Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
In a move surprising literally no one, Aston Martin confirm they are working with Red Bull to try to get the 2021 regs changed in order to un-punish Red Bull for being lovely to their engine suppliers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

wicka posted:

The F1 Torque font is the best poo poo anyone related to this dumb sport has ever done.

It looks like Star Wars or something. I don't know what it is... I'm generally OK with it, I just don't like the "M".

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

In a move surprising literally no one, Aston Martin confirm they are working with Red Bull to try to get the 2021 regs changed in order to un-punish Red Bull for being lovely to their engine suppliers.

What part of the 2021 regulations punishes Red Bull?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

They have no engine supplier. Illien said he'd only build an engine if he got a whack of cash from a manufacturer and Aston Martin is on the bring of insolvency.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

What part of the 2021 regulations punishes Red Bull?

I'm being snide about Red Bull angling to change the formula away from hybrids because they've demonstrated to the current set of manufacturers that they are a lovely team to work with and the only way they don't get stuck being a second tier customer team is getting the engine formula changed

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

They have no engine supplier. Illien said he'd only build an engine if he got a whack of cash from a manufacturer and Aston Martin is on the bring of insolvency.

It’s gonna be Honda.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Knowing you're going to be the new Red Bull engine supplier:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

He sure got "it", if by it you mean the slowest non-setup lap in this screen

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

It's going to be hilarious to watch wickas dreams get crushed again in 2018

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Schlesische posted:

Rinoe

Americans have magical new ways of saying a bunch of car manufacturers. With some, like Hyundai, they're probably more correct. With a bunch of other ones, they're probably not.

Gren-ohh

poty fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 28, 2017

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Shades of Hakkinen coming back to randomly test during a test day for McLaren in 2006 and being poo poo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

The best part for you guys is that I’m going to get even more excited as McLaren announce new sponsors, a proper livery, show promising pace in testing, all before inevitably sucking in Australia.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

This adequately depicts my excitement for the 2018 season.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

The best part for you guys is that I’m going to get even more excited as McLaren announce new sponsors, a proper livery, show promising pace in testing, all before inevitably sucking in Australia.

Oh I know. It's one of my favorite things into the season leadup

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i want my old skull av black, please

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

DoctorGonzo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjVmeKWOsEU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

http://store.steampowered.com/app/638110/Desert_Bus_VR/

presented without comment

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Replied with comment: Hell the gently caress yes

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/codemasters-racing-2017

New Humble Bundle is all the Codemasters F1 games (not the latest F1 2017 mind you) in case anyone was interested.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

DoctorGonzo posted:

Weeping Grosjean is now and will forever be how you are represented on these internet forums. Next up: username change to DoctorGrossjeans.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lol DoctorGrossjeans

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

:ironicat:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Saw a clip of kmag’s start. Both Haas drivers are garbage.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

What's it like being paid off by Lawrence Stroll to post endless positivity about his son on SomethingAwful?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm late here but F3 and GP3 are merging come 2019. Thank god.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

The F1 Torque font is the best poo poo anyone related to this dumb sport has ever done.

It might be my americanism speaking but I can see why they did the new logo if only for the merchandise. I'd actually buy like, one of those track map hoodie mockups they have pictured there (especially an Abu Dhabi track map hoodie as a gag gift for F1 Thread Secret Santa)

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
In commeration of old dogs coming back to finish what they started I'm gonna post my favourite BBS games from when I was a wee lad with a 14.4k baud modem and attitude:

#forza90s

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm late here but F3 and GP3 are merging come 2019. Thank god.

I genuinely thought GP3 had already been renamed F3, much like GP2/F2, I didnt realize they were seperate things.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I am liking this consolidation of the ladder. Finally it's being done right.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
F1 2018: Robert Kubica is objectively irrelevant to the topic at hand

Schlesische posted:

Rinoe

Americans have magical new ways of saying a bunch of car manufacturers. With some, like Hyundai, they're probably more correct. With a bunch of other ones, they're probably not.

Hyundai ran an ad campaign in the US once with the joke that we kept saying their name wrong

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

F1 2018: Robert Kubica is objectively irrelevant to the topic at hand

Hyundai ran an ad campaign in the US once with the joke that we kept saying their name wrong

Not sure that joke was aimed at Americans, considering the insane way the Brits butcher that pronunciation.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
To be fair to us it’s a legacy spelling, the modern romanization schemes would render it as hyondae or something and we’d have a better idea how to say it

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

F1 2018: Robert Kubica is objectively irrelevant to the topic of hands

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
robert kubica is overrated and his single win was gifted to him because TRUE and HONEST driver lewis hamilton had a brain fart and took himself out. he's maldonado at best, kovalainen at worst. BMW were right to stop focus on 2008 because they never had a realistic chance at the WDC

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

That's Robert Kubica, 2018 Driver Champion to you, bud.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rhopunzel posted:

robert kubica is overrated and his single win was gifted to him because TRUE and HONEST driver lewis hamilton had a brain fart and took himself out. he's maldonado at best, kovalainen at worst. BMW were right to stop focus on 2008 because they never had a realistic chance at the WDC

*In extremely d&d voice like when someone says something bad about Otherkin* don't do this

gently caress you.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Im amazed no ones posted this yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85GSILNh6U4

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
”I’m not driving one-handed”, says man who everyone now thinks is driving one-handed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Because the Grand Tour was pretty boring and kinda past its use by date within two episodes of the first season?

• Locked thread