Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

12 minutes in he is exasperatedly screaming "i don't know why this is so confusing to the two of you!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Tarranon posted:

Jimmy pardo...but also it’s under an hour. Considering the ads take up twenty minutes will this be short and sweet or short and...sour???

lol they didn't get ads this week. Great ep

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The point is.. My son is BIG SHOT And I should get points for that

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Stitcher Premium is absolutely worth it:

The Complete Woman
improv4humans
With Special Guest
Stolen Idea
Strictly Business
Mike Detective
Hard Nation
Superego
Teachers Lounge
Hollywood Handbook
Hollywood Monsterclass

There's more.....but these are all pretty great.

Want to throw a plug in for Mission to Zyxx. Really good podcast that sounds like The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

If the world never gets a Mike Detective season 2 that's the worst fate for humans that I can think of. To have that content Taken from us... it's just like that movie

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I've added up all the podcasts on stitcher premium and considering that all radio & podcasts are free I've assigned them a collective value of $0.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
The $3 I spent for a year is worth it. Beyond that I dunno there are a lot of podcasts.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

First HH I’ve listened to in forever, super fun. I definitely need to dedicate more time to it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The point is.. My son is BIG SHOT And I should get points for that

I liked when they told Jimmy his son is over because he owns a selfie stick

and the whole sully bit

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Do you think Kevin Bartell's job is just to give the engineers a break? And has anyone listened to this week's Who Charted called oddly "Kevin Slump: Podcast Agent".
Really enjoying the relaunched James Bonding.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Want to throw a plug in for Mission to Zyxx. Really good podcast that sounds like The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

I listened to the first couple and thought they were fun, but really felt pretty much the same as Improvised Star Trek which I got tired of as too zany after a couple dozen episodes. Does it change at all after the first 2 or 3 episodes, or end up feeling more serialized?

Reformed Pissboy posted:

If the world never gets a Mike Detective season 2 that's the worst fate for humans that I can think of. To have that content Taken from us... it's just like that movie

Scott tweeted out a picture of a new Mike Detective script a few months ago. Not sure if it was for a season 2 or if it was adapting it into some other medium, however.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 22, 2017

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Reformed Pissboy posted:

I can't believe Mike Detective didn't come up on Huebel's CBB last week

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Raised by TV isn't essential podcasting but it's really fun and enjoyable and Gabrus saying in today's ep that he prepares for the show by 1) Drinking a cold brew and 2) Thinking really hard in a coffee shop (no writing down, just thinking) is such a great image.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
gotta be honest i had some concerns the boys wouldn’t be able to sync with pardo or vice versa but this ep was really good.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does anyone remember which podcast it was where Sean talks about how he proposed to his wife

I know it was Spont or Doughboys but I don't remember which

thanks!
vvv

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 24, 2017

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone remember which podcast it was where Sean talks about how he proposed to his wife

their first doughboys, the rock lobsterfest episode.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

feedmyleg posted:

I listened to the first couple and thought they were fun, but really felt pretty much the same as Improvised Star Trek which I got tired of as too zany after a couple dozen episodes. Does it change at all after the first 2 or 3 episodes, or end up feeling more serialized?

Tone stays pretty much the same. However the situations that they get into keeps it feeling fresh......while the guest characters are mostly great...and the chemistry between the characters/improvisers is very good. I'd say give it a few more episodes before giving up on it.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Help Im Alive posted:

thanks!
vvv

ahhh the old "ring in the popcorn bag during the jason segel vehicle 'sex tape'" routine

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
The Boyz are back on With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus - Thank God It’s the Guardians of the Galaxy Original Soundtrack Part 2
:swoon: :vince:

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
God I would've loved to have seen the look on Lauren's face when Hayes announced who the guest was going to be.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Re: the high and mighty power hour thanksgiving ep: the more I think about it the more pissed I am about those two drunk idiots falling over each other to scream credit at each other for inventing a popular podcast that's existed for years

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Re: the high and mighty power hour thanksgiving ep: the more I think about it the more pissed I am about those two drunk idiots falling over each other to scream credit at each other for inventing a popular podcast that's existed for years

Thanks for reminding me about them. They fell out of my rotation and they are good.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
High and Mighty Power Hour was great
Nicole Byer is great
I would wager that Nick Wiger, despite his "I don't know how to use a vape" and "Listen, I have had more than 6 alcohols" facade, is a functional chemical dependent who was able to read the room and knew exactly what he was saying.

