Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Alan Is More Upset posted:

Where are all the purple kinetic autorifles?
I'm 270 and this is the only blue on my char.

Scathelocke is a random drop, Origin Story is a storyline reward, Ghost Primus is the raid drop. They're the three most commonly used purple kinetic ARs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
P. sure I mulched origin story early on thinking I should get a better purple at some point. Seems like post story guns are super heavily stacked to drop as the energy type for whatever reason.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

I’m still hoping to get a Minuet-42. Not only does it look great but since it’s energy it has that extra 10% damage on shields in PvP. Not sure what kinetic would be best with it though, there’s a lot of good choices.

My preferd energy handcannon. Since there's so many great kinetic options, my minuet doesn't see a whole lot of use. It's... decent, but it does surprise me nicely from time to time.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Forget those other kinetic autos, you gotta get guiding star, the dead orbit auto.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
That's going to be difficult, when the faction rally isn't around, the only way to get guiding star is via cayde's stash chests. It's a very very very very low drop rate.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
The IB kinetic autorifle is a 600rpm Origin Story.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Forget those other kinetic autos, you gotta get guiding star, the dead orbit auto.

Guiding Star is basically the best kinetic AR, well worth going Dead Orbit for next faction rally if you have bad taste and didn't pick them first go around.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Halfdan's recoil is a bit chunky but I love it anyways.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I wish trading and banking was in this game, I have like three Guiding Stars in my vault I'd sell for like 70k glimmer each.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

I’m still hoping to get a Minuet-42. Not only does it look great but since it’s energy it has that extra 10% damage on shields in PvP. Not sure what kinetic would be best with it though, there’s a lot of good choices.

Energy weapons do a bit more damage against guardians in super but that’s it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
3 cloaks, 2 chests, 2 helms, 1 leg, 0 arms. Disappointedly throwing in the towel because I'm not about to frustrate myself by trying to grind out some last minute engrams that have a minuscule chance of giving me the gloves.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

OdinsBeard posted:

Energy weapons do a bit more damage against guardians in super but that’s it.

Apparently they do bonus damage if they match the element of a sword when it's blocking but uh, who actually blocks with a sword

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
What a swordid affair.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Waffle House posted:

Trials being light level disabled allows people with GREEN armor to play competitively.

Well, they'd have lovely mobility/res/healing but yeah, no light level is good imo.

Elysiume posted:

3 cloaks, 2 chests, 2 helms, 1 leg, 0 arms. Disappointedly throwing in the towel because I'm not about to frustrate myself by trying to grind out some last minute engrams that have a minuscule chance of giving me the gloves.

Welp I was able to turn in 23 times for this week and I got boots and arms. That's it. I'm mad. All I wanted was the hunter cloak (and I guess mask).

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I got a Manannan a few days ago and it’s a fantastic gun. I ran a lot of Tlaloc back in D1 and Manannan is the closest in terms of gunfeel by far.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Eej posted:

There's Origin Story from Zavala either as a quest reward for clearing your 2 Strikes or randomly from his Engrams, Scathelock which is a random drop and Sweet Business which is an exotic. I think that's it for notable kinetic autos.

Don't forget the Halfdan-D, Guiding Star, Ghost Primus, and Forward Path. Pretty much every auto-rifle is awesome, they seem like a sweet spot in destiny 2- good damage, good rate of fire, good range, and a large mag.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

It doesn’t hurt that auto rifles are so controllable with kb + m

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

If you read the weapon reviews, the constant is that only people on PSX and XBL ever complain about recoil on any gun.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it is kind of a curious thing that they reportedly turned off the recoil for kb+m since it "felt bad" because you'd think it'd "feel bad" regardless of what you're using to point and shoot at things. or even, you'd think since it's easier to adjust your aim using the kb+m that they'd choose that mode to shake your gun all over the place, and turn it off for thumbsticks since it's harder to make precision tweaks

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Nov 28, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
1 more week... just 1 more week before Destiny gets the one thing it's been lacking: the removal of all that season 1 eververse and faction gear.

guess you gently caress boys can't complain about having nothing to collect if you can't collect it anymore, ever again

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Hey guys. I am looking for an EU/PC clan, I saw the listing in the OP but most didn't mention a TZ or platform. I'm a casual player, never played D1, looking to start with some strikes. 20/234 (Britanicus).

Apologies if this isn't the place to ask but I didn't where else to go!

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat

Minrad posted:

1 more week... just 1 more week before Destiny gets the one thing it's been lacking: the removal of all that season 1 eververse and faction gear.

guess you gently caress boys can't complain about having nothing to collect if you can't collect it anymore, ever again

I'm certain they'll bring all that stuff back in like season 3 cause bungie is lazy and making new things is hard

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah I love that a big feature is trying to collect poo poo from rng drops where our rate of drops is either deceptively limited or contingent on spending real money!!! I’m a fuccboi!!!

