Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh, oh well. I’ll stick with the joycon dog then I guess.

(what is that thing called officially?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I actually really want them to announce some Mario DLC because I feel like that's the only way they'll make a good chunk of difficult Mario content. Maybe even do it like Super Luigi U and make a standalone expansion you can buy in a store.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, oh well. I’ll stick with the joycon dog then I guess.

(what is that thing called officially?)

wait the dogcon has a headphone jack?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Nope. It does not.

I "finished" BotW today at 60 hours. Decided it was time to fight Ganon and I totally crushed him in my lv4 ancient armor/MS/Hylian shield. Man that last blow to the final form was confusing, I had to look up what the gently caress they wanted me to do. Ugh.

Putting it away for awhile, gonna focus on Splatoon/MK8/Odyssey/Shantae.

I don't think BotW will be a yearly replay like OoT is for me, though I did enjoy it a bunch. Really glad they went back on the crest of hyrule, too (no head version), as I have an embarrassing thing I can't change regarding that.

I think that this is a good end cap to the timeline, whichever one it falls under (Downfall timeline?). With SS being the origin story and this being the end, and with Ganon "giving up his resurrection" to attempt to defeat you. And with a 10,000 year gap, they've given themselves plenty of time to insert more stories. Took the entire game for the triforce to make a loving appearance, too!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Centzon Totochtin posted:

wait the dogcon has a headphone jack?
No, I mean, if neither of them do I’ll stick with what I have now, the dogcon.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

wtf is a dogcon?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Infinitum posted:

wtf is a dogcon?
I’ve asked multiple times what the official name of the two joycons attached to that black thing with the handles are but no one seems to know so I’m gonna call it the dogcon because it looks like a dog’s face.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

joycon grip

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

No, I mean, if neither of them do I’ll stick with what I have now, the dogcon.

Oh. Well aside from that, the pro is still a very nice controller and I think it's on sale for $60 right now

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Phantasium posted:

nonsense, shrill dying grandma goku best goku

Whis and Freiza's Japanese voices sound a lot better too. So does Beerus.

Vegeta and Piccolo sound better in English, at least.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
My switch arrived today. Is it possible to hook the Switch up to a TV without the dock? Thinking of loading up with jackbox and overcooked for Christmas fun times when we visit the family

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Infinitum posted:

joycon grip
That may be the name for the black thing but I’m gonna keep calling that + the joycons the dogcon.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

screaden posted:

My switch arrived today. Is it possible to hook the Switch up to a TV without the dock? Thinking of loading up with jackbox and overcooked for Christmas fun times when we visit the family

Allegedly some of those USB-C breakout boxes do, but mine doesn't. Even with the official adapter.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I think that Bethesda should move to year-numbered releases for Skyrim as if it were a sports game franchise

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

are we using dogcon and not JOYDOG ?

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Can I play rocket league local with multiple switches without internet?

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I think that this is a good end cap to the timeline, whichever one it falls under (Downfall timeline?). With SS being the origin story and this being the end, and with Ganon "giving up his resurrection" to attempt to defeat you. And with a 10,000 year gap, they've given themselves plenty of time to insert more stories. Took the entire game for the triforce to make a loving appearance, too!

(For context, BOTW end game stuff)

That's actually a bad/misleading translation, iirc. The intended meaning seems to be that he gave up his current attempt at resurrection to go all out on Link, as opposed to resurrection in general, leaving him the possibility to return later in the timeline. Although I haven't confirmed this for myself.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Bought myself a Nintendo Switch and the Mario, does he still say his catchphrase 'It's a me Mario' pls let me know.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

track day bro! posted:

Bought myself a Nintendo Switch and the Mario, does he still say his catchphrase 'It's a me Mario' pls let me know.

No, return the switch

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Kaewan posted:

Can I play rocket league local with multiple switches without internet?
I don't have RL but I'm pretty sure it does, practically all multiplayer games can do local multiplayer by connecting the Switches directly afaik.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

alf_pogs posted:

are we using dogcon and not JOYDOG ?

Dogconnit, we can't keep switching the name :argh:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
It sounds like the motion controls for Resident Evil: Revelations (both 1 and 2) seem to be amazing and add to the tension. I'd really be interested in picking them up to experience the horror of frantically covering the IR sensor to reload while dodging goo monsters.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
damb skyrim is perfect on a gameboy. do a quick spelunk on the bus. looks great, loads fast, wooow

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Any trip reports from Gear Club Unlimited? I've read reviews and how it seems to be Forza Lite, which works for me.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
How does local coop on Splatoon work? Is it you and a buddy teaming up against people online?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Morby posted:

How does local coop on Splatoon work? Is it you and a buddy teaming up against people online

No splitscreen multiplayer

Turf Wars - you can get in the same match but there's no guarantee you'll be on the same team
Ranked - solo queue only
League - two or four friends can queue together in the same team. You cannot queue with three friends and fill in the fourth slot with other people online
Salmon Run - up to four friends can get in a lobby, any empty slots can be filled by other people online

You can also run a private match with whatever customizations you want. If you're connecting wirelessly to a friend's Switch without access to WiFi you can run custom matches or do Salmon Run with whatever difficulty you wish.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Morby posted:

How does local coop on Splatoon work? Is it you and a buddy teaming up against people online?

Depends. When you join a friend's Regular Battle (aka Turf Wars), you're not necessarily in the same team. They're usually mixed teams. If you want to play specifically with your friend on the same team, you need to choose League Battle, which is made available when you reach B- in Ranked Battle. (You can't play coop with your friend in Ranked Battle.) Salmon Run is more lenient and will fill out vacant spots - that is, if it can find workers before the timer runs out.

The quickest way to circumvent this confusion is to choose Private Battle, but you'll need six other "friends" to join your game then.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
We're dual-wielding some new Blades today!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

polar bear and child or extreme breasts.... tough choice

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Don't forget the intros!

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/935405385350914049

GIGA PUDDING
https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/935404359931740161

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Real hurthling! posted:

Actually it's really easy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It is real easy

The Polar Bear is slutty as gently caress

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I already have Revelations 2 on PC but am really tempted to double dip cause I've only heard good stuff beyond the load times being a bit shite. Really enjoyed it the first time around and the raid mode or whatever it's called is a blast.
Also, it has a minigame called Ghosts and Homunculi that stars Barry instead of Arthur so that's good.

In other news, this is a thing. As usual some people are pissing and moaning because Nintendo is selling out. Bitches don't know about the Nintendo Cereal System.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

The top one is what the 500 year old spirit looks like that's trapped in the body of the child in the lower one.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lodin posted:

In other news, this is a thing. As usual some people are pissing and moaning because Nintendo is selling out. Bitches don't know about the Nintendo Cereal System.

Is it a thing? Last time I heard it was a completely unconfirmed rumor.

E: VVV :same:

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 28, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I want it to be real, and also available in my country.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Any trip reports from Gear Club Unlimited? I've read reviews and how it seems to be Forza Lite, which works for me.

Pretty sure it's a port of a mobile F2P game, if that tells you anything.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Guy Goodbody posted:

What the hell happened to Elsa? :stare:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
She hosed Olaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012