Stitcher Premium remains terrible; it turns out you can't use the Black Friday promo code if you are an existing subscriber but if you "cancel" your subscription trying to make it work you are offered no subscription OR renewal options and your account is banished to a sort of limbo.

There's finally a Teacher's Lounge shirt.

Drew Tarver's dad went viral because he HATES memes
https://twitter.com/drewtarver/status/933922057187770374

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

JethroMcB posted:

Drew Tarver's dad went viral because he HATES memes
https://twitter.com/drewtarver/status/933922057187770374

If you told me this was Drew in makeup doing a character I'd believe you

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
They’re talking U2 2 us again!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

There's finally a Teacher's Lounge shirt.

I love you and I'm in love with you

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

This t-shirt thing is for sure sustainable.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
ohmygodohmygodohmygod
https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/935480826757767168

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also, there's a new Womp It Up!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Mr. Squishy posted:

This t-shirt thing is for sure sustainable.

Is that a t-shirt? Can we make that a t-shirt?

Also, I tried to listen to the 2nd episode of Raised by TV, since I know more cartoons from that time than I do sitcoms, and from the start is was basically them just listening to and singing cartoon theme songs. I turned it off once Lapkus started singing the Tiny Toons theme. Does it get better from there, or should I just not bother?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

They got a bit down on themselves at the end, but I bet Scot will regret raising the spectre of the same podcast but about REM, if only they were sure people would like it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Ape of Naples posted:

Also, there's a new Womp It Up!

Hell yes, so glad they're back. I went through the entire run a few months back and was reminded of what a delight those two are when they get to cut loose. Expanding the world of Marina Del Rey High School beyond the usual crew that turns up on their CBB episodes helps so much (And every guest is outstanding.)

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
how can a show like cumtown get ads but hollywood handbook has burned every bridge by making ones people actually listening to. even if they do mention things like pedophilia while talking about them

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Well remember, per the most recent Santaman/Moriarty spot "the ads have been underperforming." I do not have use for/cannot afford most of the things advertised on podcasts, I have no clue what anybody is buying from these things. I assume like 100 tech bros in San Fran keep every podcast afloat by signing up for $75/month artisinal dog water add-in delivery services and then forgetting about them.

Today's HH was a stone cold classic, Jess and Zach's Spont last week was also great. I really need to start listening to Off Book.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i signed up for audible with the code handbook back when that was a thing, and i am very happy with that service. once a month i pay $15 to get a 40-60 hour audibook about some dumb high fantasy bullshit or a biography of teddy roosevelt. great service. syncs between my devices so if i'm at home on the computer or out on my phone it keeps my spot.

but i don't want to work for lift, i don't want boxes of garbage delivered to my house, i'm not looking to hire anyone, and i don't need a matress.

maybe i should do harry's razors

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

cams posted:

i signed up for audible with the code handbook back when that was a thing, and i am very happy with that service. once a month i pay $15 to get a 40-60 hour audibook about some dumb high fantasy bullshit or a biography of teddy roosevelt. great service. syncs between my devices so if i'm at home on the computer or out on my phone it keeps my spot.

but i don't want to work for lift, i don't want boxes of garbage delivered to my house, i'm not looking to hire anyone, and i don't need a matress.

maybe i should do harry's razors

I wish they would just set up a patreon because yeah I'd donate $10+ a month to that but I'm probably not going to start a business/enroll in chapman university anytime soon

I wonder if earwolf has some contractual thing where they're not allowed one

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

I wish they would just set up a patreon because yeah I'd donate $10+ a month to that but I'm probably not going to start a business/enroll in chapman university anytime soon

there were the "jokes" on the lapkus episode about the doughboys patreon and how feral treats their podcasters very well.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Considering some of the jokes they've made about Patreons I'd be surprised if there wasn't something like that blocking them.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

To me I'd say, if you're head writer on a network tv show maybe do your podcast for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Work Friend Keven posted:

To me I'd say, if you're head writer on a network tv show maybe do your podcast for free

I wouldn't do that; it'll kill jobs.