Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

DICK DICER posted:

I fit x4 new 265/75/16 Bridgestone REVO 2 tires in my Paseo once

i used to own an extremely girly paseo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I once filled the back of a 71 Cadillac hearse floor to ceiling with cases of beer. It was pretty awesome.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:neckbeard:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

glyph posted:

Whatever this maroon is called. Moroccan red pearl? This picture is from the week after I bought it. That's a $3k car.

Its actually the second one of these. I had an '03 that I had JUST swapped all the suspension bushings on when I got t-boned by some dipshit who didn't think red lights applied to him. I didn't want to lean a second cars idiosyncrasies and my roof rack swapped right over, soooooo...

smashed up the grey one, bought me a red...

Seems I only have pictures of either of these cars that Instagram has had a hand in. Welp.

I apologize for the condition of my wheels, but the clearcoat is hosed on all of them so I don't even attempt to keep them clean.

I paid almost 10 for mine, but it had around 96k miles on it, which is pretty crazy for a 10 year old car. It's had zero repairs except for brakes... factory clutch yet, etc.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sten Freak posted:

E- Also also I live in Denver and housing is outrageous here. So many people move here that new construction has not paced with demand. It's a great city but have a job or place to stay before moving.

Reminder that 14 comes from the SF Bay Area, by way of Seattle. Denver is cheap as hell.

Like...
https://www.apartments.com/denver-co/

$1500 for a downtown-area 1bd apartment? Highly affordable!

$900 for a downtown studio, it just makes me sick to my stomach to contemplate such cheap rent.

Your options in the $900 to $1000 range are amazing

Look at this, this is total bullshit I was exstatic to be paying $1600 for a place of similar size and features a half-hour from SF almost 9 years ago, prices have doubled since then.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

After boot chat the other day I decided to buy myself a new pair of DM boots as they were on sale. Holy poo poo I forgot how unpleasant it is breaking boots in. Get ready for the pain Dave..

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Another vote for the Fit. I had a 2008 and loved it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

The Fit is the best non-truck truck:

jesus gently caress is there like a subreddit for this stuff? /r/stuffmyfit or something?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Tomarse posted:

After boot chat the other day I decided to buy myself a new pair of DM boots as they were on sale. Holy poo poo I forgot how unpleasant it is breaking boots in. Get ready for the pain Dave..

Loads and loads of dubbin.

Then leave them overnight and add loads and loads more.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Memento posted:

jesus gently caress is there like a subreddit for this stuff? /r/stuffmyfit or something?

I feel like if Dave gets ahold of one of these, someone needs to send him finger decals for the rear uprights. Wedding ring mandatory.

Because god knows what sort of absurd things are going to get jammed in that wagon's rear end. :allears:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Liquid Communism posted:

Because god knows what sort of absurd things are going to get jammed in that wagon's rear end. :allears:
14" is more sensible than that imo.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Y'all keep bad-mouthing on Mazdas in here and you'll trigger the RADL

The '08 Mazda 3s fixed the rusting issue. Mine is just starting to get some body rust after 8 years of Canadian winters.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I once fit an entire riding lawn mower in the back of my Volvo 850 wagon. Had to remove the deck and cram it in beside the tractor, and remove the steering wheel and seat for height clearance, but it all fit.

Get a Fit.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

Y'all keep bad-mouthing on Mazdas in here and you'll trigger the RADL

The '08 Mazda 3s fixed the rusting issue. Mine is just starting to get some body rust after 8 years of Canadian winters.

Oh. Then gently caress it, get a mazda 3 hatchback instead. Wider than the fit so bonus cargo area and you can probably stuff speed 3 bits in like brakes and suspension. :getin:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Terrible Robot posted:

I once fit an entire riding lawn mower in the back of my Volvo 850 wagon. Had to remove the deck and cram it in beside the tractor, and remove the steering wheel and seat for height clearance, but it all fit.

Get a Fit.

That is not fitting, should have just strapped it to the roof.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Leperflesh posted:

Reminder that 14 comes from the SF Bay Area, by way of Seattle. Denver is cheap as hell.

Like...
https://www.apartments.com/denver-co/

$1500 for a downtown-area 1bd apartment? Highly affordable!

$900 for a downtown studio, it just makes me sick to my stomach to contemplate such cheap rent.

You'd REALLY hate what I pay then. $772 for a 750 sq ft 1 bedroom (.. add in pet rent, water, sewer, trash, pest control, etc fees and it's about $840).

