Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The Caster of Okeanos is definitely Circe, which makes me even more salty that we STILL don't have Odysseus as a Servant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

TheFireMagi posted:

Also, I'm liking Caster of Okeanos' design. Really curious on who Salem girl will end up being with how much they're hiding details.

it seems like a very good chance of being abigail from the theme of the cm and abigail's historic importance to salem? which would mean that her piercing purple eyes at the end there are because she's being possessed, which then leads to the question of who is possessing her.

since the salem banner has the house of seven gables in it, and because it sounds cute and cool, i'm putting my money on lovecraft possessing abigail

(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Space Flower posted:

it seems like a very good chance of being abigail from the theme of the cm and abigail's historic importance to salem? which would mean that her piercing purple eyes at the end there are because she's being possessed, which then leads to the question of who is possessing her.

since the salem banner has the house of seven gables in it, and because it sounds cute and cool, i'm putting my money on lovecraft possessing abigail

(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!

Yeah, I assumed it was Abigail, but I couldn't see her being 5-stars even with how infamous the Salem witch trials are. I can dig Lovecraft-Abigail though, so this will also be what I'm hoping for.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Her flavor text in the announcement definitely points to her being Abigail Williams as well, though I'm mainly curious what her class is going to be since they've been hiding that too. Seems possible she'll be one of the extra classes.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
beast class

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Is it not possible to get a ticket to get your Santa Alter in the raffle prior to day 7?

I'm assuming this is some variant of the expected strategy either way:
-Spend the first 6 days grinding mats to get the Holy Night Sign CEs and KFC buckets. Maybe if time allows, go after some other things in the shop that you need.
-On day 7 when Santa Alter unlocks for sure (you get a ticket as a quest reward for that day), switch to raffle clearing time for the rest of the event
-Assuming you've gotten the winning items, reset the raffle every time you get the golden apple AND run out of AP?

Various sources say that the ticket exchange in the shop doesn't become available until day 7, nor does the 50AP free quest.

It seems bad to reset the raffle without at least getting the gold and silver apples; personally I'd get the bronze apples and the secret gems too, and at that point you've basically cleared it out anyway.

Agreed, but which one?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Welp, looks like I’m gonna have to skip all paid gachas this year because I’m dead broke. No thanksgiving, no New Years, nothing.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Nice. Update my Mata Hari animations to match this PV thank you.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007
Why the hell they didn't include the alternate meaning text/ruby text in stuff like the Noble Phantasm Names? They were obviously meant to be seen to together and typically give a different impression.

For example Nobunaga's NP 'Three Line Formation' also have the name of "Three Thousand Worlds'
Zhuge Liang's NP 'Unreturning Formation' also have the title of 'Stone Sentinel Maze'
And of course, Artoria's NP 'Excalibur' also have the title of 'Sword of Promised Victory'

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

Various sources say that the ticket exchange in the shop doesn't become available until day 7, nor does the 50AP free quest.

It seems bad to reset the raffle without at least getting the gold and silver apples; personally I'd get the bronze apples and the secret gems too, and at that point you've basically cleared it out anyway.
I think based on cirnopedia at least, the 50AP is available out of the gate: "12/16/2015 2:00 Stocking Gathering Eve: Adult Christmas" (The original event started on 12/16)

Since this event is so last minute I'm going to give one of those reddit google docs a whirl: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AdbV-nBUOjyd4o3hjtP1to1wSwfh3Sllc5XlMNirDNs/edit?usp=sharing

Copy it to your own drive to edit and just update as you go. At the very least I appreciate it cataloging the expected days it will take to get the KFC buckets and Sock CEs.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I rolled like two tickets in the KH gacha last night and ended up getting Marie instead, which is pretty cool since that means i finally have all of the first batch of 4-stars

Also Okeanos Caster looks cool, i might roll for her

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Nate RFB posted:

I think based on cirnopedia at least, the 50AP is available out of the gate: "12/16/2015 2:00 Stocking Gathering Eve: Adult Christmas" (The original event started on 12/16)

Since this event is so last minute I'm going to give one of those reddit google docs a whirl: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AdbV-nBUOjyd4o3hjtP1to1wSwfh3Sllc5XlMNirDNs/edit?usp=sharing

Copy it to your own drive to edit and just update as you go. At the very least I appreciate it cataloging the expected days it will take to get the KFC buckets and Sock CEs.

I'm not seeing any buttons on this page to copy the spreadsheet anywhere.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Might be a chrome/googledrive thing, I dunno:

E: Try going directly to this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AdbV-nBUOjyd4o3hjtP1to1wSwfh3Sllc5XlMNirDNs

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Having wrapped up Camelot last night, I didn't think this stupid game could make me tear up, but there goes Nasu. Happy birthday to that crazy man.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

That did it, thanks.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Randomzx posted:

Why the hell they didn't include the alternate meaning text/ruby text in stuff like the Noble Phantasm Names? They were obviously meant to be seen to together and typically give a different impression.

