Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Thanks to my ridiculous FFX pull and fully kitted out Tidus (minus LMR) I was able to beat my first magicite yesterday, and beat him again tonight. I have mostly no idea what equipping magicite does but now I've got Living Flame and some Dragons that might give me attack boost 1? I guess I'll be farming Living Flame for a long time because I don't have much in the way of absurd fire relics to take on the Ice magicite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
:supaburn: :goshawk: ABILITY UPDATE IN TWO HOURS :goshawk: :supaburn:

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
phoenix downer would be a bird drug ha ha ha

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
manufacted methicite lol

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The 5* mote distribution is kinda terrible. There are so many different mote types you get for physical but for some reason multiple roles all fall under "caster" and share those limited motes.

For physical it feels like the ideal dives are:

-Double Casters
-Who have top tier SBs
-Which you also have

For me that's only Tidus who I already dove. Now I'm getting to the stage of like, I guess I can dive Tifa who I only use for a single materia battle, or the Ninjas who I don't have SBs for and who need piles of orbs

PneumonicBook posted:

Thanks to my ridiculous FFX pull and fully kitted out Tidus (minus LMR) I was able to beat my first magicite yesterday, and beat him again tonight. I have mostly no idea what equipping magicite does but now I've got Living Flame and some Dragons that might give me attack boost 1? I guess I'll be farming Living Flame for a long time because I don't have much in the way of absurd fire relics to take on the Ice magicite.

They have abilities that give your party overall stat boosts/damage boosts. Some of them can be really good.

Usually farming the fire magicite gives you a lot of abilities that help you on the ice one so yeah that's basically what to do. For ice magicite a tleast there are a couple of things that really help:

1) Fire Magic is pretty good, even without relics
2) He does a lot of damage, if you have a damage reflect shield and 2 healers that will outdamage most fire relics

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
has anyone ever had their magicites get reset to blank on their Saved Parties? Twice in the last 3 days I've seen my party 1 slot lose its saved magicites, when I know for a fact I didn't re-save it with them gone. None of the other quick slots were affected.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Shock Trooper posted:

has anyone ever had their magicites get reset to blank on their Saved Parties? Twice in the last 3 days I've seen my party 1 slot lose its saved magicites, when I know for a fact I didn't re-save it with them gone. None of the other quick slots were affected.
Does this have anything to do with multiplayer? You can't take magicites into a multiplayer fight regardless of mode, and if you look at the parties available from your favorites they will have any saved magicites blanked out.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Expected Patch Notes:

Upcoming ability buffs
    Abilities wil give more soul break points: rarities 1–6 now give roughly 11 - 11 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14% of a bar. After buffing, they’ll give 12 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 16 - 18%.
    Abilities with elements attached generally will give 1% less (2% less at 5-star and 6-star), and fast-casting abilities will give 1% less at 5-star and 6-star.
    Details on specific abilities below. Names in quotes are abilities not yet in global. (Data from Enlir https://redd.it/6mhxb7)

Black Magic
  • Damage & Hits: Meltdown m14.7/3 => m14.8/4, Flare m12.0/1 => m13.25/5, Meteor m9.0/1 => m10.5/3
  • just Damage: Ultima m12.0/3 => m13.5/3
  • just Hits: Chain -ga spells m11.8/2 => m11.8/4
  • other: Chain Biora no longer 0.1 weaker than other chain -gas, and Poison chance 4% => 11%

White Magic
  • just hits: Holy m12.0/1 => m12.0/4
  • other: Ultra Cure cast time 1.65 => 1.5 (same as Curaja)

Combat
  • Damage & Hits: Crushdown p3.2/2 => p3.6/3 (and cast time 1.8 => 1.65)
  • just Damage: Barrage p2.8/4 => p4.0/4, Full Charge p4.68/4 => p4.8/4

Support
  • Damage & Hits: Quadruple Foul p3.0/2 => p4.0/4 (total status chance nearly identical)

Celerity
  • just Hits: Quick Hit p2.4/1 => p2.4/2, Powerchain p2.0/1 => p2.0/2, Northern Cross p4.0/2 => p4.0/4 (total status chance 51% => 53%)
  • Summon (all abilities go from 1-5 uses to 2-6 uses)
  • Damage & Hits: Bahamut m15.0/2 => m16.5/3, Titan and Ultima Weapon m14.8/2 => m15.0/3
  • special: Odin m12.0/1 => m12.0/2, KO chance 99% => 100%, and now causes -20% DEF/RES 25s

