Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Qwijib0 posted:

logically I know that not wanting to get to know people with opposing political/social views is only increasing the polarization, but I find myself doing it too.

I'm a veteran from the south. I know shitloads of people with opposing views. I just don't want to gently caress them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am not sure which is funnier

A. They honestly believe the accusers are false flags from the dems and thus thought they would prove it with a shoddy sensational story

Or

B. They were deliberately trying to undermine the testimony of the women and this was the best their master plan was capable of

It's B.

They do this poo poo whenever they can because all they care about is ratfucking the left.

For example, they've submitted edited videos to frame protesters: https://www.thedailybeast.com/feds-use-james-okeefe-and-a-podcast-to-prosecute-anti-trump-protester

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Was chatting with a cool seeming lady on bumble but starting to get strong conservative vibes from her.

Talked about how amazing Colorado springs is, unprompted, and then later brought up "weak" younger folks wanting participation trophies, also unprompted.

Shame, but cest la vie
I worked and lived in Colorado Springs for two years on a government contract for my first big boy job, which started almost a year after 9/11 occurred

Let me tell you about open Islamophobia in the workplace, boy howdy

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Eli Wiggum posted:

I worked and lived in Colorado Springs for two years on a government contract for my first big boy job, which started almost a year after 9/11 occurred

Let me tell you about open Islamophobia in the workplace, boy howdy

Yea my brief impression of it didn't leave a good taste and I've heard wayyy too many stories like this.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/GPollowitz/status/935137064068308993

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Sadly, it is illegal for members of American federal government and elected officials to have noble titles.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Sadly, it is illegal for members of American federal government and elected officials to have noble titles.

But how does that work? If an American citizen is also a prince of England is he just automatically disqualified from public office? Or what if an already elected official get's a noble title because of dual citizenship and service to the crown. I don't think Sir Patrick Stewart has American citizenship but if he wanted it he could have gotten it, and at that point I bet he could have become a congressman if he wanted, then when he got knighted by Queen Elizabeth would he have to resign from congress?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Who's going to tell the English royal family no? Certainly not America, there's no precedent

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Intruder posted:

Who's going to tell the English royal family no? Certainly not America, there's no precedent

I used to think you had to be born in America to run for President, it was a major conspiracy theory that Obama was born in Kenya, but then Ted Cruz, who admits to being born in Canada, ran without objection. So who the gently caress knows about people who are both American citizens and British nobility.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
You have to be a natural born citizen, but what makes you a natural born citizen is never defined so it's argued when the person in question isn't liked by whoever

Like in Obama's case, I've seen people willing to believe he was born in Hawaii but who then claim since both of his parents weren't citizens he isn't a natural born citizen. They also use that argument to say "anchor babies" aren't citizens

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skwirl posted:

But how does that work? If an American citizen is also a prince of England is he just automatically disqualified from public office? Or what if an already elected official get's a noble title because of dual citizenship and service to the crown. I don't think Sir Patrick Stewart has American citizenship but if he wanted it he could have gotten it, and at that point I bet he could have become a congressman if he wanted, then when he got knighted by Queen Elizabeth would he have to resign from congress?

Article 1 Section 9 Clause 8 of the US Constitution posted:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

So like in theory they could be like a prince beforehand then become president but they couldn't accept the throne as that is accepting a foreign title. Unless Congress said it's cool to be King and President.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The unspecified children would likely have to renounce any non-us citizenship (like cruz did with canada) in order to serve in the executive.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

The unspecified children would likely have to renounce any non-us citizenship (like cruz did with canada) in order to serve in the executive.

I don't think he had to renounce it, he chose to so he couldn't be jabbed for being a Canadian with an the birther poo poo doing around.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

RE: That recent WaPo article about Project Veritas trying to trick them in order to discredit actual victims of assault and molestation.

https://twitter.com/Mikel_Jollett/status/935314981293195264

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Arby's is buying Buffalo Wild Wings

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shyduck posted:

Arby's is buying Buffalo Wild Wings

Maybe they can ship them some drat meat since they have it all.

BWW's chicken is the worst.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
BWW is awful. It is so goddamn loud you can't hear a loving thing anyone says.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like food

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

I like food

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

FizFashizzle posted:

Definitely the craziest forums adventure.

Best part of his back to life thread was someone saying "keeps looking at the hill for vilerat like the dog at the end of homeward bound"
[/quote]

wait holy poo poo Caro is alive?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jota posted:

lol it was like the last thing john kerry did as sos.

he negotiated caro's release.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Jota posted:

yes. state department somehow got him out

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/935510576595374080

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

BWW is awful. It is so goddamn loud you can't hear a loving thing anyone says.

yes but i really like eating wild sauce. I wish there was a local wing place with good, HOT wings.

Jota posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...e1a3_story.html

Interesting, he retweeted one thing after his release.

https://twitter.com/orac4321?lang=en

https://twitter.com/amnestypress/status/776300769028997120

I'm guessing that's where he was held?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ehud posted:

I like food

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
BWW's saving grace is dry rub buffalo but everything else is poop and inferior to Rick Ross's Wing Stop

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I really like going to BWW when both my old roommate and I have our teams on at the same time but ever since I turned 30 buffalo sauce gives me horrific digestive issues so I can't really eat wings any more even though I love them :smith:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Enh, BW3 is where I end up when I want to watch a PPV fight that no one is interested in paying for. I am not inclined to eat there, but they genarally have a good beer or two on tap

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/935509603340648448

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

axeil posted:

I really like going to BWW when both my old roommate and I have our teams on at the same time but ever since I turned 30 buffalo sauce gives me horrific digestive issues so I can't really eat wings any more even though I love them :smith:

Just get teriyaki.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

jesus what a loving moron

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Irony can be hard to grasp.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

:thunk:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

So I started prepping lunches and breakfasts again to lose some dad weight.

This week I got violently ill at 9am before eating anything on Monday. Since I woke up Monday I've had a protein shake (puked it out), a couple glasses of ginger ale, some goldfish, and the broth from some instant ramen noodles.

This morning I had 3 hard boiled egg whites. Lunch is going to be the jerk chicken and roasted broccoli I prepped.

I'm thinking next week I'm going to smoke like 5 pounds of wings and have them all week.

Thinking about eating right now makes me want to puke so I'm not sure I'll be getting to the chicken, which sucks.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I can’t wait to make yogurt in my instant pot when it arrives on Thursday

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

the trump boys are so, so stupid

so are the girls but the boys are just next level idiots.

No Butt Stuff posted:

So I started prepping lunches and breakfasts again to lose some dad weight.

This week I got violently ill at 9am before eating anything on Monday. Since I woke up Monday I've had a protein shake (puked it out), a couple glasses of ginger ale, some goldfish, and the broth from some instant ramen noodles.

This morning I had 3 hard boiled egg whites. Lunch is going to be the jerk chicken and roasted broccoli I prepped.

I'm thinking next week I'm going to smoke like 5 pounds of wings and have them all week.

Thinking about eating right now makes me want to puke so I'm not sure I'll be getting to the chicken, which sucks.

endless vomiting leads to weight loss so grats on your goals.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

5 pounds down from yesterday!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Just bought the Wolfenstein 1/The Old Blood dual pack for 15 bucks. Is it any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pubic works project posted:

Just bought the Wolfenstein 1/The Old Blood dual pack for 15 bucks. Is it any good?

It's real good, you'll like it.

Surprisingly half-interesting story if you remember the previous Wolfenstein games which were just kill crazy nazis. But really, killing nazis is the point of all Wolfenstein games.

• Locked thread