For example Nobunaga's NP 'Three Line Formation' also have the name of "Three Thousand Worlds'
Zhuge Liang's NP 'Unreturning Formation' also have the title of 'Stone Sentinel Maze'
And of course, Artoria's NP 'Excalibur' also have the title of 'Sword of Promised Victory'

The best is Shakespeare.

The applause shall be as 10 000 thunders: First Folio!

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Randomzx posted:

IIRC they just couldn't get it to work and not look ugly as sin.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Randomzx posted:

The worst part is, this is going to be a real problem later on when folks like Enkidu and Passionlip come out, because they deliberately have the same NP name as other Servants but the ruby text is different, and that difference is actually important to how one sees the character.

Also: WHAT IS GOING ON. Salem looks completely bonkers.

Also I'm good on casters and I want to save for Christmas 2017/New Year's, but man, Circe looks like a ton of fun and Hidari's art is great as always...

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Randomzx posted:

IIRC they said they couldn't typeset the command cards to look decent. (They're already pretty cramped)

I still feel they should've kept it for stuff like the status screen and the NP subtitle.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Managed to get like 6 fangs from Wyvern Island this morning and now they're not dropping anything. WTH

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

RanKizama posted:

Managed to get like 6 fangs from Wyvern Island this morning and now they're not dropping anything. WTH

Why are you grinding fangs when the event that starts in 3 days has 5 fangs per raffle box?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Just how the absolute gently caress do I buy Quartz from Europe? Do I have to buy US Google Play cards or something? gently caress

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Killed By Death posted:

Just how the absolute gently caress do I buy Quartz from Europe? Do I have to buy US Google Play cards or something? gently caress

By paying straight off your debit or credit card instead of using existing google play funds

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Vengarr posted:

Why are you grinding fangs when the event that starts in 3 days has 5 fangs per raffle box?
Because I have nothing else to grind on right now and haven't been keeping up with the event info in this thread like I should

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Suaimhneas posted:

By paying straight off your debit or credit card instead of using existing google play funds
Every time I try to do this it gives me an error.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Killed By Death posted:

Uh, let's see.

I've managed to use an US GPlay account with US GPlay money in the Japanese version, so the game itself doesn't lock you out based on account.
You might need to make an EU GPlay account to load EU GPlay money.

Credit card should work too, at least it works for me.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 28, 2017

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Argas posted:

IIRC they just couldn't get it to work and not look ugly as sin.

I'd rather have a tiny text than nothing at all.

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.
I'm an EU person and I was able to use my credit card just fine. Maybe it has to be Visa or AMEX?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Every month some crazy lady explodes through the wall and demands I go on an adventure. Busy, busy...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If anybody is just recently starting or has a really bad luck account, please take this one away from me. I can't handle two accounts after certain updates. It's the Gil/Drake one.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Just slide Drake over to me. tia

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
My god why is Lancelot's NP gen so terrible?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

I love my cat. Look at that blushing, smiling face!

She's the one that goes out and gathers the bread/ascension materials AND the one who cooks, though....

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ZiegeDame posted:

My god why is Lancelot's NP gen so terrible?
Even with a Kaleidoscope, it's hilarious how it's still incredibly hard it is to get him up to 100%. The absolute best NP gain he can manage on a single turn is ABQ to a whopping 10.5% added.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Kaleidoscope and Waver are pretty much mandatory for him.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Killed By Death posted:

Every time I try to do this it gives me an error.

Are you using a Maestro debit card? I always had problems with things based outside Europe not accepting that (Steam, most notably) and had to ask my bank to change it to a Mastercard one instead

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've taken to bringing Tamacat instead when I need an AOE zerker support for farming.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

The bad news: I spent all my Quartz on the Scathath banner and didn't get her.
The good news: I got two copies of Gilgamesh. I am drowning in Archers.

Suaimhneas posted:

Are you using a Maestro debit card? I always had problems with things based outside Europe not accepting that (Steam, most notably) and had to ask my bank to change it to a Mastercard one instead

Sciencegar posted:

I'm an EU person and I was able to use my credit card just fine. Maybe it has to be Visa or AMEX?
The card I'm using is just a standard Visa. I guess I'll just give Google call tomorrow, my bank doesn't seem to have anything to say about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's funny, I always planned on eventually raising David to max level because I liked his character and I needed a third Archer besides Emiya and Gilgamesh that was single target, but raising up Robin Hood in preparation for the event made me realize that Robin Hood is probably a better Servant gameplay wise than David, even though David was released after him.

Also Caesar will be stuck at level 50 for a while, because I don't plan on losing my few Eternal Gears to him yet until London comes out. Hope that's good enough for Christmas! Thankfully as long as I spend next week's Archer day on grinding the 30AP for pieces, both Robin Hood and David will be fine for levels. Martha is level 60 already, that's probably fine. Just need a support Santa Alter/Jack and my own Santa Alter (eventually) and I'll be down for some lottery.