Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Tomorrow Bobby will astound us with quali simulation laps. For sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

He pronounces it as if the first e was silent. It's oddly jarring.

I can’t even imagine how that sounds, lmao. R’nault? Like a Star Trek villain?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Sorry, what was that? I can't hear you over the sound of Stroll DRAGON-loving the Miata that is Kubica.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

Pretty much exactly like that. I don't understand how anybody with even a passing interest in cars, let alone somebody who runs an F1 team, can pronounce it that way.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

Everyone likes *in Seinfeld Voice* The Stroll

Nobody likes the balding pole with skeleton arm action

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

Pretty much exactly like that. I don't understand how anybody with even a passing interest in cars, let alone somebody who runs an F1 team, can pronounce it that way.

Honestly? I love it. That’s how he should say it. He should make Renault execs cringe every time. That’s who he is.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

*In Jerry voice* he had twig hands.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm rooting for Renault and FI.

Sorry, friend, there seems to be some confusion. FI is the name of the whole sport's organization, not a team. It's right there in the logo.

Carth Dookie posted:

I would like the 355 hard top, and hold the flappy paddle gearbox, before throwing it in the trash where it belongs please.

"And two Rogers don't make a right! A-haw, a-haw, a-hawwww!"

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
He pronounces it exactly like I've heard every American pronounce it, which is incorrectly, but only slightly more incorrectly than Brits do

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

wicka posted:

Rinoe

Americans have magical new ways of saying a bunch of car manufacturers. With some, like Hyundai, they're probably more correct. With a bunch of other ones, they're probably not.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's just putting the stress on the second syllable rather than the first.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Hold on a sec... Is the Petrobras deal in conjunction with Renault, and Mobil1 on the way out with Honda? I can't remember which lubrications go with which engine manufacturers except Petronas and Merc. And was Mobil1 really behind the curve in their performance like was claimed? Because if Petrobras is an improvement in that department, and if the Renault can manage to be better than the grenade-waiting-to-happen Honda power unit, then I might be starting to get my hopes up. Does Petrobras do development with Renault? Are they the supplier for the factory team too?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Petrobras have switched from Williams now that Massa has gone. They won't have experience with the Renault engine. Afaik the works Renault team uses Total fuels etc

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Renault uses Castrol, as does Honda (for now at least).

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

MLRN Rnault+

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who the gently caress cares about williams,

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

who the gently caress cares about williams,

I do with Bobby K

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I say "Ren-no".

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Santander is leaving Ferrari, at least as a major sponsor. Wonder if they increase their deal with McLaren.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

I'm sensing a distinct lack of synergy in these pairings.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

Welp, gently caress this world.

gently caress it. Just loving gently caress it. Who cares about anything anymore?

What is the point of anything?

gently caress F1. It died with the logo and it died when that armco almost sliced Kubica's fuckin' arm off gently caress it all gently caress this god drat loving gently caress gently caress

It's one session for a man who hasn't driven the new cars, or any current F1 car for 6 years.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

What's the way wicka doesn't like it said? That's how I say it

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Santander were always going to follow Alonso, I'm not sure why they stuck with Ferrari for so long to be honest

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tsaedje posted:

Santander were always going to follow Alonso, I'm not sure why they stuck with Ferrari for so long to be honest

Mclaren loving sucks?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

You’d think that, but Alonso has been at McLaren for three years and done nothing with Santander. All of their advertising has been with Button.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Alonso only cares about KIMOA sponsorship

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

And a huge pile of McLaren money

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I hope the Kimoa decals are obnoxiously large because there’s no way money is being exchanged as part of that deal.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Kimoa Team McLaren

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

You’d think that, but Alonso has been at McLaren for three years and done nothing with Santander. All of their advertising has been with Button.

I guess I assumed Alonso did Santander stuff in Spain with Button doing UK stuff

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's one session for a man who hasn't driven the new cars, or any current F1 car for 6 years.

Counterpoint: it's Stroll

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Brand New is a fun site and they did an overview of the new F1 branding

https://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/new_logo_for_formula_1_by_wieden_kennedy.php

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

From the comments, to the next season op maybe?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The F1 Torque font is the best poo poo anyone related to this dumb sport has ever done.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

The F1 Torque font is the best poo poo anyone related to this dumb sport has ever done.
That is an objectively wrong statement as Frank Williams signed Lance Stroll.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

OhsH posted:

stroll wdc 2018

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

DoctorGonzo posted:

I stand corrected. A Ferrari backed Alfa Romeo with Leclerc and Giovanazzi would be more interesting that whatever the gently caress Sauber is doing now IMO

This would own, I would buy all sorts of dumb Alfa poo poo if this happened. Maybe even an actual Alfa.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

This would own, I would buy all sorts of dumb Alfa poo poo if this happened. Maybe even an actual Alfa.

I WILL buy an Alfa if they ever bring the Giulietta to the States.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

Ok, ok, maybe he wasn't setting hot laps or anything and it was just getting through the regular programme... alright come on it's not too bad he's not that far off from..... Mazepin? Stroll???

:negative: :negative:

poo poo-tier manufacturer has got us covered!

https://twitter.com/pirellisport/status/935525988796157953

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alfa as a Ferrari brand is poetry as Ferrari started as an Alfa brand. It rhymes.

• Locked thread