Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

You do get 4% increased damage vs everyone who has like 150 more max HP than you which, if you're taking it on a marksman, doesn't take much. Hell, tanky supports usually end up with that much more than you before they even get a Sightstone.

But I mean, that's kind of the 'design space' of Runes. A lot of the slots are supposed to be dependent on team comp. Coup De Grace isn't a bad choice, but if you're facing like, Sej Jungle + Cho + a tanky engage support like Leona/Nautilus/w/e the Cut Down is actually pretty powerful and gives you a modicum of tank shredding early on that you wouldn't have otherwise.

It's exactly like the choice between Iron Skin/Mirror Shell/Conditioning in the resolve tree, it's a design space you can change after you see the enemy team and go 'okay, they're really tanky, I need some extra shred.'

Monathin fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
attention low elo players

if you're winning

just end the game

the reason why you are low elo is because you don't know how to just end a game

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Teikanmi posted:

if you're winning

just end the game

People at high elo can't end games like 50% of the time either.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Teikanmi posted:

if you're winning

just end the game

Maybe you should tell them how.

(Switch lane after first inhib goes down.)

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

That feel when your team takes mid inhib and then your entire team just keeps going mid and accomplishing nothing.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I really feel they could touch up the description of some of the runes to make it more clear what they do.

I didn't realize until today that the everlasting biscuit perk gives you +40 permanent mana for every biscuit you eat.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I really feel they could touch up the description of some of the runes to make it more clear what they do.

I didn't realize until today that the everlasting biscuit perk gives you +40 permanent mana for every biscuit you eat.

That's like the second line of its description in game so I'm not sure what you want them to clear up on that.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Yeah make sure advanced tooltips are on. The basic ones leave so much out.

Like Coup de Grace temporarily increases your Ad/AP after getting a kill but the basic description just says "you deal more damage to low health champions"

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
A worse offender is the Legend: Alacrity/Tenacity/Bloodline runes, for those you need to check the wiki to see exactly how you gain legend stacks.

(It's 1 stack per kill, 1 per assist, 1 stack per 20 minions and 1 stack per 4 large monsters.)
edit: Oh, also 1 stack for epic monster takedowns.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I had a dream last night and riot added a new item that built out of rod and cloth amor.

A white flag that would immediately make a surrender call and make your vote Yes. If it didn't pass it would call for another surrender as soon as the cooldown for the next surrender was until the game ends.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I feel betrayed

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

duck trucker posted:

I had a dream last night and riot added a new item that built out of rod and cloth amor.

A white flag that would immediately make a surrender call and make your vote Yes. If it didn't pass it would call for another surrender as soon as the cooldown for the next surrender was until the game ends.

This would be built by someone in every single game

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

dunno if you know this but that was you spitting yourself out

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Super Librarian posted:

This would be built by someone in every single game

Six of them would be in the top five most common builds for Riven and Draven

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Monathin posted:

Admittedly I'm not finding much use for Last Stand (or really even Presence of Mind on any of my usual choices) so the tree could use some tuning.

Kayle really likes Last Stand, I think? She waits to ult until she's low then just has a a bunch of bonus damage.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Kayle, Trynd, Olaf, Aatrox etc all get huge value out of last stand. Hell Kled too if you're feeling really cute

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Kindred also

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Tried playing league again.

im the 194 jungler cs in 22 minutes

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Can I get some Rengar tips, please? I'm trying to learn him and while he's fun when your early ganks work out and you can really get the ball rolling, I find he's very all or nothing. By the mid game, if I can do a bunch of burst damage or even one-shot somebody things look good, but I don't see how I'm supposed to teamfight when that doesn't work. His passive means you're missing out on 10-20% of your damage if you can't land those ganks.

Am I supposed to only build damage items with him or would it be okay to go tank and just be a nuisance if I'm having a bad time? (maybe buy a frozen mallet?)

Elman fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Nov 28, 2017

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Methanar posted:

Tried playing league again.

im the 194 jungler cs in 22 minutes

Methanar I liked the time when you had a panic attack about thinking about visiting the beach come to my house I'll make you eat spicy food????

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Camel Camus posted:

Methanar I liked the time when you had a panic attack about thinking about visiting the beach come to my house I'll make you eat spicy food????

I have a lot of panic attacks about a lot of things, but I don't think visiting the beach was one of them.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
i've been enjoying cranking up the toxicity

"useless sack of dog poo poo" feels great to say to 0/8 maokai

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

curiousCat posted:

Kayle really likes Last Stand, I think? She waits to ult until she's low then just has a a bunch of bonus damage.

Kayle doesn't have to ult when she's low. Often, it's more effective to ult early to soak a big burst.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Elman posted:

Can I get some Rengar tips, please? I'm trying to learn him and while he's fun when your early ganks work out and you can really get the ball rolling, I find he's very all or nothing. By the mid game, if I can do a bunch of burst damage or even one-shot somebody things look good, but I don't see how I'm supposed to teamfight when that doesn't work. His passive means you're missing out on 10-20% of your damage if you can't land those ganks.

