Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shageletic posted:

Who's Rick?

Rick Famuyiwa, the previous director.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Ezra Miller looks way too goofy running in slow-mo/superspeed. Like he can't stop flailing or something.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zzulu posted:

When are we getting our transgendered superhero girlfriend

When they make an Angela movie

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jamesman posted:

They have access to magic stones that alter time, space, and reality. Bring back all the dead characters, turn Thor into a frog, bring young Peggy Carter out of the 40's into the present day so Cap can have an awkward-but-satisfying orgy with her, Sharon, and Bucky. Everything is possible.

Didn't they mention that the Throg thing already happened in Ragnarok?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

I haven't seen it yet. Maybe this week!

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

muscles like this! posted:

Yep. There's a throwaway line about Loki once turning Thor into a frog.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I don't think it is appropriate for Geoff Johns to be sending an actress a sexy swimsuit, though I appreciate and thank him for it.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

twistedmentat posted:

I want Strange to come up and hand it to Thor "Oh hey I fixed your hammer"

I can totally see movie Strange doing this. Just in the most not giving a poo poo way possible, like he does it all the time 'Strange dismissing a pissed off Loki with 'ok we're done now, bye bye' and sending him to loving Norway was so good. (Thor Ragnarok spoiler)

Man, I really want to go into Infinity War knowing as little as possible, but the amount of trailers and clips on their way soon is going to make that really difficult.

Just re-watched Man of Steel. And while it has some problems, when it's good it's so loving good. The ending 'Welcome to the Planet' is so perfect it momentarily made me forget the shitstorm that comes after it, and had me looking forward to what should have happened instead.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Just re-watched Man of Steel. And while it has some problems, when it's good it's so loving good. The ending 'Welcome to the Planet' is so perfect it momentarily made me forget the shitstorm that comes after it, and had me looking forward to what should have happened instead.

If they hadn’t botched the follow ups so badly, maybe Justice League wouldn’t be the jarring, Frankensteined tonal cluster gently caress up it is.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

'Welcome to the Planet' makes me so incredibly angry every time I think about it because it's such an incredible line that the preceding five hours of movie do not even come close to earning. In a better Superman story that line would have been an all time addition to the mythology of the character like the way the John Williams music is.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I forgot what you're talking about, because I literally didn't remember that the movie ends on an ostensibly hopeful note. And I was the one who didn't give much of a poo poo that Superman merks a dude, I was more offended that Pa Kent literally has an aside with young Clarkand literally tells him to murder children over risking his secret identity. But, holy poo poo how loving presumptuous do you have to be to cut from Supes breaking a dudes neck after destroying half a city to "this is the new, hopeful way forward for the Synderverse".

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Look he had a good cry and then he got over it he's a pro now

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I forgot what you're talking about, because I literally didn't remember that the movie ends on an ostensibly hopeful note. And I was the one who didn't give much of a poo poo that Superman merks a dude, I was more offended that Pa Kent literally has an aside with young Clarkand literally tells him to murder children over risking his secret identity. But, holy poo poo how loving presumptuous do you have to be to cut from Supes breaking a dudes neck after destroying half a city to "this is the new, hopeful way forward for the Synderverse".

Unironically Pa Kent is probably the worst element of the Snyderverse because I believe the version of Superman we got does logically flow from that

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I just realized that now is quite literally the perfect time for a Kingdom Come movie, while also introducing Earth-Two: have Earth-Two Superman et al like watch Man of Steel and BvS, get freaked out over how much of violent douchebags Supes and Bats are, have them invade to sort the nascent DCEU JL's poo poo out. This also sets up a CoIE movie, which you know they will do, while giving an out to recast Batman since Affleck both apparently doesn't want to do this and he's a giant liability at this point.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Just do a COIE or infinite crisis movie and burn everything to the ground.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Make the CW versions canon and have WW beat up Green Arrow like in my fanfiction

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

As far as I know CW universe is canon, its just set in a different universe than DCEU.

I think at this point the only weird thing about doing a Crisis on Infinite CW Earth and DCEU Earth is explaining why there's no Batman or Wonder Woman in CW-verse, while there's still not only a Flash, but like a billion of them, and the main one has literally the exact same name as the DCEU one.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

As far as I know CW universe is canon, its just set in a different universe than DCEU.