... granted, it's early 80s, run down, and far out of town. But up until Toyota announced they were moving here, places like this were going for $500-600 if you didn't mind being out of town a bit. My last apartment was $599/mo when I moved in; it's $1300/mo now (6 miles from Toyota's new US HQ... 600 sq ft, early 80s like where I'm at now, but in far better shape).

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Elephanthead posted:

That is not fitting, should have just strapped it to the roof.

You and I have very, very different definitions of the word fit apparently.

How would putting a fully assembled riding lawn mower on the roof of a car with no roof rack or tie down points make it “fit” better than putting it in the cargo area with the hatch closed??? I ask only for enlightenment

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I shared this with Dave and he said he prefers Hondas but I still think this is a great deal, 2zz and tons of space for bikes and gear... These things are like hatchback sportbikes:

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/2005-pontiac-vibe-gt/6386852411.html

(We have a matrix xrs and the wife has commandeered it because it's too fun to drive.)

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Nov 28, 2017

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I shared this with Dave and he said he prefers Hondas but I still think this is a great deal, 2zz and tons of space for bikes and gear... These things are like hatchback sportbikes:

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/2005-pontiac-vibe-gt/6386852411.html

(We have a matrix xrs and the wife has commandeered it because it's too fun to drive.)

Those are the ones that are basically Toyotas under the cladding, right?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

beep-beep car is go posted:

Yes

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
The beauty of a hatchback is that whatever doesn't fit in it will probably fit on it

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Don't these cars have tow ratings?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

The beauty of a hatchback is that whatever doesn't fit in it will probably fit on it

That poor roof.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

lol, damaging your roof is definitely cheaper than renting the HD/blowe's truck for $20/hr

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
This is what happens when you go to Lowe's for a box of fasteners and come across ten solid-core interior doors for thirty bucks, remembering too late after the cash-and-carry transaction that you sold your truck yesterday

(yes, I am the guilty party, and the roof dent popped right out)

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

beep-beep car is go posted:

The reliability of a Toyota, with the laughable image of a defunct domestic marque.

DirkDonkeyroot
Feb 25, 2007
Wish you guys got Honda Streams over there, would be perfect for Dave.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

um excuse me posted:

Don't these cars have tow ratings?

Not in the US they don't, but in Europe the exact same model of car is somehow qualified to tow 1500 lbs or so.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So that fit actually IRL has 200,000 miles on it :stare:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

DICK DICER posted:

Yeah but 200k miles on an 09 pretty much guarantees freeway miles

:stare:

DICK DICER posted:

You called it. Freeway miles, right? :stare:

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
I vote fit. My buddy has a manual one and it's survived several years now with zero problems or rust in brutal South Dakota winters.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
EVERYONE NEW HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT LISTEN TO THE ALBUM ORANGE GOBLIN EULOGY FOR THE DAMNED

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

DICK DICER posted:

Still worth it at the price if it was taken care of. Is it a one owner car? Maintenance records?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

DICK DICER posted:

EVERYONE NEW HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT LISTEN TO THE ALBUM ORANGE GOBLIN EULOGY FOR THE DAMNED

Link for the lazy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8V_khGz5hM

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
That fit should be OK with those miles provided its had regular maintenance. Just make sure its not all sludged up and offer $2500. They are good cars.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

DICK DICER posted:

Its all fun and games to shop but this is seriously in the IRL top 3 contenders

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/2009-honda-fit-sporty-super/6401460030.html

This posting has been flagged for removal. [?]

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

rdb posted:

That fit should be OK with those miles provided its had regular maintenance. Just make sure its not all sludged up and offer $2500. They are good cars.

I bought my xB with higher than average miles because it was a one owner car that was meticulously maintained with AMSOIL, the guy even showed me his garage cabinet full of AMSOIL products. He also pointed out to me numerous times that he waxed the door jambs...Ok whatever. The car still smelled new with 80k miles on it.

Also it was one of the very few xB's being sold privately, most of them were all being sold at dealerships and gently caress that bullshit.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Still worth it at the price if it was taken care of. Is it a one owner car? Maintenance records?

Small dealership that claims it was towed behind an RV, which posted the wrong number to call in the ad so I found them on facebook. I saw evidence of a front bumper towing kit in the pictures, so I dont know how truthful that story is as I have never done it and dont know if that would rack up miles

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yes it most definitely would. Sounds like an incredible deal then if everything checks out. I'd ask for the VIN# and go ahead and run a check on it just to make sure it's not a flood car or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Flat towing anything with an electronic odometer will almost certainly not add displayed mileage.

Edit: Unless you left the ignition on, I guess. Which you don’t do when you flat tow.

• Locked thread