Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

That is spectacular.

I particularly like how dude dropped his hands, ducked into the kick, AND froze in place so it would be certain to hit him. Put his own head on a tee. Flawless technique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
:psyboom:

He dead.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
that guy looked horrified at what he'd done

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The tooth flying into the audience is a nice touch

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Dude took a dive.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/934968787270586368

https://twitter.com/Bestrafer7/status/934993656439640065

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Hope that title doesn't turn out to be prophetic

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Chael over mo?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Fat shitrione heavy favorite?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Skip My Posts posted:

Fat shitrione heavy favorite?

How could he not be?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

kimbo305 posted:

How could he not be?

It's the way I'm leaning. His only legitimate recent-ish loss is to Rothwell, and Rothwell - especially roided - would steamroll that tournament. Nelson has faded a ton since they fought, and Meathead has improved.

Though I'd not be entirely shocked if Mir ate a bunch of wild-caught organic kangaroo meat and showed up looking like his old self. Nobody in that field would have anything for a good version of Mir.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I agree. I'd love Mir to have some magic left in him. If Fedor murks him, he's making it to the finals easily. Chael will gas trying to take down fedor and rampage is far too slow imo.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I think anyone could win except chael

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/DannySeguraTV/status/935235552818982912

Let's go Rory!

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Probably not rampage either he barely even moves around now

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Rory chasing that BJ dream.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

rory gonna win it all and then return to the UFC to fight GSP in a contrived rivalry

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Skip My Posts posted:

Probably not rampage either he barely even moves around now

chael is way more likely to win than rampage, at least chael can shoot a takedown

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Bader is going to win the whole thing and each of his fights is going to be more Strikeforce Nashville than the last

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Nierbo posted:

I agree. I'd love Mir to have some magic left in him. If Fedor murks him, he's making it to the finals easily. Chael will gas trying to take down fedor and rampage is far too slow imo.

Mir winning the whole thing would be loving awesome but I have a feeling he's gonna get swarmed with Fedor casting punches early

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

chaleski posted:

Mir winning the whole thing would be loving awesome but I have a feeling he's gonna get swarmed with Fedor casting punches early

I feel like the Fedor who got murked by Mitrione and needed to own the entire athletic commission to eek out a split decision over Fabio Maldonado should lose to even this dusty version of Mir, but you are right its a winnable fight for both guys. I think the winner of that fight will fight either Mitrione or Bader in the final if it all goes without a hitch, but realistically we will see a double alternate bout between Rory Mac and a tasteful but affordable memorial wreath for Kimbo Slice

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Sergey.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Scott Coker books him to come to the final as the alternate, but fucks up the names somehow and books little-known 2-3 Estonian welterweight Sergey Haritonov

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Ramage just started streaming his training:
https://www.twitch.tv/rampageishuman

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
how the gently caress is sakara fighting for a title this year

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
the funny brazilian loss meme but this time it’s Matt Mitrione saying the only reason he lost to Nelson the first time was Joe Silva tricking him into fighting in the WEC cage https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11/27/16706620/joe-silva-responds-to-matt-mitriones-claim-that-silva-lied-about-roy-nelson-fight

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Fat Twitter Man posted:

the funny brazilian loss meme but this time it’s Matt Mitrione saying the only reason he lost to Nelson the first time was Joe Silva tricking him into fighting in the WEC cage https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11/27/16706620/joe-silva-responds-to-matt-mitriones-claim-that-silva-lied-about-roy-nelson-fight

its not hard to trick Mitrione. I figured he's lived long enough to let that sink in.

Still a funny story, tho.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I'm mildly annoyed that they didn't watch the event to determine the actual size in dispute here.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

kimbo305 posted:

I'm mildly annoyed that they didn't watch the event to determine the actual size in dispute here.

I can remember without looking that it was in a small cage. I don't know why that fact stands out in my memory, but "Holy poo poo these fat dudes are basically fighting in a hot tub and lol Shitrione is out" pretty much has its own entry.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
joe silva using one of those long sticks for war maps to push fatt shitrione's snakes and ladders piece back down

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
all fights should take place in the WEC cage and Matt Mitrione should go suck a lemon

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

quote:

“To say I lied says I did it with intention,” Silva said. “Even if I knew the dimensions, with everything we had going on, with so many shows and so many fights to make and so many guys falling out, if I was this evil genius, why would I go out of my way to stick it to Matt Mitrione of all things?”

lmao

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
joe silva promised me there would be space heaters in the cage so that my shoulder wouldn't lock up and i could throw my left. cal worsham you're a fuckin punk

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://mobile.twitter.com/rizin_STAFF/status/935740787098341379

on the one hand it's good that rizin has an eye on the future instead of just a downward spiral of old guy fights, on the other it's bad that gomi is fighting the guy that extremely knocked out cruickshank

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
so many japanese fighters are going to have CTE mush brains by the age of 50.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://twitter.com/BrMassami/status/935740408612696064

There's some insane kickboxing politics fuckery going on. Just going to quote this wholesale from Karaevfan, a valued member of the kickboxing illuminati forum:

quote:

Tenshin's opponent will be determined from volunteers (RIZIN is accepting submissions till December 4th on its site). The interesting thing here is to see if any K-1 Japan fighters are willing to try it out. Takeru vs Tenshin for NYE got shot down when Takada suggested it earlier this year, so I guess RIZIN is out of ideas or goading K-1 into it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

https://twitter.com/BrMassami/status/935740408612696064

There's some insane kickboxing politics fuckery going on. Just going to quote this wholesale from Karaevfan, a valued member of the kickboxing illuminati forum:

this could be sick or stupid bullshit

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

this is way more savage than actually intentionally putting him in a tiny cage to get beaten up to be honest

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Marching Powder posted:

this could be sick or stupid bullshit

unless somebody excommunicates themselves from k-1 i expect stupid bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Triticum Guzzler posted:

unless somebody excommunicates themselves from k-1 i expect stupid bullshit