Spellblade
  • Damage & Hits: Snowspell Strike p4.2/2 => p4.4/4, Flare Strike p3.0/1 => p4.0/5
  • just Hits: Blazing/Engulfing/Thundering Twinstrike p3.2/2 => p3.2/4

Dragoon
  • Damage & Hits: Dragoon Jump p4.7/2 => p4.92/4
  • just Damage: Sky High multipliers all increase by one level, or p0.48. Base dmg p4.24/4 => p4.72/4
  • special: Sky Grinder cast time 1.65 => 1.5

Monk
  • Damage & Hits: Fires Within p3.0/2 => p3.4/4
  • just Damage: "Burning/Gaia Rush" p2.72/4 => p2.88/4 (not in global yet)

Thief
  • Damage & Hits: Dash and Slash & Poison Leaves p3.3/2 => p3.4/4 (no dagger), p3.7/2 => p3.8/4 (dagger)
  • special: Mug Bloodlust p3.2/1 => p3.2/2, steal stats 20% => 30%
  • special: Mug Time p2.5/1 => p2.6/2, haste always granted even if slow misses

Knight
  • Damage & Hits: Aegis Strike p3.44/2 => p3.9/3
  • special: Saint Cross cast time 1.8 => 1.65, Regen (lo => hi)

Samurai
  • just Hits: Hailstorm p3.2/2 => p3.2/4
  • special: Flashing Blade cast time drops with use: 1.65 - 1.485 - 1.155 - 0.825 - 0.495

Ninja
  • just Hits: Reflecting Pool & Ancestral Reflection 2.0/1 => 2.0/2
  • special: Doppelblade cast time 1.65 => 0.825, Sap chance 24% => 31%
  • special: Stitch in Time was +30% MAG, –30% DEF => +30% ATK/MAG, –30% DEF (ID #6020)

Machinist
  • Damage & Hits: Penalty Strike 2 => 3 hits, p2.9 - 3.4 - 3.7 - 4.0 => p3.0 - 3.45 - 3.75 - 4.05
  • just Damage: "Cold/Heat/Spark Offer" p1.28/2 => p2.0/2

Darkness
  • Damage & Hits: Dark Zone & Morbid Countdown 2 => 4 hits, undoomed dmg unchanged (m9.0). Doomed dmg m13.5 => m14.0 (Zone), m15.0 => m15.2 (Morbid)
  • Damage & Hits: Reaping Scythe 2 => 4 hits, undoomed dmg p2.1 => p2.2, doomed p3.8 => p4.0
  • just Hits: Dire Weapon p3.0/2 => p3.0/4, Dire Heal m10.4/2 => m10.4/4, Sanguine Cross p3.8/2 => p3.8/4 and self lose 25% => 15% maxHP
  • just Damage: Crimson Cross p4.2/4 => p4.4/4, and self lose 30% => 25% maxHP

Sharpshooter
  • Damage & Hits: Sapphire Shot, Icicle Shot, Ruby Spark 2 => 4 hits, p3.3 => p3.4 (not ranged), p3.7 => p3.8 (ranged)

Shock Trooper posted:

Yeah constantly. I thought maybe I fused one away.

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 28, 2017

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

NGDBSS posted:

Does this have anything to do with multiplayer? You can't take magicites into a multiplayer fight regardless of mode, and if you look at the parties available from your favorites they will have any saved magicites blanked out.

Maybe that's what happened, when I got lazy and used my party 1 slot (which is generally whatever new characters I'm leveling) to do the 80/120 battles. I don't remember re-saving afterwards though. Oh well, thanks!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Global datamining goes up to the looming Onion Knight USB event:

Schedule seems to be FFTA -> FFIX -> FFXII -> FFXIII-2 -> VI -> III
I, XIII, and XIV torments are translated
The Girls Wardrobe event is also translated

Meia and Dimensions 2 remain untranslated, as well as the Record Missions; however, some of the Record Mission relics have been translated.
Yuffie's BSB2 and LMR, Kimahri's USB, and Warrior of Light's LMR
Garland's OSB from Mobius, too.

In addition, while the banner headers themselves have not been translated, all the Super Fest relics ON the banners have been. Seems like they'll be cobbling together a fest for the rest of us.
Edit: Well then.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Zidane appreciates this Dash & Slash buff. :getin:

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I found one translation gem already. St Cross.