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Mymla posted:

A lot of them probably are. Doug is a douchebag name.

My name is Doug. gently caress you, man.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
A Buff Gay Dude, Iron Banner broke me. I did 3 sets of dailies everyday for a week and never got my hunter boots.

Now I see the cold and uncaring world for what it is, a joke where the only punchline is time and the only one laughing is Bungie.

Please pat my head and tell me the boots will come back

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

A Buff Gay Dude, Iron Banner broke me. I did 3 sets of dailies everyday for a week and never got my hunter boots.

Now I see the cold and uncaring world for what it is, a joke where the only punchline is time and the only one laughing is Bungie.

Please pat my head and tell me the boots will come back

As far as I can tell, Iron Banner is still going on. I saw the flaming gong in town this morning. I didn't check the playlist though to see if it was still playable though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I didn't bother with iron banner after I got 4 of the loving scout rifle in a row.

Hopefully Scarab Lord has some good poo poo to say today.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sdoots posted:

My name is Doug. gently caress you, man.

Why would you ever admit this

<breaks into a flopsweat>

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

poemdexter posted:

As far as I can tell, Iron Banner is still going on. I saw the flaming gong in town this morning. I didn't check the playlist though to see if it was still playable though.

I just logged in, it's gone. Its rough too, because I RP that my Hunter has a drinking problem and not getting the boots she wanted might push her back off the wagon :ohdear:

Ok, so is anyone up for helping to coordinate some of the goon community before Season 2 and XPac drop?

From where im sitting we could:

1) get a new thread going
2) Consolidate Overchill Destiny goons and HOTDOG (https://discord.gg/5aVkDfP) into a straight up Destiny discord (https://discord.gg/ej6HBMR), instead of everyone just always being split up up by 3-5 different discords
3)purge and consolidate clan stuff so everyone still has friends to play with

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 28, 2017

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

I just logged in, it's gone. Its rough too, because I RP that my Hunter has a drinking problem and not getting the boots she wanted might push her back off the wagon :ohdear:

Ok, so is anyone up for helping to coordinate some of the goon community before Season 2 and XPac drop?

From where im sitting we could:

1) get a new thread going
2) Consolidate Overchill Destiny goons and HOTDOG (https://discord.gg/5aVkDfP) into a straight up Destiny discord (https://discord.gg/ej6HBMR), instead of everyone just always being split up up by 3-5 different discords
3)purge and consolidate clan stuff so everyone still has friends to play with

Lol

We have a discord with 1000+ people.

Why do you continue to fight this?

https://discord.gg/2pYhFzX

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I've never had any issues finding groups for raids or people to fill in the big Destiny goons channel. I don't really see the point of consolidating.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

don't play with goons and soloqueue everything

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hey guys here's a brand new discord we can consolidate on!

Repeat 10x

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

You lot should reconsider https://xkcd.com/927/

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok, then will whoever runs the Naan discord clean it the gently caress up? Why are there 300 channels? If it were even a little less messy people wouldnt be so scared of it.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

it is kind of a curious thing that they reportedly turned off the recoil for kb+m since it "felt bad" because you'd think it'd "feel bad" regardless of what you're using to point and shoot at things. or even, you'd think since it's easier to adjust your aim using the kb+m that they'd choose that mode to shake your gun all over the place, and turn it off for thumbsticks since it's harder to make precision tweaks

Its weird because if you take an autorifle and unload at a wall without moving the mouse, it'll travel straight up that wall in exactly the pattern they said they removed

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok, then will whoever runs the Naan discord clean it the gently caress up? Why are there 300 channels? If it were even a little less messy people wouldnt be so scared of it.

Why are you a control freak? Let it go.

I know we're trying to be inclusive and what not, but if you're intimidated by channels (what?) that are easily sussed out, don't click the invite. It's easy to navigate and use.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you know now that i think about it by recoil they probably meant the randomness in spray from what you're aiming at, not necessarily where the gun travels. i can see pointing your gun precisely at someone's head with a mouse and then having your shots spray around it in a perfect outline being really frustrating but probably unnoticeable with a thumbstick and autoaim

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

Mute the ones not applicable to you and hide em, discord organization is pretty fine since they added channel groups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

explosivo posted:

Anyone able to invite my buddy to ChillyDogs69? Not sure of any other way to request this since no clan chat :shrug:

Edit: Found the list of admins, I'll check with one of them.

literally pm me or post something in clan chat or find me on one of the discords (if im not there, its a poo poo discord)

• Locked thread