Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

BioEnchanted posted:

Could it be a problem with the power supply? It's not overheating is it?

Pretty sure it's something to do with the power supply, since it does this completely randomly, regardless of the internal temp, fan speeds, and whether or not it's on AC power or has the battery installed. Hopefully replacement parts aren't too expensive. It's a pretty sweet laptop and I'd hate to have to get rid of it. A replacement battery (which I'm pretty sure it needs anyway since this one is a few years old already) is something stupid like $100 direct from Dell, and I'm not sure I want to chance using a cheap knockoff.

Meanwhile, I've been browsing the net on my phone, which is okay but I hate typing on it. I pulled my ancient netbook out of storage which is only marginally better, but still godawful compared to my other laptop. Everything is so slow and the the screen is tiny and the keyboard layout is just slightly different.. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Update: I have a black eye. Thanks, IKEA.

It's hard to explain. But I don't want to do it. I'm just going to put a bunch of pillow to cover the pointy headboard.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Thin Privilege posted:

Update: I have a black eye. Thanks, IKEA.

More like IKEA Turner?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

BioEnchanted posted:

More like IKEA Turner?

:golfclap:

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Thin Privilege posted:

It's hard to explain. But I don't want to do it. I'm just going to put a bunch of pillow to cover the pointy headboard.

That’s fair. I was just curious because Iv always kind of preferred not having a bedframe. You’re lower to the ground, there’s nothing under the bed, etc.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My old phone that I was using as a glorified MP3 player has finally poo poo itself and is stuck in a boot loop :shepface: now I have no way to listen to music at work 'til I nut up and buy a proper player.

VV if the thread your post was in was deleted, your post gets wiped from your history along with it.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 03:09 on Nov 26, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I can't find one of my posts and it's really bothering me cause it was pretty important.

E: I found it and feel like an idiot I didn't see it but in my defense I'm not wearing my glasses and I'm pretty much legally blind and looking at the full website on my phone so it's tiny letters.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 03:10 on Nov 26, 2017

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My old phone that I was using as a glorified MP3 player has finally poo poo itself and is stuck in a boot loop :shepface: now I have no way to listen to music at work 'til I nut up and buy a proper player.

VV if the thread your post was in was deleted, your post gets wiped from your history along with it.

How do you listen to music with your hearing issues?

Not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, and no offense meant, I'm genuinely curious.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Cochlear implant! When I'm at home and lazing around it's one thing, but I kind of have to wear the thing at work :v:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I had McDonalds again today and regretted it, just like the last 6 times.

Pretty sure rats have better pattern recognition than I do

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Buying movies and shows on Google Play is infuriating because of weird restrictions. Some of them only allow you to watch in HD if viewed on a phone, laptop, or streamed through something like a Chromecast. If I watch in on my desktop, it's only available in standard def. I have a 4k screen, let me loving watch my paid content in HD!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I should really stop reading the posts by a certain person on Medium. They're dumb as poo poo and what they write makes me super mad, but still I read it, like a moth to the flame :cripes:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm annoyed that I can't really find anything I want to get from the Steam Sale (outside of stuff that's huge-percentage drops, so I'm buying them for pennies on the dollar), but I'm also annoyed that I have so many games that I've previously bought for pennies on the dollar, but don't want to play.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Mu Zeta posted:

Buying movies and shows on Google Play is infuriating because of weird restrictions. Some of them only allow you to watch in HD if viewed on a phone, laptop, or streamed through something like a Chromecast. If I watch in on my desktop, it's only available in standard def. I have a 4k screen, let me loving watch my paid content in HD!
Have you tried that Movies Anywhere thing? Maybe a different playback app would allow HD.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Good: My new MP3 player connects to the Bluetooth thingajobber for my cochlear implant just fine, so I can listen to music while patrolling and while chilling in the guard shack both.

Bad: my playlists weren't saved on the microSD card and having to rebuild them on this tiny-rear end screen with this tiny-rear end circular clicky interface will drive me insane :shepface:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Some books that my friend sent me arrived today but I'm too lazy to go downstairs and pick them up, even though I really want to read them :/

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Allegedly I bought Deadpool on... YouTube? Somehow?
I have it on Blu Ray and didn't claim the digital version. So confused.