"...and cast Esuna and a large amount of Regen to the user."

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I thought the daily dungeon rework supposed to be in this update. Is there an ETA for that?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
December 18th

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

All the code is in place though, so it shouldn’t need another big maintenance to get it running - maybe a small one at most.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Seems that a few forgotten 5* skills are pretty attractive to craft now, mainly Flare and Flare Strike, especially if you've got some dual-casters and some extra Fire and Non-Elemental orbs around. Odin looks kinda neat but Dark Orbs :(

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Flare and Flare Strike are definite standouts. While they aren't immediately superstars, we're moving towards an age of endgame fights having omniresists so good non-elemental options will be more and more valuable.

Odin is nifty for the dualbreak but he falls behind other 5* summons enough that he's not worth making and honing just for that utility.

Some Other Standouts:

Meteor was already good for AoE fights and is even better to have around now.

Barrage is is also competitive with Full Charge now, it's still less potency but it doesn't require either a long casttime or an ability slot for Chainstarter to be useful. It's brought down a bit by being random target though.

Dash & Slash was already good but is even better now with 4 hits, for any wind thieves you got stuff for. This is a big boon for Zidane USB owners.

Holy is the same potency but got changed to 4 hits, making it infinitely less prone to damage capping. Especially good since we're moving towards an era of offensive white mage options.

Ultra Cure is down to the same cast time as other heals, so you aren't healing slower for using it anymore.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
I'm glad I can make Y'shtola the damage dealer she was always meant to be now.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Interceptor woofs on Shadow's USB and woofs when doing the follow up ninja attacks now

Best patch DeNA

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Well well well, look who feels really smart for keeping his R3 Flare and Meteor around all this time. :smug:

And my R5 Ultra Cure is now just my new default heal.

of course now I need to figure out what the next priority for honing abilities is going to be. Are there any new must-haves from either the patch, or the new abilities that were released over the past few months?

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
It's nice to hear the Flare and Flare Strike might become relevant again. My Vivi and Squall are already dived and well-equipped to take advantage of either ability. I'll probably craft copies of them and keep them at R1 until we get to a point where omniresists actually start causing me trouble. For now, I don't think anyone needs to make a major orb investment in either ability.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
r3 meteor has always been pretty good for generic aoe damage

flare/flare strike however...

e: where do i find stamina potions to buy?

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 28, 2017

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Snazzy Frocks posted:

r3 meteor has always been pretty good for generic aoe damage

flare/flare strike however...

e: where do i find stamina potions to buy?

In the Gyshal shop tomorrow. They go live the 29th.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Flare and Flare Strike are definite standouts. While they aren't immediately superstars, we're moving towards an age of endgame fights having omniresists so good non-elemental options will be more and more valuable.

Flare Strike is mostly hard to find a great user for, since Spellblade's niche has become hitting elemental weakness and Omega Drive is still top of the physical damage mountain. It's rare to find a dedicated Spellblade user whose USB/BSB/Legend Dive doesn't explicitly want a certain element. Celes wants to stick to hitting weakness to build her gauge up, Squall wants his BSB2 commands for raw DPS, Bartz needs elements for his chaser, Orlandeau prefers to stick to Knight/Darkness skills, Cloud likewise wants to stick to Combat (and in turn Omega Drive) for his DPS.

That leaves Reks, Paine, Scott, Steiner, and Delita. Of those, how many people do you know are talking about using Reks, Scott, or Delita? (Well, aside from the people who have Delita as a waifu.) Squall might be a good user if you just have his USB and Legend Dive, but he kind of falls into mediocrity without his BSB2, himself.

Flare Strike will always be "good" and not "great", though thankfully it will never be "godawful" again like it was yesterday.

EDIT:

Uncle Ulty posted:

of course now I need to figure out what the next priority for honing abilities is going to be. Are there any new must-haves from either the patch, or the new abilities that were released over the past few months?

It depends on what you already have and/or what characters you want to raise (due to playing favorites or getting a good relic for them).

If you have a Samurai, Hailstorm has changed from "good buffing move" to "solid DPS that also happens to be a good self-buff".
If you're running a monk, Fires Within has almost entirely obsoleted Blazing Rush, no more than a month after the latter was released. It does better damage, self-heals, and has the same number of hits (so same theoretical damage cap).
Spellblades and Ninjas haven't had their priority changed, but their good stuff just got better.
For Thieves - especially thieves that get enwind or a wind imperil (HI ZIDANE) - Dash & Slash has overtaken Thief's Revenge in power if you're using a dagger (though it still has one less hit, so caps damage earlier).
The Sharpshooter 5* skills have gotten even stronger and are actually better than the equivalent 5* Spellblade skills in all circumstances where you don't explicitly need a Spellblade skill (mostly Record/Legend Dives and USB effects).

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 28, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

KataraniSword posted:

The Sharpshooter 5* skills have gotten even stronger and are actually better than the equivalent 5* Spellblade skills in all circumstances where you don't explicitly need a Spellblade skill (mostly Record/Legend Dives and USB effects).

Yeah, Bartz was the dps I was investing in until I pulled a Tidus USB and my jaw just dropped at how much he outclassed the guy. Still, it means I have two good DPS now, Bartz has more variety, and he's no slacker all the same.

I like the change because it makes me feel less obligated to use Cloud's USB. It's still a huge damage buff, but when I'm not capping my attacks anyway I'm just missing out on the crits rather than any potential overflow on top of that, so I can slot in a Shout or whatever if I feel it fits the situation (easy hastega for example).

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, Bartz was the dps I was investing in until I pulled a Tidus USB and my jaw just dropped at how much he outclassed the guy. Still, it means I have two good DPS now, Bartz has more variety, and he's no slacker all the same.

I like the change because it makes me feel less obligated to use Cloud's USB. It's still a huge damage buff, but when I'm not capping my attacks anyway I'm just missing out on the crits rather than any potential overflow on top of that, so I can slot in a Shout or whatever if I feel it fits the situation (easy hastega for example).

Yeah, that's a large part of what the ability buff was meant to fix, along with the reliance on SBs as a whole. SBs are still super important, mind you, especially for healers and support, but now the game balance is shifting back towards the eternal orb/crystal grind.

Just in time for the new dailies! :pseudo:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

KataraniSword posted:

Flare Strike is mostly hard to find a great user for, since Spellblade's niche has become hitting elemental weakness and Omega Drive is still top of the physical damage mountain. It's rare to find a dedicated Spellblade user whose USB/BSB/Legend Dive doesn't explicitly want a certain element. Celes wants to stick to hitting weakness to build her gauge up, Squall wants his BSB2 commands for raw DPS, Bartz needs elements for his chaser, Orlandeau prefers to stick to Knight/Darkness skills, Cloud likewise wants to stick to Combat (and in turn Omega Drive) for his DPS.

That leaves Reks, Paine, Scott, Steiner, and Delita. Of those, how many people do you know are talking about using Reks, Scott, or Delita? (Well, aside from the people who have Delita as a waifu.) Squall might be a good user if you just have his USB and Legend Dive, but he kind of falls into mediocrity without his BSB2, himself.

Flare Strike will always be "good" and not "great", though thankfully it will never be "godawful" again like it was yesterday.

Reks and Delita are both actually the best candidates for Flare Strike. They both have dives that buff spellblade damage with no preference to any element and they both have identical LMs: Spellblade Damage & Doublecast Spellblade. As far as SBs go, Reks BSB is ATK/DEF 30% + Haste on entry and has a 25% ST Heal attached to the C2. Delita's USB does bonus damage if it hits a weakness but otherwise similarly doesn't limit him to an element. So if you got tools for either of them you have a best case scenario for making the most of Flare Strike.

Hitting an appropriate weakness with an elemental quadstrike will still do better damage but if we're talking omniresist bosses here these two dudes will perform.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Squall also gets straight +spellblade damage in his legend dive, so he's also a great candidate for using Flare Strike. Granted, you've probably dived him because you have his BSB2, but in omniresist content I'm not sure how much better the non-elemental aspect of his commands would do in comparison to simply spamming Flare Strike (and thus saving you time with the long setup his BSB2 requires).

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

KataraniSword posted:

Scott, Steiner,

You know they say that all abilities are created equal, but you look at Flare Strike and you look at Omega Drive and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one in a DPS competition, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But Omega Drive is a numbers freak and it's not normal. So it got a 25%, AT BEST, at out-DPS Omega Strike. Then you add Cloud USB to the mix, Flare Strike's chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way, at Magicite, Flare Strike got a 35% chance of doublecasting, but Omega Drive, Omega Drive got a 66 and 2/3 chance of breaking the damage cap, because Barrage KNOWS it can't beat Omega Drive and it's not even gonna try!

So Flare Strike, you take your 35% doublecast chance, minus Omega Strike's damage cap break chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Magicite. But then you take Omega Drive's 75% chance of breaking the damage cap, if they was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, it's got 141 2/3 chance of winning at Magicite. See Delita, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Magicite.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

You know they say that all abilities are created equal, but you look at Flare Strike and you look at Omega Drive and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one in a DPS competition, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But Omega Drive is a numbers freak and it's not normal. So it got a 25%, AT BEST, at out-DPS Omega Strike. Then you add Cloud USB to the mix, Flare Strike's chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way, at Magicite, Flare Strike got a 35% chance of doublecasting, but Omega Drive, Omega Drive got a 66 and 2/3 chance of breaking the damage cap, because Barrage KNOWS it can't beat Omega Drive and it's not even gonna try!

So Flare Strike, you take your 35% doublecast chance, minus Omega Strike's damage cap break chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Magicite. But then you take Omega Drive's 75% chance of breaking the damage cap, if they was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, it's got 141 2/3 chance of winning at Magicite. See Delita, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Magicite.

Oh my god, I have had this exact same joke in my head all day after reading that.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
We really need an ability named Nitro Thunder or something.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

:golfclap:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

:golfclap: I realized how I'd set it up after the fact and I'm glad someone else capitalized.

EDIT:

paperwind posted:

Squall also gets straight +spellblade damage in his legend dive, so he's also a great candidate for using Flare Strike. Granted, you've probably dived him because you have his BSB2, but in omniresist content I'm not sure how much better the non-elemental aspect of his commands would do in comparison to simply spamming Flare Strike (and thus saving you time with the long setup his BSB2 requires).

Lowen Roar after a single Draw & Junction is 5x0.89, which puts it slightly ahead of Flare Strike (5x0.8) if hitting non-element, but Draw & Junction is terrible (2x0.4, so it's weaker than a default autoattack), so we'll have to run move efficiency calculations there.

Assuming no dualcasts and four turns in the span of a burst, you do a grand total of (0.8 + 4.45 + 4.45 + 4.45) = 14.15x with D&J>3x Lowen.
Assuming the same with 2x D&J -> 2x Lowen, you do (0.8 + 0.8 + 6.3 + 6.3) = 14.2x
Assuming the same with Flare Strike you do (4 * 4) = 16x.

If you get lucky and get a dualcast on your first command in each of these cases, those numbers change, of course.

D&J>3x Lowen with first dualcast: (0.8 + 0.8 + 6.3 + 6.3 + 6.3) = 20.5x
2x D&J>2x Lowen with first dualcast: (0.8 + 0.8 + 0.8 + 8.75 + 8.75) = 19.9x
4x Flare Strike with first dualcast: (5 * 4) = 20x

tl;dr: Flare Strike is marginally better than his BSB2 in all but the most optimal of cases just because Draw & Junction is such poo poo, but when you factor in the boosted critical rate it's not a significant enough increase to warrant burning a bunch of orbs on. Use it if you have it, don't stress if you don't.

However, this is only in circumstances where the Non-Elemental option is chosen. Against anything with 50% or less resistance to ice, Enice will boost ice to be the stronger option with even a single piece of +element gear.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 29, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

goddamn dude well done

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

This is the best post in the entire thread.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

realpost: how useful is Barrage now against single targets? Is it going to dethrone anything?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

recently came back to the game after about a 6 month break, is there good stuff on that XV banner that makes it worth a pull? or should i be holding on for that ffta banner + whatever december fest?

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Barrage is wonderful as filler to replace lifesiphon or something on your way to using a usb or bsb or something. It's ~50% of the sb gauge gain, but 222% of the damage, so you gotta weigh if you need more initial damage, or faster progress to your sb.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

barrage is still random target tho right? that is going to be a factor sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

recently came back to the game after about a 6 month break, is there good stuff on that XV banner that makes it worth a pull? or should i be holding on for that ffta banner + whatever december fest?

The FFTA banner is superior in every conceivable way.

e: I guess you could luck out and get Iris BSB/LMR if you need a healer or something, but still.

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 29, 2017

• Locked thread