Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
How do you get more survivability with an occultist ED/Cont/Blight build? I have basically no gear but right now I've got about 3.5k hp and 3k ES, which is... pretty squishy, and I'm only in white maps.

Or maybe a more inclusive question is: how do I scale up ed/cont/blight occultist from low gear? This is my first time playing this build and I love it a lot but I dunno what to prioritize for gearing. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jinnigan/characters??characterName=HeiJinJian

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Mr. Despair posted:

just put desecration/body swap in your pen and teleport your way across the map in a chain of exploding corpses as you never ever stop KBing. Every half second you're somewhere else!

Desecration has a cooldown. The only way you can repeatedly create corpses (aside from killing things) is Unearth, which requires a bow.

Use Lightning Warp instead! (actually don't do that)

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Unearth is a piercing projectile spell, not a bow attack.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/935317149727334401

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I wonder what happens if you mix Sire of Shards with Volley

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Magus42 posted:

:pcgaming:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Volatile Dead - Spell Cascade + whatever supports in a Soul Mantle, use that wand with Unearth/GMP/Echo socketed. Use cold or lightning damage on a jewelry piece and EE, attack with KB/GMP/curse on hit/eweakness. Hrm.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Well, looks like Flame Blast + Spell Cascade has been pre-RIPed.

quote:

[Spell Cascade] doesn't work on channelled skills and you have to cast it yourself, similar to the restrictions of the Spell Echo Support

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Glacial Cascade Cascade Mines also should be invalid, to bad that would have been neat.

Magus42 posted:

Or what about Sire with Geyser, since extra projectiles come out over time instead of all at once, you could have a geyser with 17 projectiles per second instead of the base of 5.

Fenris13 fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 28, 2017

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I'd just like to point out that The Poet's pen states "Trigger a socketed spell when you attack". You don't have to hit anything to have it trigger, whereas all other trigger effects from items is "On hit/crit/kill/manaspend" etc. That's significantly easier to trigger than other options.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

nightwisher posted:

I'd just like to point out that The Poet's pen states "Trigger a socketed spell when you attack". You don't have to hit anything to have it trigger, whereas all other trigger effects from items is "On hit/crit/kill/manaspend" etc. That's significantly easier to trigger than other options.

I'm pretty sure something like Barrage only counts as one attack per use. It's a wand so no multistrike, 4 APS seems fairly difficult to hit to cap one spell and 8 APS to cap two is probably impossible.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I was able to hit 7.5aps in PoB as a Raider...just ignore the fact that your defenses would be "pray you can move fast enough to never ever get hit and avoid DoT at all costs"

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

please god give me a rain of arrows jewel

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

These corpse effects are nifty but in the end seem like they'll just be slow kind of annoying to play. Volatile seems like the only one that'll let you just chain from group to group while the rest seem like they'll require a corpse generator. I don't know about other people but I ain't got time for two skills! I kind of want to do spell cascade lightning warp even though I know it'll be bad.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Volley projectile mechanics:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I'm glad they saw people liked that split arrow threshold jewel from the beta that didn't make it in and went "yeah, this needs to be on everything shits rad"

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
Welp there goes my plan to make a map-wide death wall.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Jinnigan posted:

How do you get more survivability with an occultist ED/Cont/Blight build? I have basically no gear but right now I've got about 3.5k hp and 3k ES, which is... pretty squishy, and I'm only in white maps.

Or maybe a more inclusive question is: how do I scale up ed/cont/blight occultist from low gear? This is my first time playing this build and I love it a lot but I dunno what to prioritize for gearing. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jinnigan/characters??characterName=HeiJinJian

I'm at work so I can't load you into pob right now to look at the tree but just looking at your gear you need int on your jewellery and you need more int/es on boots/helm/shield

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Despair posted:

I'm glad they saw people liked that split arrow threshold jewel from the beta that didn't make it in and went "yeah, this needs to be on everything shits rad"

Yeah I loved that thing and I'm happy they're bringing it back.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Volley looks cool, but I don't get how it would compete against other support gems like GMP.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
It'd be better in narrow tunnel areas

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

The last league I played was the one directly after the release of oriath. Have there been any major shakeups since?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

The last league I played was the one directly after the release of oriath. Have there been any major shakeups since?

# of major patches between now and then: 0
so no

3.1 will be neat

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Bob NewSCART posted:

You mean the current league?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Bob NewSCART posted:

Next major shakeup starts Dec 8th.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
HC SSF is not compatible with having Time Warner as an ISP

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

get a helmet mtx for watching poe streams https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2034332

kind of sucks its only 1 per account but whatever free helmet for doing something i do anyway

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Awesome! posted:

get a helmet mtx for watching poe streams https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2034332

kind of sucks its only 1 per account but whatever free helmet for doing something i do anyway

I don't know if it works, but when Warframe had a drops for watching event, running multiple streams generated drops. I believe twitch patched it out on their end but I don't know how extensive their testing went.

J
Jun 10, 2001

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

blade vortex maybe?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Reflect is becoming reactive - reflect mobs will fire mortars back on hit.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

lurksion posted:

Reflect is becoming reactive - reflect mobs will fire mortars back on hit.

Only reflect rares, reflect maps are still garbage.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Make reflect reduction a suffix on rare armors. T1 being 5%. There, now the rare mod pool is diluted a bit and you have something good that competes with resistances, but is really good.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Vasudus posted:

Make reflect reduction a suffix on rare armors. T1 being 5%. There, now the rare mod pool is diluted a bit and you have something good that competes with resistances, but is really good.

this sounds strictly worse than what they already did

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Well they're not going to remove reflect.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Put it on a weapon instead since you can easily swap those

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Just started playing this again for a co-op game to go through with my wife. Quick question - I know there's a new content pack/league coming soon, and our Harbinger characters will become standard. Will we have to start new characters in that league to get the new content, or does it show up in standard right away?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you need to start again in the new league if you want to play the new stuff

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
https://www.pathofexile.com/war

Everything not specifically in the Abyss league will be in standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

To clarify, the War for the Atlas stuff will be universal, but you'll need to make new characters for the Abyss content.