Anyway, I bought more dice because I have brain problems.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Good: My new MP3 player connects to the Bluetooth thingajobber for my cochlear implant just fine, so I can listen to music while patrolling and while chilling in the guard shack both.:

You can stream music directly into your skull?

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
My friend has some of my books from Chile but she moved last year and hasn't unpacked them yet. Trying not to be an rear end but I want my stuff back dude cmon

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I got a Cyber Monday email from Air Canada. I'm planning to visit Toronto in August -- the deals are only for trips as late as mid-June.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm having flight pain too! I'm planning a last minute trip to Mexico but all the direct economy seats are full. I either pay more or have to stop on the way.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Brooks Brothers sent me a 40% off coupon that works in their retail stores only and I have nothing I want to buy. A couple years ago I used it to buy a Filson bag.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I joined a fortnightly D&D group at a local game shop a while back and it's pretty fun and the other players are mostly just ordinary people and not the sort of weirdos you normally associate with game shops. The shop owner stipulated that everyone had to buy something worth at least $5 each session to use the space, and that was perfectly fine with me. But since then he's gradually been hassling me more and more to spend more money to the point that I'm tempted to stop going.

He hasn't changed the rule, it's still $5 officially, but when I go to pay he'll make comments like "Oh, I suppose you'll be spending the absolute minimum again?" or "You know the whole point of having these games here is so people will support the shop."

gently caress, either raise the minimum purchase or stop whinging! I don't want any of the stuff you sell, I'm just here for the game, and I was happy to pay you for use of the space. I can tell you one thing, if I do want to buy any games I'm drat sure not going to buy them there. I kind of hope he goes out of business, really, because then I'd be able to suggest alternative venues to the rest of the group.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Why not suggest alternate venues anyway you goddamn wet blanket.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

poptart_fairy posted:

Why not suggest alternate venues anyway you goddamn wet blanket.
I'm not the one who organised the group and I don't know how the others would react to the suggestion or what their relationships with the shop owner are.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Trust me when I say suggesting alternatives is THE WORST thing you could do at this point

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Uhhh. Y'all want to explain why we're jumping on him for complaining about a whiny shopkeep? Yes, it's his shop, but if the dude is constantly doing this I wouldn't wanna buy his poo poo either

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

oldpainless posted:

Trust me when I say suggesting alternatives is THE WORST thing you could do at this point

More like oldspineless ohohohoho :v:

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
My 9 weeks of paid paternity leave are almost done so next week I have to go back to work for 3 weeks before my 2 weeks of xmas vacation. I don't want to :(

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I bought so goddamn much stuff over the last week that it's hard to keep track of what's being delivered when.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

KingColliwog posted:

9 weeks of paid paternity

2 weeks of xmas vacation.

Jesus, you really DO live in the First World! I am green with envy. Or possibly an untreated infection.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Uhhh. Y'all want to explain why we're jumping on him for complaining about a whiny shopkeep? Yes, it's his shop, but if the dude is constantly doing this I wouldn't wanna buy his poo poo either

The "I've got a good mind to say something about this :argh: when he's out of business and there's literally no alternative" is just funny.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
My daughter pooped in the tub during her bath tonight.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Leavemywife posted:

My daughter pooped in the tub during her bath tonight.

But she’s still young enough that this wasn’t out of pure laziness, right? Like, it didn’t appear as though stomping the poo poo down the drain had become a sick routine?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Complaining to your customers to their face that they're not spending more money is a great way to lose business.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

lemon-lyme disease posted:

But she’s still young enough that this wasn’t out of pure laziness, right? Like, it didn’t appear as though stomping the poo poo down the drain had become a sick routine?

I certainly hope not. She's only 15 months.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

You’re safe then. For now. Babies just do this sort of thing from time to time. It’s their way of reinforcing that they’re worth having around no matter WHAT they do.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

lemon-lyme disease posted:

Jesus, you really DO live in the First World! I am green with envy. Or possibly an untreated infection.

But it's not all perfect, I spent close to two of those week getting free healthcare when one of my sons was hospitalised and the room was pretty small. Just imagine, I had to sleep on a couch type thing! At least the oldest one could keep going to the almost free daycare!

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I don't like it when steam pushes an update on one of my games and there's no corresponding patch notes. Tell me what you're doing with MY computer damnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
It's really hard for me to find a show on Netflix that I can half-watch while I browse SA on my iPad without feeling like I'm missing out on something :emo: