Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

opioid agonist posted:

you and me both.

I think I'll play Horizon: Zero Dawn instead for a while

alloy for pack 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

Seriously I am never clear on exactly what Aphrodite is forbidding and why her authority extends to this situation

I KNOW RIGHT WHAT THE gently caress IS FORBIDDEN

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I just want to beat up Superman with Leonardo. Then all will be right.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

alloy for pack 4

Electrum is already in the game.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/935508567741870081

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i'm still not clear on the difference between black adam and shazam

or who black adam is

in general

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Why would you tell us this Ed you gently caress

precision posted:

or who black adam is

in general

He is Captain Marvel’s nemesis who has the same deal going on except with Egyptian gods

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

codenameFANGIO posted:

He is Captain Marvel’s nemesis who has the same deal going on except with Egyptian gods

And unlike Captain Marvel SHAZAMTM, he doesn't have a bitter legal history so he tends to get used more often.

He will also be played by The Rock.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

codenameFANGIO posted:

Also Captain Marvel is no longer called Captain Marvel. He's "Shazam" now, which formerly was just the name of the wizard who granted him his powers/what he yelled to transform.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Blast Fantasto posted:

Also Captain Marvel is no longer called Captain Marvel. He's "Shazam" now, which formerly was just the name of the wizard who granted him his powers/what he yelled to transform.

I refuse to accept this because it’s dumb.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The wizard is Shazam and the superhero is Dr. Shazam's Monster.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Funky Valentine posted:

He will also be played by The Rock.

:discourse:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

codenameFANGIO posted:

Preach.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

yeah seriously like way to loving confirm "we had a cool idea....but gently caress IT!"

I'd have loved Doomsday/Shazam/Batgirl again but nope gently caress you you'll get subzero and raiden and like it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

precision posted:

or who black adam is

in general

Black Adam is basically The Original Captain Marvel and is pretty similar to Sinestro. He got superpowers to be a hero and ended up abusing them to become a tyrant instead. He was sealed away/shot into space/etc and ended up coming back. In some versions he's the person who killed Billy Batson's parents. He has basically the same set of powers more-or-less but is evil-sometimes-antihero. A lot of writers basically just make him DC's Namor.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

ImpAtom posted:

Black Adam is basically The Original Captain Marvel and is pretty similar to Sinestro. He got superpowers to be a hero and ended up abusing them to become a tyrant instead. He was sealed away/shot into space/etc and ended up coming back. In some versions he's the person who killed Billy Batson's parents. He has basically the same set of powers more-or-less but is evil-sometimes-antihero. A lot of writers basically just make him DC's Namor.

Adding to this, in at least one version he was sent to the other side of the universe for abusing his powers, rather than accept this and making a new life he instead spent a few thousand years slowly flying back to earth. He's kind of in a weird place in that his brutal/complicated antihero stick is more popular than Captain Marvel, but he is so closely associated with that character.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

he does remind me of Namor but Black Adam also literally caused World War 3 in DC universe. He's a ridiculously powerful and pissed off character so at least NRS got it right by having him be an overpowered fucker in both games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hate you so much, Ed Boon.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

hup posted:

Dumb question: what poo poo in this game will you never get tired of? Like, there's only so long I can tolerate some dialogue, but Joker's "BANG" flag through the head will never get old. Same with Green Arrow dancing after he wins a clash. "Aphrodite forbids you," however, grates.

"We must prepare ourselves for dark magic."
"Try to make more sense, kay hun?" to Sub-Zero from Harley Quinn.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just a heads up, Goon Latern Corps on PS4 is full right now. There's two people that applied but they can no longer be accepted, sorry! From what I can tell I am the only active guild member. Will look into pruning the list to make room for more people who are still playing the game. I play Injustice 2 every day for at least a few hours.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Do not remove me from the guild I swear to god

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

Do not remove me from the guild I swear to god

Fair enough! I feel like it's probably just you and me. I wish the guilds could hold more members and was cross platform. I am actually doing guild multiverse now too!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I said come in! posted:

Just a heads up, Goon Latern Corps on PS4 is full right now. There's two people that applied but they can no longer be accepted, sorry! From what I can tell I am the only active guild member. Will look into pruning the list to make room for more people who are still playing the game. I play Injustice 2 every day for at least a few hours.

I actually joined yesterday and since I just got the game I'll be active for a couple of hours every day.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

codenameFANGIO posted:

Even better, the reason behind Billy Batson yelled SHAZAM to transform was that it was a acronym for :

Solomon's wisdom
Hercules' strength
Atlas' stamina
Zeus' power
Achilles' courage
Mercury's speed

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I will pull my weight

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

So he can't say his own name? Does he just "Well my name is Shaz... Captain Marvel." in the books?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
He has his talking tiger friend introduce him everywhere so as to not accidentally unmorph.

Oh by the way he has a talky tiger friend, named Tawky.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MrJacobs posted:

So he can't say his own name? Does he just "Well my name is Shaz... Captain Marvel." in the books?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

I'd join the guild if there were room. I play every day for a couple of hours. My username's the same as my SA name.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MrJacobs posted:

The thing about this is:

This was originally Captain Marvel Jr's gimmick. He was empowered after Captain Marvel, by Captain Marvel, and transformed by saying Captain Marvel. So he eventually started going by names like CM3 so he could introduce himself without depowering.

Naturally, of course, the new Shazam is written by dumb people so they just go "um um its about intent" except when it isn't, like the panels posted above or when they defeat Black Adam by ticking him into saying Shazam.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Also it's established that they can just change what the words of power are apparently, because he does it to Black Adam's. So there's no reason it even has to be "Shazam" really.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

The thing about this is:

This was originally Captain Marvel Jr's gimmick. He was empowered after Captain Marvel, by Captain Marvel, and transformed by saying Captain Marvel. So he eventually started going by names like CM3 so he could introduce himself without depowering.

Naturally, of course, the new Shazam is written by dumb people so they just go "um um its about intent" except when it isn't, like the panels posted above or when they defeat Black Adam by ticking him into saying Shazam.

They've been consistent about intent.

Saint Freak posted:

Also it's established that they can just change what the words of power are apparently, because he does it to Black Adam's. So there's no reason it even has to be "Shazam" really.

Different versions :flashfact:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Anyways the important thing to take from all this is we should've gotten Tawky Tawny instead of Mortal Kombater Number 12.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bring back Zatanna

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Annataz kcab gnirb

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

This is upsetting. Batgirl was my favorite in Injustice 1. Barbara just needs to kick Superdoofus in the face some more! We could have had a Cassandra Cain skin, or Stephanie Brown.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I got this game in the PS4 sale and have spent an embarassing amount of time letting it play itself to grind while I do other poo poo. I like the RPG stuff in theory but in practice leveling is so slow and all my gear is so high above me it hasn't been clicking for me. At least the actual game part is pretty fun.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

So when is Goku getting added to this game?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Goku is coming to Tekken 7.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I got this game in the PS4 sale and have spent an embarassing amount of time letting it play itself to grind while I do other poo poo. I like the RPG stuff in theory but in practice leveling is so slow and all my gear is so high above me it hasn't been clicking for me. At least the actual game part is pretty fun.

Do yourself a favor and just completely ignore all the gear stuff and just play ranked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

So when is Goku getting added to this game?

he's got his own game so everyone needs to come to him now

• Locked thread