I think at this point the only weird thing about doing a Crisis on Infinite CW Earth and DCEU Earth is explaining why there's no Batman or Wonder Woman in CW-verse, while there's still not only a Flash, but like a billion of them, and the main one has literally the exact same name as the DCEU one.

They've referenced Batman, Harley Quinn and Hal Jordan so they've got openings. I assume Batman would kinda interfere with Gotham, tho.

Although a Flarrowverse/Gotham crossover would be loving hilarious.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm all for having a CGI Christopher Reeves punch reality so we get good DC movies

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I stopped after season 2, how much worse has Gotham gotten?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Koalas March posted:

They've referenced Batman, Harley Quinn and Hal Jordan so they've got openings. I assume Batman would kinda interfere with Gotham, tho.

Although a Flarrowverse/Gotham crossover would be loving hilarious.

as far as I'm aware the CWverse never ref'd Bats right? Like, they had a gag order on even mentioning the character I thought.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

as far as I'm aware the CWverse never ref'd Bats right? Like, they had a gag order on even mentioning the character I thought.

He was referenced in Supergirl, (iirc when Supes shows up, but I quit watching after they sidelined Jimmy as the love interest that season) which is part of the Flarrowverse.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Koalas March posted:

He was referenced in Supergirl, (iirc when Supes shows up, but I quit watching after they sidelined Jimmy as the love interest that season) which is part of the Flarrowverse.

isn't Supergirl in a different universe than CWverse but has crossed over? Still, I guess that works well enough.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

fruit on the bottom posted:

It arguably got better, since it embraced the cheese factor a bit more.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arrow said Bruce Wayne this season.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Unironically Pa Kent is probably the worst element of the Snyderverse because I believe the version of Superman we got does logically flow from that
I agree, the decisions they made with that character were dumb as hell. Not even mentioning his incredibly stupid death.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gotham is good

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Mr Hootington posted:

Gotham is good

How

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Arrow said Bruce Wayne this season.

They seem to have given up on keeping things separate any more.

They've embraced the comic book. The recent story arc involved Professor Pyg and one of the things he did was kill homeless people and turn them into pies, which he fed to Gotham's rich.

Edit: Also this season had Alexander Siddig as Ra's who was totally over 2,000 years old.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Stephen Amell fires a kryptonite arrow at Clark in BvS, bridging the CW-verse and the DCCU. Does that make things better or worse?

Also, Clark keeps talking about his cousin.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
One of my main issues with Gotham is that it felt really futile. We know nothing can really change in the city until Batman shows up so that kind of lowers the stakes a lot.

Unless they kill Bruce. I’d respect that.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I agree, the decisions they made with that character were dumb as hell. Not even mentioning his incredibly stupid death.

Honest to God, I probably would have liked that movie if he wasn't in it at all. The minute he gets absorbed into that tornado the movie lost all the good will I had towards it.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

twistedmentat posted:

I want Strange to come up and hand it to Thor "Oh hey I fixed your hammer"

I think you mean umbrella.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Samuringa posted:

Stephen Amell fires a kryptonite arrow at Clark in BvS, bridging the CW-verse and the DCCU. Does that make things better or worse?

Also, Clark keeps talking about his cousin.

If they put Wonder Woman in the trailer and then managed to stealth drop Green Arrow, in a fuckin Dark Knight reference no less, without it leaking? The loving planet would have exploded.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

One of my main issues with comics is that it felt really futile. We know nothing can really change in the city until Batman shows up so that kind of lowers the stakes a lot.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Koalas March posted:

They've referenced Batman, Harley Quinn and Hal Jordan so they've got openings.

Legends of Tomorrow had Themyscira, so Wonder Woman’s on the table, too.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Ojjeorago posted:

The villain of the Flash movie should be TV Flash.

Climax of the film is Ezra Miller discovering a room full of TV Flashs watching his mom die.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

zoux posted:

When they make an Angela movie

Ragnarok spoiler, but I've lost hope in getting an Angela appearance in the MCU, now that Hela has been revealed as Thor and Loki's sister. :sigh:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Spacebump posted:

Climax of the film is Ezra Miller discovering a room full of TV Flashs watching his mom die.

Their world needed a Flash, and Grant Gustin only knew one way to make one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

One of my main issues with Gotham is that it felt really futile. We know nothing can really change in the city until Batman shows up so that kind of lowers the stakes a lot.

They have apparently changed everything else so it’s not like Riddler has to survive until Batman is around or whatever.

• Locked thread