Am I supposed to only build damage items with him or would it be okay to go tank and just be a nuisance if I'm having a bad time? (maybe buy a frozen mallet?)

Well, you pretty much nailed the Rango Experience. He’s one of the most feast-or-famine champs in the game.

If you want more survivability, you should build Black Cleaver, because the item is just really good. One pure defensive item is fine if you’re exploding too fast. Tank rengar was really big in pro games ages ago, but in solo queue you see him getting built pretty much like Zed.

The fact is, rengar is a REALLY hard champion to learn. The main thing that separates the rengar one-tricks from the proles with 40% winrate is the use of the other part of his passive: brush jumping. You’ll see those nerds jumping like, every other auto. It’s really effective! I can’t do it! I forget about it! It’s especially tough because you need to build an instinctive feel for how far you can jump, which would be tough even if it didn’t change throughout the game, which it does.

Pre-6, some moron has to be at 100hp with no flash and pushed under your team’s turret to even CONSIDER ganking when you have camps up. Discussion among rengar mains as far as early game is basically just, “what’s the fastest way to hit 6 on this patch.” He’s a jungler in the genre of being useless 1-5, absurdly powerful 6-11, useless 12-18.

Teamfighting is basically one-shotting a squishy from a flank (NOT AS PRIMARY ENGAGE), then hoping the fight is somewhere with brush.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Don't play Rengar unless you are willing to put 100+ games in on him.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Just be khazix

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

d0grent posted:

Just be khazix

2nd that, Rengar is much more risky and harder to pull off than Khazix.

Also Methanar that is not impressive, you are playing the most broken champion this patch

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

How Rude posted:

2nd that, Rengar is much more risky and harder to pull off than Khazix.

Also Methanar that is not impressive, you are playing the most broken champion this patch

But Janna tho

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I was told to buy Rengar instead of Kha'zix. I'm starting to think my friends aren't very good at this game.

How Rude posted:

Dammit that's the one champion I thought I was good at :saddowns:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Does anyone else get shoulder pain playing this game

I don't know why but my right shoulder stings like hell after like 2-3 games

I have good posture and my shoulder is not tense so I've no idea what's going on

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

I have good posture and my shoulder is not tense so I've no idea what's going on

You may be unconsciously leaning in or otherwise tensing up during the actual game. It's hard to keep a conscious monitoring of your posture when the majority of your attention is focused on the game.

Only other thing I can think of is that you're sitting too far away from your computer, and your shoulder muscles are having to stretch too much to move the mouse around.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 28, 2017

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Carrying your team every game is bad for your back. You need to pick jungle Teemo and relax every once in a while.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

Does anyone else get shoulder pain playing this game

I don't know why but my right shoulder stings like hell after like 2-3 games

i was having this issue a few months ago but my work desk got changed by our ergo team and i havent had any problems since then. i didnt think my home setup was bad, but an entire work day without good ergonomics just meant some arm pain when i got home i guess.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vermain posted:

You may be unconsciously leaning in or otherwise tensing up during the actual game. It's hard to keep a conscious monitoring of your posture when the majority of your attention is focused on the game.

Only other thing I can think of is that you're sitting too far away from your computer, and your shoulder muscles are having to stretch too much to move the mouse around.

I try to keep myself from doing that stuff. It's weird, I have been playing for a long time and only in the past few months has this started happening. I try to rest my arm on my chair and my mouse isn't far away at all, right on the edge of the desk. I think it may have something to do with how tall my desk is because it makes me lift my right shoulder up.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Elman posted:

I was told to buy Rengar instead of Kha'zix. I'm starting to think my friends aren't very good at this game.

Rengar and Kha'zix are about on the same power level (~A-tier) right now. Kha'zix is a little more forgiving because even if he's not finding early kills he can still be relevant by farming/scaling/taking objectives. You can forgo ghostblade and rush a black cleaver and guardian angel if you want to play bruisery on Rengar, though I would still start with duskblade.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Kha also has way more early pressure than Rengar, doesn’t rely on an insanely long cooldown ultimate, and is way less likely to get executed trying to farm early. He’s probably the easiest assassin to play.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Teikanmi posted:

i've been enjoying cranking up the toxicity

"useless sack of dog poo poo" feels great to say to 0/8 maokai
How does a maokai go 0-8.

I played against one for the first time in a while and it just sucks. So much regen, and a weird amount of damage.

I then bought the champ and played it ranked in my first game, and won lane while doing the second highest damage on my team with a full tank build (we lost because my jungler AFKed and we have a teemo support).

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

kingcobweb posted:

Kha also has way more early pressure than Rengar, doesn’t rely on an insanely long cooldown ultimate, and is way less likely to get executed trying to farm early. He’s probably the easiest assassin to play.

I went Mastery 7 on Kha last season and climbed a division or two, can confirm.

He's probably better now since Sudden Impact was added and everyone has fewer resists

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Me and my duo buddy's MMR might be kinda hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

kingcobweb posted:

Pantheon, etc irl