Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

cams posted:

then realize that no one in the room listens to his show that much or knows what he's talking about.

This is the weirdest thing about CBB to me; there are people who are frequent repeat guests on the show but they dont appear to have ever actually listened to the show outside of their own episodes at any point - they treat it like just doing some radio spot

compared to something like Crabfeast where most of the guests who have done 2+ episodes have listened to the other eps with different guests and seem to actually enjoy the program

is this like a standup comics vs improv comics thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What's Crabfest?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I imagine when you're in comedy, you don't really have enough energy to keep up with everyone else's comedy. Unless you're PFT.

edit: And that's not unique. A dork like Quentin Tarantino will watch everything new and make a top 10+ list every year, but that's probably rare for movie directors.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Nov 20, 2017

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Let me listen to 1.5+ hours of comedy podcasts (for just one podcast they've been on) after writing comedy all day, and performing comedy all day, and thinking about what to do next in comedy all day, and hanging around comedy friends all day.

I've heard that that's why being in to reality shows is so pervasive in the comedy world, because they come home all tired of comedy and just want something different to watch.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Todd was that your first kiss?
First real one I guess.
That wasn't real it was on a butt!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Mr. Squishy posted:

What's Crabfest?

It's a podcast by two comedians, Ryan Sickler and Jay Larson. It's good and fun, they typically have other comedians on as guests, straightforward interview format, but they're really good at engaging their guests and they tell lots of stories.

http://www.thecrabfeast.com/

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
man, gently caress the crabfeast

...5 stars

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

LentThem posted:

man, gently caress the crabfeast

...5 stars

I miss the Crabfeast, why the hell did I stop listening?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
If you need a good Crabfeast to jump back into, they had on Tom Segura again earlier this year and goddrat http://www.thecrabfeast.com/2017/06/05/the-crabfeast-263-tom-segura/

If you want a good Crabfeast to start with, well, the first one with Tom Segura is good as hell http://www.thecrabfeast.com/2013/06/04/the-crabfeast-episode-55-tom-segura/

Unrelated, but I also enjoy Your Mom's House.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
What a sweaty ep.

Jodgman is the best CBB noncharacter guest. Him and Samberg.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
My favorite Daily Show correspondent Johms Hunchman.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

SpacePig posted:

My favorite Daily Show correspondent Johms Hunchman.

You should check out his podcast, Jums Joms Hoffman.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Was this the first episode to mention Scott’s work as “Theo Brixton”?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
...aaaaaand harf.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Wow this episode was dull

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Terror Sweat posted:

Wow this episode was dull

Very much so.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Hearing Silverman going on about wealth-addiction, seemingly sincerely, was just the worst.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I love listening to Sarah Silverman earnestly discuss politics on this comedy podcast.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Are the characters at least funny? It lists PFT as Jarles, but he's not in the cast picture, so I imagine he's only on as a genuinely classic Jarles.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

Are the characters at least funny? It lists PFT as Jarles, but he's not in the cast picture, so I imagine he's only on as a genuinely classic Jarles.

No.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
I liked it.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I liked it enough to finish it, but I think those are the least funny characters of the year and the show in general.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

the jokes were : i am charles manson, isnt that weird?

i am a nigerian prince that dresses like prince, i dont like prince

thats it

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Terror Sweat posted:

While making no effort to sound like Charles Manson or put on any sort of accent at all.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Terror Sweat posted:

i am a nigerian prince that dresses like prince, i dont like prince

thats it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5DZexDYyuU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I wish she tried harder at the classic 'Charles Manson Accent' even though it's kinda played out these days.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Idea: Do mike hanfords lennon voice as charles manson and claim to have been dead for a while but you're back now

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

Idea: Do mike hanfords lennon voice as charles manson and claim to have been dead for a while but you're back now

It works if it's a slow buildup, like Joe wengert being scrooge McDuck

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The only funny thing about Manson was Scott occasionally trying to nudge "Charles" into realizing that because they were taping in advance he might be dead by the time the podcast was released.

Ego's character got pretty funny when it took the abrupt turn into an inside baseball bit about Improv 101 exercises and Will Hines.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

One of the rare episodes I just gave up on, but Charles Manson thing was bleh.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

boy that sure was hilarious the way she pronounced "Bugger King"

Golden Bee posted:

One of the rare episodes I just gave up on, but Charles Manson thing was bleh.

I quit with only 15 minutes left, I just couldn't take any more. Can't remember the last time I bailed on an episode.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Inauthentic Baltimore Raisins Ray Lewish Jersey

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

stain train

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Couple of real stinkers in a row now.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ArtVandelay posted:

Couple of real stinkers in a row now.

:catstare:

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I liked this one a lot more

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Papa John Misty posted:

Inauthentic Baltimore Raisins Ray Lewish Jersey

Unsurprisingly, the Big Grande ep was fantastic, but my favorite part was the bit at the very end.

"...We should've gotten into this earlier."

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That was a great episode. Love Big Grande.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Pardo is a great guest on everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Golden Bee posted:

Pardo is a great guest on everything.

Meh. I've had a chip on my shoulder towards him ever since he went on Who Charted and read personal e-mails from Scott Aukerman and other comedians while Kulap and Howard are politely trying to get him to stop. It doesn't help that they weren't flattering e-mails, obviously meant to be confidential, and Pardo being weirdly superior about the whole thing.