Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

fruit on the bottom posted:

One of my main issues with Gotham is that it felt really futile. We know nothing can really change in the city until Batman shows up so that kind of lowers the stakes a lot.

Unless they kill Bruce. I’d respect that.

Well they did the alternative thing which is effectively have Batman show up early. Thankfully the kid they picked has put on like a foot since they started, so that helps a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Movie Flash is running real fast through the speed force as he tries to unfuck everything he’s done. As he’s running he sees another red blue. It’s TV Flash doing the same thing. As they pass each other they go “I loved you in Wall Street!” and go on their way.

I appreciate this joke a good deal, thank you

Unmature
May 9, 2008

TwoPair posted:

:agreed:

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

TwoPair posted:

I tried to Google it, no luck.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Dexie posted:

Ragnarok spoiler, but I've lost hope in getting an Angela appearance in the MCU, now that Hela has been revealed as Thor and Loki's sister. :sigh:

Why? Odin’s got lots of kids. That’s kind of the literal definition of a pantheon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I tried to Google it, no luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTopAYE3IFw

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Why? Odin’s got lots of kids. That’s kind of the literal definition of a pantheon.

I just can't see them doing the secret sister angle twice in the movies. :shrug:

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Thanks, I saw that one long before I ever saw Apocalypse Now and I still haven't seen Wall Street.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Angela just doesn't need to be a sister. She can just exist.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dexie posted:

I just can't see them doing the secret sister angle twice in the movies. :shrug:

No wait, I want to hear Loki say "how many secret children did Odin have?" and Thor just kind of shrugging.

Angela being a displaced Asgardian in Guardians 3 would be good.

My favorite thing is they bothered to make the people in the Swiftboat match the Apocalypse Now crew too.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dexo posted:

Angela just doesn't need to be a sister. She can just exist.

I guess? That's kind of her whole thing since she got brought to Marvel though.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

who says Angela needs to be a secret in this continuity

maybe she was in whichever one of the nine realms she goes to college

she comes back for spring break and hunts down Thor and Loki and is just all "BROS, what the gently caress"

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

She should just switch places with Hela on the family tree.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

fruit on the bottom posted:

One of my main issues with Gotham is that it felt really futile. We know nothing can really change in the city until Batman shows up so that kind of lowers the stakes a lot.

Unless they kill Bruce. I’d respect that.
My main issue with Gotham is that it's bad and really boring.

I want a Gotham Central show, not all this shite with Barbara (CRAZY WOMEN, AM I RITE??) and whatever.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

fractalairduct posted:

She should just switch places with Hela on the family tree.

Who says they didnt?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I forgot what you're talking about, because I literally didn't remember that the movie ends on an ostensibly hopeful note. And I was the one who didn't give much of a poo poo that Superman merks a dude, I was more offended that Pa Kent literally has an aside with young Clarkand literally tells him to murder children over risking his secret identity. But, holy poo poo how loving presumptuous do you have to be to cut from Supes breaking a dudes neck after destroying half a city to "this is the new, hopeful way forward for the Synderverse".

I'm trying to figure out if you're hypberbolic about the Pa Kent thing or you're actually serious, because that scene literally didn't happen.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

irlZaphod posted:

My main issue with Gotham is that it's bad and really boring.

I want a Gotham Central show, not all this shite with Barbara (CRAZY WOMEN, AM I RITE??) and whatever.

Did you give up after season one? Barbara’s legit one of the best things about the show, now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Almost all the complaints I've ever seen about Gotham are from people who don't watch it or only watched the first season.

Personally I don't watch it either but it sounds cool based on other people posting.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I didn't see it posted, but James Franco says Multiple Man will be a hard R.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/28/16709508/multiple-man-xmen-james-franco-logan-deadpool

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The official release of the Infinity War trailer should be in two days, according to the very weird countdown on the Russo Brothers instagram account.

Get hype.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

JT Smiley posted:

Honest to God, I probably would have liked that movie if he wasn't in it at all. The minute he gets absorbed into that tornado the movie lost all the good will I had towards it.

Yeah, there were more things that I didn't like about Man of Steel, but I think I could've forgiven it without all of the Pa Kent stuff. It would go right next to Justice League. As of now, it's straight up at the bottom of the DCEU. It'll always feel like a movie that people really want to like, so they'll just ignore whatever is wrong with it.

