiting ppls farms, not like cooperatively building a farm from scratch

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

I'll be running the farm that Rediscover isn't on. Hit me up for friend codes.

Why are you so scared of me.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I just assumed multiplayer meant like, trading and visiting ppls farms, not like cooperatively building a farm from scratch

I don't actually know anything about it except what I read in this thread but I really hope its the latter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

https://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-multiplayer-news/ so it looks like there's a main "host" and then you can have up to two other people simultaneously playnwith you and do stuff in the farm and town

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm scared of a 4 foot tall Dominos waiter that holds cigarettes in the gay French style, everyone.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

https://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-multiplayer-news/ so it looks like there's a main "host" and then you can have up to two other people simultaneously playnwith you and do stuff in the farm and town

breaking up into teams and having a bad rear end Farm tourney? Methinks yes

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Sounds neat, I'll definitely give it a try

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kind of a bummer that you have to start a new farm for it tho

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's going to be realllly tight getting the greenhouse by winter 1. in fact i have a feeling if it happens it'll be near the end. i miscalculated, i think, and should've rushed farm buildings instead of tool upgrades so that i could close out all of the animal product stuff. but i have like 10 more rolls on the traveling merchant to get that poo poo, and can make at least some of it in fall, so we'll see. on pace for 3 to 4 complete bundles by end of winter, though.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I won the egg hunt on my first try and now have a Straw hat.. The 3 hours sessions are starting to kick in

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

rediscover posted:

I won the egg hunt on my first try and now have a Straw hat.. The 3 hours sessions are starting to kick in

I wish it told me how close I was to winning, but on the other hand I have something to try for next year... This time I won't be caught so off guard.

I've been preparing for the Fall Fair, I've gotten down to level 100 in the mines so I'm hoping to have some Iridium - if not I've got a bunch of gold bars, some gold star crops/fish, and diamonds and stuff. I think I'll do pretty well in it, and I'm excited. Stardew Valley is incredible. Was this really just made by one guy? If so, the amount of talent here is unbelievable. The only real, genuine problem I have with the game lies in the shopping system. It's not often, but sometimes when I buy something I accidentally resell it out of habit cause I'm trying to move it somewhere else on my toolbar. This most recently happened with the 9k sword from the Adventurer's Guild and honestly it pissed me off pretty bad. Got a harvest in the next day though, so whatever. Money won't even be a problem once I start getting Iridium and making those sprinklers, twelve tiles? Are you kidding me? That's insane.

This post brought to you by Cherry Steel Reserve or whatever I've actually been drinking tonight

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I got to the bottom of the mines and ended up with like 4 iridium ore, so not even enough for a single bar. It's very sparse there.... do community center bundles to get access to another mine

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

I got to the bottom of the mines and ended up with like 4 iridium ore, so not even enough for a single bar. It's very sparse there.... do community center bundles to get access to another mine

yep. if you care about spoilers the money one

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I don't think I ever got iridium ore from the normal mine before

I got a prismatic shard though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fishing doesn't really give a lot of money per day unless it's raining and I can just do it for the entire day but it's cool scraping by. I never bothered buying ore in my first playthrough because I was swimming in it constantly but now it's the way I progress. I can't wait to get a house though, I want that kitchen. Is the fridge still bugged on switch

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

yeah it's still bugged. Nintendo is approving the patch.

you can cook stuff as long as you only put in the ingredients you need in the fridge and then go back and organize it when it's empty. that works for me, at least

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

making sashimi out of garbage fish will give you more money than selling the fish outright. and you can also make friends with Sebastian since he loves it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I don't think I ever got iridium ore from the normal mine before

I got a prismatic shard though

I believe all the iridium I found was from enemy drops, I never saw an ore deposit. What is the cooking/fridge bug? I heard the Switch version sometimes crashes if you have blank spots in your storage/inventory so I've just been hitting organize every time i pull something out (which you can do quick with the minus button btw) and haven't had problems so far

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fridge is super bugged, i dont know the details but having stuff in it can cause your game to crash when you go to bed. i think it has something to do with upgrading tools too, but basically dont use the fridge until the patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got lucky with geodes this time around and got six iridium ore from them around mid-summer, so i'll be taking an iridium bar to the fair

• Locked thread