Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

Memento posted:

she's marrying the 5th in line to the British throne

Her children will also be American citizens and the thus eligible to become president of the United States. Meaning there is a small but nonzero percent chance that a future president of the United States may also be in line for the British throne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Her children will also be American citizens and the thus eligible to become president of the United States. Meaning there is a small but nonzero percent chance that a future president of the United States may also be in line for the British throne.

So, hypothetically, if one of those children did become President and the monarch over there kicked the bucket and our President was next in line, would they be President and King/Queen? Or would they go to their royal duties, resigning from the presidency?

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
They would have to place Britain in a blind trust so as not to create a conflict of interest.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Leavemywife posted:

So, hypothetically, if one of those children did become President and the monarch over there kicked the bucket and our President was next in line, would they be President and King/Queen? Or would they go to their royal duties, resigning from the presidency?

i believe the constitution forbids the potus from holding any titles in a foreign government, so he would have to surrender any claims he holds to be eligible

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

RFC2324 posted:

i believe the constitution forbids the potus from holding any titles in a foreign government, so he would have to surrender any claims he holds to be eligible

Remember the Constitution, guys?

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Leavemywife posted:

The Constitution forbids anyone "holding an office of profit or trust" from accepting any title or office from a foreign state without consent of Congress. So if Congress agreed it would be totally legit since nothing in British succession law prevents it.

There's sort of a precedent for this sort of thing since the President of France is by law also a co-Prince of Andorra along with the Bishop of Urgell. That's sort of the same thing.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

trying to research this lead me to this, so the kid would be a shoe in

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_royal_candidate_theory

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka

RFC2324 posted:

trying to research this lead me to this, so the kid would be a shoe in

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_royal_candidate_theory

Lol the guy died a few months after his theory didn’t pan out.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Spectral Debt posted:

Lol the guy died a few months after his theory didn’t pan out.

it was revived in 2012 by some kid in California, it must be true!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Memento posted:

she's marrying the 5th in line to the British throne

Contrast and compare

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

RFC2324 posted:

it was revived in 2012 by some kid in California, it must be true!
The best part was that kid doing all the painstaking research to find out that every president was a descendant of King John... except for Martin Van Buren. What are the odds that exactly one wouldn't be? something something illuminati

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The best part was that kid doing all the painstaking research to find out that every president was a descendant of King John... except for Martin Van Buren. What are the odds that exactly one wouldn't be? something something illuminati

I can believe it. Van Buren grew up in an insular Dutch-American community (his first language was Dutch, even) whereas every other early president was super Anglo.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://i.imgur.com/U54UAwS.gifv

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

You look at it and think "oh okay, so someone made Bayonetta sho-- are those hooves?!"

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://i.imgur.com/x8ioNwO.gifv

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pffft, that pussy looking all shook.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

I hope those dogs are ok.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They look like the put-upon dogs at the end of a wacky comedy trying to take care of this human puppy who just keeps grabbing things and making a mess.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Ribs Kid grew up and started a family :shobon:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Woebin posted:

Ribs Kid grew up and started a family :shobon:

Is... is his mouth upside-down in that photo? Something about this looks off to me.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
computer *enhance*

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Is... is his mouth upside-down in that photo? Something about this looks off to me.

It's the Bull's Eye BBQ sauce. That makes everything taste off.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

you're right, it was photoshopped. Here's the original one

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

you're right, it was photoshopped. Here's the original one

balderdash

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Guy Goodbody posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

It's ok, I fixed it

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Erebus posted:

Contrast and compare

The Mail is a racist, classist rag not fit to wipe the asses of decent people. Think Fox News, but as a lovely tabloid that doesn't even bother to disguise its blatant panic-mongering as journalism. Overwrought hand-wringing about poors, Muslims, gays, and whatever else gives sheltered middle-class white Britons heart palpitations is the Daily Mail's MO. gently caress 'em.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Didn't she attend an expensive private school

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Bet she learned communism in it.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The Mail is a racist, classist rag not fit to wipe the asses of decent people. Think Fox News, but as a lovely tabloid that doesn't even bother to disguise its blatant panic-mongering as journalism. Overwrought hand-wringing about poors, Muslims, gays, and whatever else gives sheltered middle-class white Britons heart palpitations is the Daily Mail's MO. gently caress 'em.

I had a good chuckle when Wikipedia banned them as a source for articles.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Captain Splendid posted:

I had a good chuckle when Wikipedia banned them as a source for articles.

I didn't think Daily Mail readers and Wikipedia editors were heavily overlapping demographics.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Phlegmish posted:

Didn't she attend an expensive private school

Doesn't matter: the Daily Mail and its readers famously hates darkies coloured blacks immigrants [editor's note: the lawyers say we have to call them 'illegal immigrants', so use that from now on] so the fact that she's off-white means that they get to use lots of negative stereotypes for clickbait articles.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

AKA Pseudonym posted:

The Constitution forbids anyone "holding an office of profit or trust" from accepting any title or office from a foreign state without consent of Congress. So if Congress agreed it would be totally legit since nothing in British succession law prevents it.

There's sort of a precedent for this sort of thing since the President of France is by law also a co-Prince of Andorra along with the Bishop of Urgell. That's sort of the same thing.

Yes but that is by appointment and tied to the office; in this case the other title would be hereditary and tied to the person.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22KQaQPsd94

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

I thought this was much worse until I saw the bottle of chocolate syrup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Samuringa posted:

It's ok, I fixed it

Lol