Endless Mike posted:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/28/16709508/multiple-man-xmen-james-franco-logan-deadpool

I don't know a ton about Multiple Man on his own. Is this warranted?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They could pretty easily do it without, but assuming they're going with the investigator angle he was put in, I could certainly see a desire to go with an R rating.

Plus there's been at least one scene where he killed a bad guy in self-defense by spawning a dupe inside him so he explodes, which would be really gory.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's going to be a lot of "technically this is masturbation" scenes

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Endless Mike posted:

They could pretty easily do it without, but assuming they're going with the investigator angle he was put in, I could certainly see a desire to go with an R rating.

Plus there's been at least one scene where he killed a bad guy in self-defense by spawning a dupe inside him so he explodes, which would be really gory.

I think he did that twice within like two issues back in the old X-Factor run. Or maybe one was in an annual or something.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

I'm a big fan of the PD run on X-Factor so I hope they go in that direction, though they can skip the Rahne stuff. Rictor and Shatterstar as a couple would be cool tho

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

McCloud posted:

I'm trying to figure out if you're hypberbolic about the Pa Kent thing or you're actually serious, because that scene literally didn't happen.

He tells young Clark that he doesn't have to save everyone, and shouldn't, because his identity is more important than saving kids after he does the bus thing and nearly blows his cover. Which is the exact same as murdering them, since Superman can (through no risk to his own safety) save people, say, stuck in a sinking bus trivially. Like, that's what murder is: enabling death through your own (in)action.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Like, that's what murder is: enabling death through your own (in)action.
Whoa there champ. Sure, it's some pretty bad advice from Pa Kent in a Superman film, but that's a very shaky definition of murder.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Literally instilling the opposite of normal Superman values.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pa Kent cares more about protecting his son from the world than his son protecting the world. That's good characterization. He just doesn't want to lose his son. And he shows his real values in the tornado scene.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Pa Kent also didn’t want Clark to play football, lowering himself to ball boy status. He wasn’t put on this earth to score touchdowns or save people from tornados apparently.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/9...-teaser-a155817

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Pa Kent cares more about protecting his son from the world than his son protecting the world. That's good characterization. He just doesn't want to lose his son. And he shows his real values in the tornado scene.

I agree that having him say one thing to protect Clark and then having his actions contradict that in a moral and heroic way was the intent, but I don’t think the movie sold it very well at all and especially because Superman could have saved him so easily.

I think the only way you could really execute that is for it to happen when Clark isn’t around, so that the only reason he can’t save Pa Kent is because he didn’t know. Of course then you’re telling and not showing, but you can’t have it both ways without doing some irreparable harm to Supes as a character.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Synthbuttrange posted:

Who says they didnt?

It would be weird if Angela was dating her niece.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You know everyone freaks out about Pa Kent dying like an idiot but that scene had always bugged me not because Superman lets his father die just because Pa holds his hand out and says no, but because nobody working on the movie bothered to Google how loving tornadoes work

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

purple death ray posted:

You know everyone freaks out about Pa Kent dying like an idiot but that scene had always bugged me not because Superman lets his father die just because Pa holds his hand out and says no, but because nobody working on the movie bothered to Google how loving tornadoes work

Look just because they used the worst loving place you can for shelter doesn’t mean they didn’t know what they were doing. Maybe they all wanted to die?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

This is going to be insane. I remember when Civil War Trailer #2 dropped overnight and I woke up and my entire Twitter feed was Spider-Man Holding Captain America's Shield. People are actually going to die from hype.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If they monetize the trailer it’ll probably make more than JL.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

purple death ray posted:

I love that before that, they have 30 something Cavill trying to play a guy in his late teens giving the corniest, " you're not my real dad" speech. They honestly couldn't have telegraphed that death any harder.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Samuringa posted:

This is going to be insane. I remember when Civil War Trailer #2 dropped overnight and I woke up and my entire Twitter feed was Spider-Man Holding Captain America's Shield. People are actually going to die from hype.

I watched the Civil War #2 trailer on a co-worker's phone inside an AMC box office

We all just sort of stopped and crowded around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why do people get so hyped though? I mean I like the marvel movies but most of them are very lukewarm experiences and mediocre movies. There's really nothing there to get hyped about

The first avengers was cool because I had not seen anything like that before (tons of main characters from their own movies coming together in one movie etc) but now it's old hat

• Locked thread